UnsavoryAgents – American Pinata
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up.
Agitators are a set of interfering, meddling people, who come down to some perfectly contented class of the community and sow the seeds of discontent amongst them. – Oscar Wilde
Rioting and looting are the tools of those without a voice… There is no revolution without violence. – Agitator at the Ferguson riots, as quoted by Reuters.
“You are hard at work madam,” said the man near her.
“Yes,” Answered Madam Defarge; “I have a good deal to do.”
“What do you make, Madam?”
“For instance —”
“For instance,” returned Madam Defarge, composedly,
The man moved a little further away, as soon as he could, feeling it mightily close and oppressive. – Charles Dickens in his novel about the French Revolution, A Tale Of Two Cities.
We’re liberators, not looters. – Al Sharpton
This week’s winning essay, The Noisy Room’s The Movers and Shakers Behind the Ferguson Riots, explores the Ferguson protests and riots and is pretty much about what the title implies it is, a well written in-depth examination about a subject not much covered in the media… the plethora of very well organized groups who organized it and orchestrated it. Here’s a slice:
The Ferguson riots are not what they seem and those behind them are professionals. One of the top organizers of the protesters for the Ferguson riots is Lisa Fithian, someone who was intimately involved in the Occupy Wall Street movement. She has been deemed “Professor Occupy.” In 2005 and 2008, Lisa Fithian, Root Activist Network of Trainers, (2005), Alliance for Community Trainers Inc. (2008), was voted onto the Steering Committee for United for Peace and Justice. United for Peace and Justice is a partner organization of the George Soros linked Institute for Policy Studies. Several Marxist organizations are involved in the UFPJ leadership, but the most influential has been the Communist Party USA.
Lisa Fithian joined the labor movement through the AFL-CIO Organizing Institute in 1993. She is considered a legendary organizer. She also served as a human shield in actions conducted by the International Solidarity Movement in the Palestinian cities of Jenin and Nablus and has accused Israel of “slaughter[ing] Palestinians every single day in Gaza and the Occupied territories.” These are just a few of her credits.
Fithian is known for her statement: “create crisis, because crisis is that edge where change is possible.” Sound familiar? It should, it is straight out of Holder’s and Obama’s playbook, as well as Marxism in general. Fithian was a lead organizer in the infamous 1999 Seattle riots against the World Trade Organization that devolved into violence. She is known for teaching violent tactics as well as community organizing. She specializes in aggressive “direct action” tactics. Fithian previously provided training and support for the controversial ACORN group, National People’s Action, the new version of the Students for a Democratic Society and other radical organizations. She trained somewhere around 600 protesters for Ferguson.
The following video shows anti-capitalist radical Lisa Fithian training Chicago union teachers on how to stage their arrests for the camera in 2011:
Fithian is far from alone in her Revolution organizing. She is joined by the likes of Code Pink, RevCom, the New Black Panthers, Socialist Party USA, etc. The ACLU has been in the mix from the beginning as well, along with SEIU. The UN also became involved, along with national LGBT organizations, climate environmentalists, amnesty groups, pro-Palestinian organizations, Christian social justice groups and Planned Parenthood.
LGBT organizations represented include the Human Rights Campaign, Lambda Legal, National Black Justice Coalition, National Center for Lesbian Rights, National Center for Transgender Equality, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Action Fund, National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance, National Center for Lesbian Rights Action Fund and PFLAG National.
Amnesty International sent a “13-person human rights delegation” to the town to “examine” potential human rights abuses, in what they refer to as an “unprecedented” move by deploying in the United States. Many other groups joined in, such as Tauheed Youth Development Life, the Organization for Black Struggle (OBS), the Moorish Science Temple, the Coalition Against Police Crimes and Repression and the Universal African Peoples Organization (UAPO). No radical party would ever be complete without the Socialist Workers Party as well.
More at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Andrew McCarthy at the NRO with What’s Really Going on with Holder’s Civil-Rights Crusade against Police Departments, submitted by Nice Deb. McCarthy has an excellent take here on what’s behind the sudden seemingly endless assault on the nation’s police departments by our Attorney General and the DOJ.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 3 votes! – The Noisy Room – The Movers and Shakers Behind the Ferguson Riots
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes – Bookworm Room – The so-called “campus rape epidemic” reveals that our best and brightest are dumb and immoral
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit – The Real Torture Is The Lies, Selective Amnesia And Scramble For Political Cover
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 votes – Rhymes With Right – An Updated Apology That Is Deemed More Correct And Sensitive – But That Also Obscures The Truth
- Fifth place with 1 vote – The Razor – Rolling Stone Rape Fiction An Affront to Rape Victims
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Nice Deb – Video: Obama’s Mortifying BET Interview
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Right Planet – Article V Convention — Careful What You Wish For
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – The Courts Side With the Removal of the 9/11 Video From Hanover Schools
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Not So Smart Power
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Independent Sentinel – Obama tells Ferguson extremists “think big’ and “go gradual
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Andrew McCarthy/NRO –What’s Really Going on with Holder’s Civil-Rights Crusade against Police Departments submitted by Nice Deb
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Jonah Goldberg/NRO – The UVa Rape Gang That Wasn’t submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place with 2 votes – Jose A. Rodriguez Jr./WAPO – Today’s CIA critics once urged the agency to do anything to fight al-Qaeda submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Elliot Abrams/CFR/Pressure Points – Business As Usual With UNRWA submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Other McCain – The Rape of Credibility: Feminism’s Agenda and the Jackie Coakley Scandal submitted by The Watcher
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Michael Totten – The Last Days of the Communist Party? submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Lori Lewinthal Marcus/The Jewish Press – AP Disses ‘Whistleblower’ But a New Whistle Blows submitted by Simply Jews
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – JustOneMinute – “If You Were An Early Reader Of the WaPo UVA Rape Expose…” submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Sipsey Street Irregulars – Where To Draw The Line? submitted by The Right Planet
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Reason.Com – Eric Garner’s Death Shows How Stupid Laws Help Get People Killed submitted by The Razor
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the week’s nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere and you won’t want to miss it… or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that, y’know?