Police officers turn away from Mayor de Blasio as he speaks
at the funeral service Saturday for NYPD Officer Rafael Ramos.
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up.
“The end of law is not to abolish or restrain, but to preserve and enlarge freedom. For in all the states of created beings, capable of laws, where there is no law there is no freedom.” – John Locke, Second Treatise of Government
A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.” – Saul Bellow, 1976
“The enemy is within the gates; it is with our own luxury, our own folly, our own criminality that we have to contend. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
This week’s winning essay, The Noisy Room’s – Meet The Agitators Behind the New York Protests and Cop Killings. is a very well written and detailed look at the story behind the story… the groups whom are organizing and directing the recent spate of riots, protests and attacks on police. Here’s a slice:
As riots and police attacks ratchet up, America needs a primer on who is behind all the violence and chaos. The media and our Marxist government would have you believe that the protests across the nation are spontaneous reactions to the cop-related murders of Michael Brown and Eric Garner. Both were black young men and both were killed by white cops. Only problem is that both of these thugs were actively committing crimes and resisting arrest. Grand juries found both officers innocent. Racially stoked violence and protests were next on the agenda. But things are never what they seem and there are players that planned and executed an agenda when an opportunity presented itself.
The radical Leftist group, ANSWER, is behind much of this. ANSWER stands for Act Now to Stop War and End Racism. One of the major “anti-war” fronts of the Stalinist Workers War Party from the early 1990’s through 2010, ANSWER International sponsored many large protests over US involvement in Iraq during both the Gulf War and Operation Iraqi Freedom endeavors. Its leadership has consisted almost solely of WWP or Youth Against War and Fascism members. Since 2006, ANSWER has come under the influence of the Party for Socialism and Liberation, a split from the Workers World Party. In other words, communists. ANSWER shares the same physical address in New York as the Party for Socialism and Liberation. Though they claim to have formed in the aftermath of 9/11, this group’s core has been around a long time.
From Discover the Networks:
oalition Organizations as listed on ANSWER Website:
- Al-Awda (Right of Return Coalition)
- IFCO/Pastors for Peace (ANSWER Steering Committee)
- Free Palestine Alliance – U.S. (ANSWER Steering Committee)
- Partnership for Civil Justice – LDEF (ANSWER Steering Committee)
- Nicaragua Network (ANSWER Steering Committee)
- Bayan – USA/International (ANSWER Steering Committee)
- Korea Truth Commission (ANSWER Steering Committee)
- International Action Center (ANSWER Steering Committee)
- Muslim Student Association of the U.S./Canada (ANSWER Steering Committee)
- Kensington Welfare Rights Union (ANSWER Steering Committee)
- Mexico Solidarity Network (ANSWER Steering Committee)
- Middle East Children’s Alliance (ANSWER Steering Committee)
- National Council of Arab Americans
- National Lawyer’s Guild
- Not in Our Name
- United for Peace and Justice
Speakers at ANSWER-Co-Sponsored Events as listed on ANSWER Website:
- Ramsey Clark
- Cynthia McKinney
- Jesse Jackson
- Al Sharpton
- Elias Rashmawi (Free Palestine Alliance)
- Peter Lindsay (ANSWER Youth and Student Coordinator)
- Larry Holmes (International Action Center)
- Brian Becker (International Action Center)
- Mara Verheyden-Hilliard (Partnership for Civil Justice)
- Marie Hilao Enriquez (BAYAN)
- Macrina Cardenas (Mexico Solidarity Network)
- Chuck Kaufman (Nicaragua Solidarity Network)
- Yoomi Jeong (Korea Truth Commission)
- Cheri Honkala (Kensington Welfare Rights Union)
- Ismail Kamal (Muslim Students Association National)
- Rev. Lucius Walker
- Tamara Rettino (Jews for a Just Peace)
- Naseer Aruri (Palestinian historian and author)
ANSWER also claims 501c status under the Progress Unity Fund.
