Hanukkah, the Festival of Lights, freedom and victory is upon us again. Those who wish to find out a little more about what this holiday is about can visit here. A hearty Hag Hanukkah Sameach to those of you whom celebrate!
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is humbly dedicated to those Americans spending the holidays serving overseas far from home.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section, no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Rick Perry’s proposed constitutional amendments — the good and the not-so-good
- The Political Commentator – Why was this man in Vienna for the OPEC meeting?
- The Noisy Room – Syria – The Tipping Point Into Hell
- Simply Jews – Hamas senior got lost in the tunnels
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Ardennes Day
- Joshuapundit – An Open Letter To Rabbi Abe Foxman And The ADL
- Right Truth – Newt Romney vs Mitt Gingrich
- The Razor – Calling Out Attorney General Eric Holder
- Bookworm Room – Facts are stubborn things… but Leftist ideologues are even more stubborn
- The Right Planet – Bullies
- The Mellow Jihadi – President Obama Faces Possible Challenge from a Democrat?
- VA Right – The State of America Upon Leaving Iraq
- Rhymes With Right – A Segregationist Dog-Whistle In The Gingrich White Paper On The Judiciary
- The Glittering Eye – Some Products Are Too Bad to Stamp Out
- New Zeal – Arlington Texas Tea Party to Launch Online Newspaper
- Ask Marion – Big Brother Alert: Your face and Movements are Being Tracked
- Maggie’s Notebook – Ron Paul Panic Setting In? Gingrich Defies Gravity?
- The Independent Sentinel – Saying Merry Christmas Is Worse Than Killing Someone
- Capitalist Preservation – Ron Paul says accused traitor Bradley Manning is a hero
- Buckhorn Road – Bill of Rights eviscerated on their anniversary submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- The Brussels Journal – A Brief History of Liberty for the OWS Crowd submitted by The Political Commentator
- Michelle Malkin – Nancy Pelosi, Down and Dirty submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Contentious Centrist – Tango Hanukka submitted by Simply Jews
- The Last Stand – Ya Know… submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Caroline Glick – Tom Friedman’s Losing Battle submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sultan Knish – Mr. Islam’s Blindfold and Machete submitted by Right Truth
- Powerline – The Last Refuge of a Scoundrel submitted by The Razor
- Danny Ayalon – The truth about the refugees: Israel Palestinian Conflict submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Daily Bell – Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America submitted by The Right Planet
- Doug Ross – New EPA rule will cost each taxpaying American $280 submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Creeping Sharia – Washington parents say no to terror-linked CAIR’s school lesson plans submitted by VA Right
- Urban Grounds – Heartbreaking Story (and pictures): Can You Help an Abused and Neglected Great Dane at PAWS of Austin? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Joy McCain/The Conservatory – R.I.P Christopher Hitchens submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Iowahawk – Is This Hell, Or Is It Iowa? submitted by The Watcher
- Jon Hall/American Thinker – Voter Fraud for the Complete Idiot submitted by The Watcher