Quote of the night: “In the spirit of Sesame Street, the president’s remarks tonight are brought to you by the letter ‘O’ and the number 16 trillion.”
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you our next President and his beautiful wife, Mitt and Ann Romney.
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up.
Even taking into consideration the normal high level of quality in both the Council and Non-Council entries, this was a tough call with some exceptional pieces to choose from and the close vote tallies reflect that, believe me!
An old saying… the coverup’s worse than the crime.
This week’s winner, The Independent Sentinel’s False Benghazi Narrative Exposed, Bizarre Finger Pointing, a Leaderless White House, is an excellent look at the Benghazi debacle and the White House attempt at a politically motivated coverup. Here’s a slice:
the wheel spins if you give it time
Did you really ever believe the movie trailer led to the Benghazi attacks? I googled anti-Mohammad videos on YouTube to see if the trailer was unique. It was not. I found hundreds of anti-Mohammad videos within minutes and I didn’t try very hard. So, why this video? There is no reason. It could have been any video. It wasn’t about the video.
Using the trailer as an excuse works for terrorists who want to keep President Obama in office but still launch an attack. The attackers at several of the embassies, including the one in Cairo, chanted, “Obama, Obama, we are all Osama,” giving a clear indication of who they were really angry with.
Did spiking the football at the DNC Convention have NOTHING to do with the attacks? The death of Osama bin Laden was glorified 21 times during the convention.
Benghazi was particularly horrific and we lost four lives:
- Benghazi was different from the other attacks in that there was absolutely no evidence of a protest.
- There were at least 48 attacks in Benghazi prior to the attack in which our four Americans died and a total of more than 230 attacks in Libya overall.
- Libyan employees quit their jobs at the consulate in the months before the attack and told the Ambassador and other U.S. officials that a big attack was coming.
- Within days of the attack, the Libyan guards said an attack was coming.
- The Ambassador feared for his life and put it in a journal that had to be found by a CNN reporter because the FBI wasn’t at the consulate until October 3rd.
- Charlene Lamb of the State Department testified under oath that she had real time communication with the consulate during their five hours of hell.
- It was 9/11.
- Lt. Col. Andrew Wood and Eric Nordstrom, security officials, pleaded for more security and were given less security.
- After Benghazi, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama went on a blame the trailer tour and the director of the trailer, Nakoula Basseley Nikoula, has been jailed without remand on an old probation beef. Clinton and Obama even appeared in apology ads that played in Pakistan and which led to the government giving Pakistanis the day off to riot against the U.S.
- Because of the lack of adequate security and an inadequate facility, high level intelligence documents went missing along with weapons and equipment belonging to the Brits.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Lara Logan with ‘We’re Being Lied to’ submitted by Joshuapundit. It’s a video of a speech the veteran foreign correspondent gave to an organization of journalists, politicians and influential academics as the Keynote speaker for the Foundation of Good Government in Chicago in which she details what’s really going on in AfPak and the Middle East, how the American people are being lied to by Washington and how it’s a threat to our way of life. Highly recommended, it’s twenty minutes that could change your perspective.
I’d also like to especially direct your attention to The Mellow Jihadi’s piece this week, Major Andrew Olmsted: Blogger, American Hero. To those of us whom remember Major Olmstead’s time on the Watcher’s Council, being deprived of his friendship, his warmth and his rare sense of humor, is a loss we feel to this day. I’ll never forget his wisecrack upon being deployed; “Hey, Iraq must be in worse shape than I thought if they’re sending me!”
Major Andrew Olmsted
RIP Major Olmstead… and rest assured you are not forgotten by those whom had the privilege of knowing you for an all too brief time.
Okay, here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes! – The Independent Sentinel – False Benghazi Narrative Exposed, Bizarre Finger Pointing, a Leaderless White House
- Second place with 3 votes – Joshuapundit – What The Reaction To The VP Debate Proves About The Left
- Third place with 2 1/3 votes – The Mellow Jihadi – Major Andrew Olmsted: Blogger, American Hero
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Razor – You Can’t End Racism by Being Racist
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 vote – The Noisy Room – Cyber Smoke Screen
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Right Planet – Fed Up with ‘Middle Class’
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Gay Patriot – No, Mrs. Clinton didn’t fall on her sword over Benghazi
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Bookworm Room – Found it on Facebook — Planned Parenthood’s attack on Paul Ryan
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – Voters Find ‘Mitt the Monster’ a Complete Fabrication by the Left
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Simply Jews – Gideon Levy and the ugly act of not-rape
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – Why Unemployment Stays High, Simply Explained
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Lara Logan – We’re Being Lied to’ submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Gates of Vienna – Faceless In The Park submitted by The Watcher
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Dennis Prager – Joe Biden’s True Religion submitted by The Watcher
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – Sultan Knish – The Odd Couple of Barack and Joe submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Yid With Lid – Newsbusted: Pennsylvania Dems Holding Voter Registration Drives at Cemeteries submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Allen West – Field Of Dreams submitted by The Right Planet
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Commentator – The banal realities of Israel’s self-defence submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Amil Imani – Criminalizing The Defamation of Islam submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – LSE – Germany and Israel: Is It Friendship? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Joshua Gans/Digitopoly – A Nobel Prize for Market Design submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Big Lizards – Obama’s October (yawn) Surprise? submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Huffington Post – Black People For Obama: African-American Support For Obama Called Prejudice, Blind Loyalty submitted by The Razor
- Sixth place with 1/3 vote – Camile Paglia/WSJ – How Capitalism Can Save Art submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day and weigh in… don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!