Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, Ask Marion and The Independent Sentinel took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – Seattle Makes a Gesture to the Citizenry
- Liberty’s Spirit – The Gettysburg Address, 150 Years of Meaning
- Simply Jews – NYT mockery of Bibi’s stance on negotiations with Iran: an opinion or a message?
- The Political Commentator – You my friend are substandard!
- Joshuapundit – Roundup – ObamaCare’s Epic Fail
- The Right Planet – Patriot Games
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Imperial Iran
- The Mellow Jihadi – Becoming A Military Linguist!
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Be dumb as a brick, get your own MSNBC show
- VA Right! – Freeloading Democrat Obamacare Navigators Encourage Fraud and Lying
- Bookworm Room – Charles Murray taught me libertarianism in a hurry
- The Glittering Eye – The Business of America is
- The Razor – Nurse Practitioners Aren’t the Solution to the Collapsing American Medical System
- Rhymes With Right – Hey Hey! Ho Ho! Arne Duncan Has Got To Go!
- Nice Deb – Latest ObamaCare Ads Are Sexist and Demeaning #DemocratWarOnWomen
- Ask Marion – 1 in 3 Seniors Dies with Alzheimer’s or Other Dementia
- The Independent Sentinel – White House Warned About Healthcare dot Gov Crisis in April
- Mark Steyn – Thus Spake Obama submitted by The Noisy Room
- Daniel Hannan/WSJ – The World of English Freedoms submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- The Contentious Centrist – Yea, the NYT is biased in favour of Israel submitted by Simply Jews
- Boudicabpi – Chamberlain, Munich 1938: How… Incredible It Is… via Joseph Wouk submitted by The Political Commentator
- Jonah Goldberg – Obamacare Schadenfreudarama submitted by Joshuapundit
- Via Meadia – The Most Shocking Obamacare Revelation submitted by The Right Planet
- War Is Boring – US Navy: 5 Questions to Ponder submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- View From The Porch – If schadenfreude had calories, I’d weigh 300 pounds. submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Taki’s Magazine – The Boycott On Normalcy submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Watchdog.org – 30 to 40 percent of Obamacare tech not built submitted by VA Right!
- Victor Davis Hanson – Obama’s Noble Lies submitted by Bookworm Room
- KausFiles – What’s the Obamacare line today? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Thought Catalog – 16 People On Things They Couldn’t Believe About America Until They Moved Here submitted by The Razor
- Policy Mic – Montana’s Plan to Set Gender Quotas For State Legislature Could Be a Model For the Nation submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Joel Pollak/The Conversation – So, When Does Ted Cruz Get His Apology? submitted by Nice Deb
- LetVent.com – A Black Reporter Summarizes Barack Obama submitted by The Watcher
- Andrew McCarthy – Obama’s 5 Percent Con Job submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!