The New York protests were organized by ANSWER, Occupy Wall Street and approximately 10 other radical Left wing groups. These groups are economic justice and pro-Palestinian in nature. ANSWER is extremely anti-Israel and anti-military. Their steering committee is made up of Progressive groups, socialists, communists and advocates from the Muslim, Arab, Palestinian, Filipino, Haitian and Latin American communities.
Democratic Socialists of America helped support and craft Occupy Wall Street. Also assisting in the formation of the group was the Communist Party USA, assisted by the Young Communist League USA. The communists are also working an agenda here to ‘change’ America into a communist utopia.
From Occupy Wall Street:
“Fifth Avenue is the world’s most expensive shopping street – a playground for the global 1%. **This 1% is precisely who the police serve and protect. They flood black, Latino and other oppressed communities like an occupying army so as to intimidate us into accepting things the way they are.”
Other organizers of the protests included:
- Crystal House
- El Grito De Sunset Park
- Existence is Resistance
- New Yorkers Against Bratton
- NYC Solidarity with Palestine
The communists are not alone however. They are working with Jihadists – radical Islamists who want bloodshed in our streets. The media has blacked out that the killer of the two NYPD officers a week ago was Muslim. Ismaaiyl Brinsley had Koranic verses and Islamic Jihadist propaganda on his Facebook page. He was also cozy with an extremist imam. But you would never know it to read the mainstream media. Brinsley was also a member of the gang known as the Black Guerrilla Family.
Much more at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Kurt Schlichter with 2014: The Year The Liberal Lies Died, submitted by Joshuapundit. I think he’s on to something here, as he usually is.
Here are this week’s full results. Only Rhymes With Right was unable to vote this week, but was not affected by the mandatory 2/3 vote penalty for not voting:
- *First place with 3 votes! – The Noisy Room – Meet The Agitators Behind the New York Protests and Cop Killings
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – The Right Planet – A World Conspiracy
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – Ask Marion – Experimental treatment uses immune system to fight Cancer – Immunotherapy coming to US in 2015
- >Third place *t* with 1 vote – Bookworm Room – A “Letter of Solidarity” from Cal. State University, Northridge reads like a parody of Leftist anti-Americanism
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – Nice Deb – Giuliani Doubles Down On Obama Criticism, Says de Blasio Should Apologize To NYPD (Video)
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Simply Jews – US policy on Cuba as a (recalcitrant) state of mind
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – The Independent Sentinel – Ministry of Truth News: Obama Says Race Relations Are Better Under His Reign
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Iran – Pakistan War
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit – Thought Crime! College President Begs For Forgiveness After Saying ‘All Lives Matter’
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – The Glittering Eye –We Never Had It So Good
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Kurt Schlichter – 2014: The Year The Liberal Lies Died submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – Allen West – Quite possibly the most racist article you will ever read submitted by The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Kenneth Timmermann/FrontPageMag – Obama’s White Whale submitted by The Noisy Room
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Breach Bang Clear – Ferguson, Idiot Cops, and Experts Who Know Nothing At All submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fourth place with 2/3 vote – Bill Flax/Forbes – Obama, Hitler, And Exploding The Biggest Lie In History submitted by The Right Planet
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – The Passing Parade – The Benchley Memorandum, not by Robert Ludlum submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – FrontPage Mag – Front Page’s 2014 Person of the year: The American Police Officer submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Ishaan Tharoor/WAPO Blogs – 7 Awful Unreported Conflicts submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Sharyl Attkisson – Belatedly Released and Revealing Fast & Furious Docs submitted by Nice Deb
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – TechCrunch – On Immigration, Engineers Simply Don’t Trust VCs submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Rabbi Uri Pilichowski/Times Of Israel – The terror attack that didn’t make the news submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote – American Thinker – American Thinker – American Achiever of 2014: Sarah Palin submitted by Ask Marion
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the week’s nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere and you won’t want to miss it… or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that, y’know?