From: The Watcher’s Council
The Council has spoken and boy did I earn my munificent salary this week!
We ended up with three-way ties in both Council and Non-Council categories and you-know-who as Watcher had to break ‘em and decide this week’s winners. So this week I have the ‘opportunity’ to have two of my fellow Council members ticked off at me!
In the Council category, we had a tie between New Zeal’s Judith LeBlanc: Top US “Peace” Activist and Communist Leader, an in-depth look at a major ‘peace and justice’ activist and her overt communist ties; The Noisy Room’s expose of an insidious plan to use ‘smart meters’ along with land use regs to control how we use energy, violate our privacy and promote Big Government, Agenda 21 ‘Outsmarting’ America, and Right Truth‘s Al-Qaeda In Iraq And The Overall Situation (UPDATED), an examination of how things are settling in with us on the way out.
It was a tough choice, believe me. I loved both The Noisy Room’s take on the ‘smart meters,’ and Right Truth’s look at how Iraq is coming along, but ultimately I was won over by New Zeal’s expose’ of a Leftist Weasel with enormous influence that most of us have never heard of. So accordingly, this week’s winner is New Zeal for Judith LeBlanc: Top US “Peace” Activist and Communist Leader. Here’s a slice:
The US “peace movement” can take at least part of the credit for the Obama Administration’s proposed cuts in defense spending.
For years the movement has campaigned to end every US war, dump every possible weapons system, close all US bases abroad, and divert US military spending to domestic social programs.
One of the key leaders of the US peace movement in recent years has been Judith LeBlanc.
A member of the Caddo American Indian tribe of Oklahoma, LeBlanc is national field organizer for Peace Action, the country’s largest grassroots peace organization with 100,000 members across the country. She is also formerly the national co-chair of the peace umbrella group United for Peace and Justice, with Leslie Cagan, who was then a leader of the Marxist Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism.
LeBlanc herself is also a Marxist, first joining the Communist Party USA in 1974.
Le Blanc is one of the vice-chairs of the Communist Party and chairs its Peace and Solidarity Commission, the body charged with directing the US “peace movement”. Leblanc was formerly a reporter for the People’s Weekly World, forerunner of the People’s World. She has written extensively on her travels to Japan, Palestine, Israel, Lebanon, Australia and elsewhere and was an eyewitness reporter on the 9-11 attacks and their aftermath in New York City.
Same story in the Non-Council category. We had a deadlock between Melanie Phillips for How can men like this pose as moral arbiters? submitted by New Zeal, an examination of the records of some of the characters presuming to criticize Rupert Murdoch over the UK hacking scandal; Tulisan Murtad/Lee Jay Walker for Srebrenica – Bosnian Muslim Jihad killings of 3,500 Christians submitted by Right Truth, some information you might not be aware of about what really happened when NATO intervened in Yugoslav civil war against the Serbs and how media shaped our perception of it; and New Ledger with Gawker’s John Cook Attempts to Out CIA Agent Who Helped Kill Bin Laden submitted by Rhymes with Right, a story I covered over at my own site that makes the Valerie Plame affair look tame by comparison.
Again, three excellent pieces, but my vote went to New Ledger with Gawker’s John Cook Attempts to Out CIA Agent Who Helped Kill Bin Laden submitted by Rhymes with Right. And no, don’t expect to see this story trumpeted by the Dinosaur Media.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 3 votes! New Zeal – Judith LeBlanc: Top US “Peace” Activist and Communist Leader
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – The Noisy Room – Agenda 21 ‘Outsmarting’ America
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – Right Truth – Al-Qaeda In Iraq And The Overall Situation (UPDATED)
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – The Razor – Standing on the Bones of My Ancestors
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Rhymes With Right – Houston Chronicle Publishes Ignorant Column Ridiculing Rick Perry For Failure To Exercise Power He Doesn’t Have Under The Texas Constitution
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Colossus Of Rhodey – ¡Viva Mexico!
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Info Age Warfare
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Bookworm Room – What Passes For Reasoned Economic Analysis On The Left
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Joshuapundit – Media Bias Anyone? Foreign Policy Magazine Lists Israel As A Failed State!
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Snapped Shot – Obama Nukes Obama
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote -VA Right! – John Boehner Begins the Republican Cave Dance on Debt Ceiling – America Crys!
- *First place with 3 votes! – New Ledger – Gawker’s John Cook Attempts to Out CIA Agent Who Helped Kill Bin Laden submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – Tulisan Murtad/Lee Jay Walker – Srebrenica – Bosnian Muslim Jihad killings of 3,500 Christians submitted by Right Truth
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – Melanie Phillips – How can men like this pose as moral arbiters? submitted by New Zeal
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Battleland/TIME – As China Rises Militarily submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 votes – Iowahawk – Questions, So many Questions submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fifth place with 1 vote – Andrew Bostrom – Whittaker Chambers, Communism, and Islam (Edited & Updated) submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Michelle Malkin – Another mortifying McConnell head-banging-against-the-wall moment submitted by The Political Commentator
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Gates of Vienna – Allah and the Prophet Are the Only Authorities That Count submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Hoosier Access – Remember that Tragic Story About Obama’s Mother? Pretty Much a Lie submitted by VA Right!
- Seventh place with 1/3 vote – Terry Glavin – The Obama Doctrine: Retreat, Surrender, Pretend, Lose, Run Away, Hide submitted by Simply Jews
See you next week!