Jon McNaughton: Liberalism Is A Disease — Worse Than Ebola
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up.
“He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.” – Adolf Hitler
“There is no absurdity so palpable but that it may be firmly planted in the human head if you only begin to inculcate it before the age of five, by constantly repeating it with an air of great solemnity.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
“Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool” – Plato
This weeks’ winning entry, The Independent Sentinel’s – Anti-Americanism, Marxism, Porn, Pedophilia Now Available in the Classroom, does a great job in exposing h the organized mind rape and indoctrination of America’s children in the public schools by the implementation of the Common Core program. Here’s a slice:
Did you know that ‘our bodies, being products of eating, are immoral by essence’, and ‘consumption not only bites the world but lessens the leftovers for everyone else’? […] “procreation has become an unintentional act of aggression against the fellow multitudes already cramming the planet.”
~ from The American Experience, a propagandized high school literature text
Leftist revisionist history is seen through a negative, bleak, self-flagellating prism and it is now permeating our schools thanks to Common Core.
Periodically, I post an article about one of the texts or supplementary materials being used under Common Core that promote propaganda, and anti-American ideas. America Now is one such book.
America Now by Robert Atwan is a book of essays from recent periodicals, which is being used in AP English classrooms in numerous high schools and in undergraduate college classes throughout the nation. It is Common Core aligned. It is typical of the type of indoctrination that is becoming part and parcel of the Core. It has less to do with English than it has to do with perpetuating the leftist vision of America – the new America, America Now!
America now is an America that abandons traditional America and takes up a new, improved Leftist America. Common core is the vehicle by which this new America can be rapidly and widely spread.
Parading around as English literature, it is simply leftist propaganda. The theme capitalism is evil runs throughout.
Big Government and government agencies are extolled. The rich are demonized, Southern people are demeaned, man is described as too costly, man is an agent of destruction on earth, and illegal immigration is promoted.
Happiness is something to be attained by adapting to the Marxist perspective.
A telling quote from the book: “One cure–for those who feel that their pursuit of happiness has been sent on a long detour through the labor camps of American and international capitalism–is the institution of a government department that has as its only priority the happiness of all Americans.”
Another article, on the sticky post on our front page, deals with yet another vile, unAmerican book called The American Experience.
A Tea Party leader, Becky Gerritson, who testified before Congress last year and who told Congress “they had forgotten their place,” testified before an Alabama Senate Education Committee in support of a bill to allow local school districts to opt out of Common Core.
Her testimony concentrated on the widely-used literature text, The American Experience: 1900-Present by Prentice Hall. It is Common Core aligned. When she read one paragraph from a recommended novel that was incorporated into the book, it was so pornographic even the senators wouldn’t listen to it. She reminded them that this is being taught to 16 and 17 year olds.
Much more at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Sharyl Atkisson in The Daily Signal with Benghazi Bombshell: Clinton State Department Official Reveals Details of Alleged Document Review, submitted by Joshuapundit. Ms. Atkisson, an award winning reporter, reveals via a former State Department functionary how former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her people were part of an operation to “separate” damaging documents before they were turned over to the Accountability Review Board investigating security lapses surrounding the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya. Do read it.
Here are this week’s full results. Only The Colossus of Rhodey was unable to vote this week, but was not affected by the 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – The Independent Sentinel – Anti-Americanis, Marxism, Porn, Pedophilia Now Available in the Classroom
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes –The Razor – Why I Think Bombing ISIS Is a Bad Idea
- Third place with 2 votes – The Noisy Room – Cruz: Those Who Hate Israel, Also Hate America
- Fourth place with 1 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit – Kerry: US Must Help Push ‘Real Islam’
- Fifth place with 1 1/3 votes – The Right Planet – What The United Nations Doesn’t Want You To Know
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – VA Right! – New Music Video – American Freedom Fighter
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – Pro-Israel Students Arrested at Ohio University for Standing Up to BDS-ers
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Bookworm Room – What passes for theater and theater reviews amongst New York’s self-styled finest
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Nice Deb – Obama Administration Denies Threatening Journalist’s Families With Prosecution
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Sharyl Atkisson/Daily Signal – Benghazi Bombshell: Clinton State Department Official Reveals Details of Alleged Document Review submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 2 votes – The Diplomad 2.0 – 9/11/14: Year Thirteen in the 1400 Year War submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – Moon of Alabama – The New “Regime Change” Plan – Attack Damascus From The South submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – David Greenfield/Front Page Mag – Can Republicans win in a post family America submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Michael Totten – Face the Brutal Truth About ISIS submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Victor Davis Hanson/PJ Media – Are the Orcs Winning? submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – SE Cupp – Is it OK to hunt while pregnant? submitted by VA Right!
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Election Law Blog – Breaking News and Analysis: Federal Court Grants Injunction Restoring Early Voting in Ohio submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Michael Goodwin/New York Post – Obama’s Ship Is Sinking submitted by Nice Deb
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – World Net Daily – U.N. to dump flood of Muslim refugees on U.S. submitted by Ask Marion
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Douglas Ernst – Army’s diversity storm troopers fret over numbers of white men leading combat brigades submitted by The Colossus Of Rhodey
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Caroline Glick – Of politicians and moral courage submitted by The Watcher (h/t Terresa at The Noisy Room)
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum and every Tuesday morning when we reveal this week’s nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere and you won’t want to miss it… or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.