Tim Wheeler is the national political correspondent of the People’s World website. He has been a reporter and editor for the working-class press for well over 40 years. He lives in Baltimore, MD and in Sequim, WA with his wifeJoyce Wheeler.
Party members present were Erwin Marquit, Helvi Savola, Jack Brown, Peter Molenaar, Morgan Soderburg, Bill Gudex, Mark Froemke, Scott Marshall, Gary Severson, Mike Madden, Becky Pera, Charlie Smith and Tim Wheeler.
Mark Ritchie, later Secretary of State for Minnesota) also attended and addressed the meeting. In a written report on the meeting by Tim Wheeler, Ritchie was referred to as a “non-party friend” of the Communist Party. The report was marked “not for publication”.
- I have been canvassing with a friend, Rev. Pierre Williams, a United Methodist minister in Baltimore. We got a vivid feel for just how deeply Obama’s message is resonating here going door-to-door in a working class neighborhood yesterday.
Tim Wheeler was in Obama’s campaign HQ as the primary results came in.
- I’m at the Obama headquarters and you can hear the cheering all over. It’s really very exciting.
In early 2008, Tim Wheeler, his wife Joyce Wheeler and another Communist Party USA couple Jim Baldridge and Margaret Baldridge were all active members of Obama’s Baltimore operation – organizing, canvassing, phone banking and general campaign work.
- The highest profile election victory here Nov. 2 was the reelection of Sen. Patty Murray. She defeated Republican Dino Rossi by more than 100,000 votes.
- I was asked to coordinate street-corner “waves” for Murray here in my hometown. We could tell Murray was doing well by the number of motorists, especially women, who honked and gave us the thumbs-up salute, far outnumbering the Republicans who gave us a sour look and the thumbs-down.
- My wife Joyce and I spent one afternoon canvassing for Murray up on Bell Hill, where my family once owned a dairy farm. It is now crowded with luxury homes with panoramic views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and Mount Baker.
Tim Wheeler is active in the Clallam County Democratic Party: it is common for Communists to double as Democrats.
And of course he supported Obama in 2012.