In a speech delivered last Saturday to a members conference of the Communist Party USA, Sam Webb, the party’s Chairman, acknowledged that “it is easy to become frustrated with the pace and scale of change in recent years,” but laid out an approach he believes has the “potential to shape a bright future for the majority of Americans.”
Webb noted that the election of President Barack Obama in 2008, which gave people the hope that things would change for the better, but has left them with that hope not fully realized. This, he said, should not take away from some of the “positive changes” that have happened over the past five years including stimulus measures that “put a tourniquet on a hemorrhaging economy, the winding down of two wars, and the expansion of health care to millions formerly uncovered.”
Webb went on to explain how, in the loosely organized movement of the present are early signs of an emerging political force that could “well pack the wallop to give the country a new burst of freedom, economic security and peace.”
“Hasn’t the thinking of substantial sections of the people changed in a democratic, progressive and radical direction?” he asked. “In public opinion polls capitalism’s star is sinking downward, while socialism’s star is on the rise.”
Webb then pointed to transformation taking place in the labor movement, environmentalists and unions working together, people entering the electoral arena en masse to elect an African American president twice and “victories against racism, sexism and homophobia to make his case about the potential for fightback.”
He said that going forward, what is needed is the building of a movement with “transformative power.”
“The task of a movement with transformative aspirations now is to be up to its ears in the struggle for jobs, a higher minimum wage, immigration reform, gun control, preservation of earned benefits programs, sequester reversal, a federal budget that favors peoples needs, cutting the military budget and many more issues at the state and local level.”
There you have the guts of the communist/”progressive” agenda.
- Massive public spending. Make work jobs programs that will be run by the communists, just as the Works Progress Administration was in the 1930s.
- Higher minimum wage to put more young people, Blacks and Latinos out of work – so they can be more easily radicalized and soaked up by communist controlled “work” programs.
- More welfare spending to keep people dependent on the state, coupled with high public spending and taxes to destroy private sector employment.
- “Immigration reform” – amnesty and citizenship for illegals, so that the Democrats have several million more votes, enough to keep the Republicans permanently out of power.
- Gun control, so that no one may defy the state.
- And the real target numero uno, “cutting the military budget,” so that in the long-term America will be vulnerable to attack, by the combined might of the communist’s allies Russia, China, Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, Iran and radical Islam. If this is allowed to continue, America will have a stark choice: fight a massive war it cannot hope to win or become the milk cow and policeman for a United Nations world superstate.
All of this will become Democrat policy, because the communists and “progressives” control the labor unions and the labor unions dictate Democrat policy.
Having a Communist Party “friend” for President, is also pretty helpful to the “cause.”
Webb went on to emphasize, that the same importance should be assigned to going after Republicans in next year’s elections. “Defeating the right wing extremists in Congress is the key link in moving the whole chain of struggle forward.”
“None of this, of course will be easy,” said Webb. “But that can’t be a reason not to show up for the battle.”
There you go America, the communists have laid out the battlefield. You know who you are fighting and where the key battles lie.
Will you turn up to fight for your country? Or will you let the communists turn it into their country?