Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
THE COUNCIL IN ACTION!!
Nice Deb’s new piece over at Breitbart, Keystone Pipeline Causing Heartburn for Vulnerable Democrats, is a great read. And I’m feeling that heartburn myself, every time I fill up at the pump!
This week, Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion and The Pirate’s Cove earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- Liberty’s Spirit – Reminder of Why J Street is Not Welcome Into the Mainstream
- The Noisy Room – Harry Reid – Standing Between A Politician And His Millions
- The Razor – The Coming 2-Tiered Medical System
- Joshuapundit – The Shameful Stench Of Benghazi Continues
- The Independent Sentinel – Fundamental Transformation: Obama Again Calls the United States a Constitutional Democracy
- Ask Marion – Sunshine Is The Greatest Disinfectant
- Simply Jews – The views we choose: The Guardian and Times of Israel on Putin
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – A Broader Failure Of Policy
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Salon.com miffed superhero flicks feature straight white guy
- Rhymes With Right – Malfeasance, Misfeasance, And Nonfeasance: Denise Pratt Redux
- VA Right! – When Good Blogs go Bad – The Bearing Drift/Brian Schoeneman Soap Opera
- Nice Deb – Video: State Dept. Withholding 7 Page Email Exchange Between Top WH Officials Re Fox News/Benghazi Media Strategy
- Bookworm Room – Donald Sterling is the Left’s desperately needed “wag the dog” moment, distracting from their myriad failures
- The Glittering Eye – Sweet Home Chicago
- The Right Planet – Manning Johnson: Color, Communism and Common Sense
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Missing Barry Rubin
- The Pirate’s Cove – I Get Email: What Do You Mean By “Someone Else”?
- Stephen Hayes/Weekly Standard – Benghazi Lies submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Kurt Schlichter/Townhall – The Nightmare of a Defenseless America submitted by The Noisy Room
- Richard Haas/The American Interest – U.S. Foreign Policy: In Troubling Disarray submitted by The Razor
- David Harsanyi/The Federalist – When Does Criticism Of Israel Become Anti-Semitic? submitted by Joshuapundit
- Maggie’s Notebook – Leon Panetta Violated NDAA, Changed Benghazi Sp Forces Mission Without Chris Stevens MANDATED Approval submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Rush Limbaugh – The World According to Carp: Political Correctness Spreads Like a Disease submitted by Ask Marion
- Stormbringer – Arming The Enemy submitted by Simply Jews
- Kimberly Kagan/WSJ – Why Iraq Is Moving Closer to Full-Scale Sectarian War submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Vanity Fair – A Fundamental Fight submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Ryan T. Anderson & Robert P. George/Real Clear Policy – Freedom to Marry & Dissent, Rightly Understood submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Conservative Tribune – BREAKING: White House Defies Congress, John Kerry Will IGNORE Subpoena submitted by VA Right!
- Conservative Treehouse – Benghazi F.U.B.A.R. – Understanding the Oval Office activity on 9/11/12 – What Was, and What Was Not, Known… submitted by Nice Deb
- Andrew McCarthy/NRO – The AWOL Commander In Chief submitted by Bookworm Room
- Scott Johnson/Powerline – The courts will not save us submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Black And Right – The Democrat Race Lie submitted by The Right Planet
- Zero Hedge – The American Dream Is Dead For Everyone But A Happy Few submitted by The Watcher
- Caroline Glick – Life Under The Obama Doctrine submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!