University of California, Santa Cruz Professor Tammi Rossman-Benjamin is fighting back against attempts by Marxist/Muslim extremists to smear her as an anti-Palestinian “racist”.
After years of monitoring and exposing anti-Israel extremists and militants on campus, professor Rossman-Benjamin has been targeted as someone who must be silenced.
Rossen-Benjamin’s “racist” remarks are actually simple statements of fact.
According to Ali Abuminah‘s Electronic Intifada, Benjamin-Rossman’s hateful speech includes this statement:
“Primarily the MSA [Muslim Student Association] and the SJP [Students for Justice in Palestine] students … they are generally motivated by very strong religious and political convictions, they have a fire in their belly, they come to the university, many of them are foreign students who come from countries and cultures where anti-Semitism is how they think about the world … These are not your ordinary student groups like College Republicans or Young Democrats. These are students who come with a serious agenda, who have ties to terrorist organizations.”
Tammi Rossman-Benjamin will NOT be intimidated and she will NOT be silenced. She is taking the fight to the radicals.
- a defamatory on-line petition accusing Rossman-Benjamin of racism and censorship and calling on UC President Mark Yudof to condemn her
- defamatory posters about Rossman-Benjamin widely posted on the UCSC campus
- posting over a dozen videos on YouTube that characterize her as “hateful” and “dangerous”
- instructing SJP students UC-wide to file hate/bias reports against her on their respective campuses
- passing resolutions condemning her for “inflammatory, hateful, and racist assumptions” in the UC Berkeley, UC Santa Barbara, UC Davis, and UC Irvine student senates
- working with groups sympathetic to terrorists (eg. International Solidarity Movement) and associated on-line publications (eg. Electronic Intifada and Mondoweiss) to more widely circulate these defamatory materials about her.
- MSA and SJP members have been responsible for physically harassing and assaulting Jewish students, vandalizing Jewish communal property, disrupting pro-Israel speakers, and aggressively confronting Jewish students at events.
- MSA and SJP chapters consistently sponsor speakers, films, and exhibits that engage in discourse or use language considered antisemitic by the U.S. State Department.
- MSA and SJP chapters associate with individuals and organizations that are linked to terrorist activity and call for violence against Jews.
- As a result of the hostile environment created by the activities above, Jewish students have reported feeling physically unsafe, harassed, and intimidated, and some have even reported leaving the university, avoiding certain parts of campus, and hiding symbols of their Jewishness.
- Investigating these two student organizations to determine if their behavior violates university policies or state and federal laws, and if so, to take appropriate disciplinary measures that ensure the safety and well-being of all members of the campus community.
- Publicly affirming the right of all members of the campus community to speak out against anti-Jewish bigotry without fear of harassment, demonization, and defamation.
If only two per cent of U.S. college professors were as courageous as Tammi Rossman-Benjamin, American universities would be completely different.
Give Tammi any encouragement you can. We’ll keep tabs on battles and report back as things unfold.
Courage like Tammi Rossman-Benjamin’s must be supported.
7 thoughts on “UC Santa Cruz Professor Fights Back Against Marxist/Muslim Extremists!”
Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in
Opera. I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know.
The style and design look great though! Hope you get the problem solved soon.
March all leftists marxists neomarxists extreme militant feminists all the apparatchaks out of Academia now…how these muslim activists see fit to consort with the atheistic LEFT in the West is truly facinating….My academic tenured wifes career was destroyed by a cohort of neo marxist progressive feminist left wing atheists embedded in her faculty…now we have nothing..and this at Australias largest faculty of Education..Queensland unisversity of Techngy in Brisbane..
I think the above mentioned Groups should be investigated by Homeland Security. Sounds like they need to be put in the group with the KKK and Black Panthers. If they are sending threats, isn’t that enough to revoke their student exchange status. Why is UC putting up with students threats on a teacher?
Amen, and purge these anti-American professors and students. They should not benefit off the American taxpayer!!