Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, Liberty’s Spirit, Ask Marion and The Pirate’s Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great pieces.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an email address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
Up For Grabs: I would like to remind our readers that there is a vacancy currently available in the Watcher’s Council. This is a very special group and a superb opportunity for a blogger to reach a wider audience, increase their traffic and showcase their work. If you think you qualify and are interested in applying, leave a comment with a link to your site, your email address (which will remain confidential) and any questions you might have as a comment on any article over at Joshuapundit.
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – The Gang of Eight Needs to Ride Into the Sunset with Their Amnesty Bill
- Simply Jews – Rachel Shabi speaks up, or the wail of the muzzled
- The Political Commentator – Fast and Furious finally grabs the attention of Americans!
- Joshuapundit – The Myth Of The Hispanic Tidal Wave
- The Razor – To The Father of The Girl I Drove Behind on a Rural Highway in the Rain
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Ottoman Spring
- Bookworm Room – Could it be that CO2 has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the earths temperature? *UPDATED with help from Zombie*
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Boss Obama’s Post-Racial America
- VA Right! – Weaponizing the IRS Alinsky Style
- The Mellow Jihadi – Where I Write of My Nether Regions
- Rhymes With Right – Just Try And Prosecute Me!
- The Right Planet – ‘They Are Liars’: Beck Says These Then-And-Now Obama Videos Prove It
- The Glittering Eye – Downgraded Again
- Ask Marion – America’s Patriotic Season
- Liberty’s Spirit – Tiananmen Square Massacre Anniversary
- The Pirate’s Cove – 1st World Problems: Talking To Your Kids About “Climate Change”
- Mark Steyn – The Lois Lerner Defense submitted by The Noisy Room
- Mick Hartley – After Woolwich submitted by Simply Jews
- Ralph Peters – Middle East Genocide submitted by The Political Commentator
- Ayaan Hirss Ali – The Problem of Muslim Leadership submitted by Joshuapundit
- Gavin McInnes/Taki’s Magazine – Gays Didn’t Kill Marriage, Divorce Did submitted by The Razor
- Flashpoints – China’s Amphibious Game Changer? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Strategy Page – Believing The Islamic Lie submitted by Bookworm Room
- FrontPage Magazine – Obama Inc. Seeking Someone to Teach Al Qaeda in Gitmo to Paint Watercolor submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Western Journalism – Congressman’s Epic 1 Minute Obama Critique! submitted by VA Right!
- Stately McDaniel Manor – Micro Intellects = Micro Stamping submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Urban Grounds – Redistricting in the #TXLege Time to End Minority-Majority Gerrymandered Districts submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Gates Of Vienna – The West Has an Irrevocable Duty to Help the Christians of the World submitted by The Watcher
- Sarah Honig – Another Tack: The light from London submitted by The Watcher
- Norman Podhoretz/Commentary – “My Negro Problem-and Ours” at 50 submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!
1 thought on “Watcher’s Council Nominations – Scandal-Palooza Edition”
The Article v project is a Constitutional American history research site with a single amendment to repeal the 14th, 16th and 17th amendment which will restore the State rights and powers and end the Courts legislating from the bench. The courts will be placed back under the limits of article III and end the usurped powers taken with Marbury V Madison [Judicial Review] and McCulloch V Maryland [Implied powers] case law precedent theory. British Common law is not mentioned as usable in the ORIGINAL FOUR CORNERS OF THE CONSTITUTION.
The Federal system has all three branches in usurpation . . in effect America is no longer a Constitutional Representative Republic – it is acting more and more like a DEMOCRACY . .
Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty.