By: Terresa Monroe-Hamilton | NoisyRoom.net
I have been watching the U.S. embassy siege in Baghdad since it started. I heard varying reports of thousands of Iranian militia members and terrorists storming the facility there. Thankfully, none of our people were killed. What the left was labeling as Trump’s Bengahzi was anything but.
Around 100 U.S. Marines arrived Tuesday to help fortify defenses. An additional 750 troops were also deployed to Iraq Tuesday in what Secretary of Defense Mark Esper called an “appropriate and precautionary action.” About 4,000 more troops have been told to prep for the possibility of being deployed to the region, Fox News reported.
There will be no Benghazi’s under President Trump’s watch. So much for Iran saying that Trump could not do a damn thing about the attack. This is not Obama they are dealing with.
This morning, the Iraqi military reportedly announced that all paramilitary groups and their supporters who had been protesting against U.S. airstrikes in Iraq had withdrawn from the perimeter of the embassy. This was after rubber bullets and tear gas were used against the attackers. As Trump oversaw the response, OIR spokesman Col. Myles B. Caggins III tweeted a video of AH-64 Apaches heading for Iraq, quoting Department of Defense secretary Mark Esper: “We have taken appropriate force protection actions to ensure the safety of American citizens…and to ensure our right of self-defense. We are sending additional forces to support our personnel at the Embassy.”
Esper announced that he had authorized “the immediate deployment of the infantry battalion from the Army’s 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, North Carolina,” according to The Associated Press, which added, “Additional soldiers from the 82nd Airborne’s quick-deployment brigade, known officially as its Immediate Response Force, were prepared to deploy,” and that the full brigade consisted of around 4,000 soldiers. If Iran is going to attack our people, then we retaliate in kind.
On Tuesday, Trump tweeted, “Iran killed an American contractor, wounding many. We strongly responded, and always will. Now Iran is orchestrating an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Iraq. They will be held fully responsible. In addition, we expect Iraq to use its forces to protect the Embassy, and so notified!” Trump also said, “Iran will be held fully responsible for lives lost, or damage incurred, at any of our facilities. They will pay a very BIG PRICE! This is not a Warning, it is a Threat. Happy New Year!” Trump seems to be carrying through on his promises here as well.
The Daily Wire noted, “The terrorist attack on the U.S. Embassy started early on Tuesday morning when thousands of supporters of the Kataeb Hezbollah terrorist organization attacked the facility in response to U.S. forces killing dozens of terrorists from the organization just a few days ago.” Did Iran really think that Trump would not respond? And don’t be fooled, this is not the end of this situation, it is just the continuation of the beginning.
Earlier this week, Israel stated that war with Iran is imminent. They have already been fighting Iran’s thugs in Iraq and Syria so this has already begun. There is no way the U.S. can sit this out and Iran was trying to see just how hard they can poke the American badger before getting a response. They got their answer and scrambled off like the mangy curs they are this morning with their tails between their legs as usual.
It’s a valid question as to why we are even still in Iraq. However, there has always been logic in our presence there. War is coming with Iran and has been inching forward for decades. We are there to slow it down but that won’t hold much longer now. The U.S. should smack Iran hard very, very soon. And in the midst of all this aggression towards the U.S. is Russia backing Iran in their bloody terrorism.
And just in case you think Obama had nothing to do with all this, it would be good to remember that Iranian militia leader Hadi al-Amiri, one of several identified as leading an attack on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad on Tuesday, reportedly visited the White House in 2011 during the presidency of Barack Obama. That’s right… one of those who led the siege was a guest of Barack Obama. I’m not surprised in the least.
Crowds of terrorists rallied on Tuesday to protest in Iraq, chanting “death to America,” setting fires, throwing rocks, and smashing surveillance cameras. They breached an outer perimeter wall but did not enter the main compound.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said late Tuesday on Fox News that there were no plans to evacuate the embassy or pull out any of the 5,000 troops in Iraq. “The embassy is being monitored. It’s safe. The actions that we took today were prudent. Under President Trump’s direction, our team worked together today to quickly, decisively, prudently take the appropriate responses to keep our American people safe,” Pompeo said during an appearance on CBS.
From Fox News:
“Elsewhere, demonstrators could be seen hurling rocks over the walls of the embassy compound before U.S. troops responded by firing tear gas from the roofs of the buildings.
“The Popular Mobilization Forces, an umbrella group of state-allied militias — many backed by Iran — called on its supporters to withdraw in response to an appeal by the Iraqi government, saying “your message has been received.”
“By late afternoon the tents had been taken down and the protesters relocated to the opposite side of the Tigris River, outside the so-called Green Zone housing government offices and foreign embassies. U.S. Apache helicopters circled overhead.
“After achieving the intended aim, we pulled out from this place triumphantly,” said Fadhil al-Gezzi, a militia supporter, told the Associated Press. “We rubbed America’s nose in the dirt.”’
President Trump does not want war with Iran but that does not mean he won’t go that route if they keep this up. Then we’ll see whose nose is rubbed in the dirt and it will not be America’s.
“It’s been handled very well,” the president told reporters as he walked into a New Year’s Eve celebration at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida Tuesday night. “The Marines came in. We had some great warriors come in; they did a fantastic job.” He added: “They were there instantaneously, as soon as we heard. They came immediately. It’s in great shape. This will not be a Benghazi. Benghazi never should have happened. This will never, ever be a Benghazi. … As soon as we saw there was a potential for a problem, they got in.”
Americans will watch as this finishes playing out. But I would warn them that war is definitely coming and our nation is much stronger under President Trump than a Marxist like Barack Obama. For the sake of our national security, our freedoms, and our country, President Trump needs to be reelected. Never again should Americans die like they did in Benghazi and our military should always be locked and loaded and ready to take on communists and evil Islamist players such as Iran.
Great job by President Trump, his cabinet and our military. As for me… I am relishing the day that the mullahs are dispatched to hell where they belong.