The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and we have the results for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up.
There is no traitor like him whose domestic treason plants the poniard within the breast which trusted to his truth. – Lord Byron
The first method for determining the intelligence of a ruler is to is to look at the men he has around him – Niccolo Machiavelli
This week’s winner by a nose, Joshuapundit’s President Obama Sends Support Message To Radical Muslim Brotherhood Front Group, is a report on a very interesting official White House video message sent by our president to an even more interesting organization, whose history I detail. I also ask a question I have heard no mainstream journalist ask, but which I think America deserves an answer to… because it seems to shed light on much of President Obama’s foreign and domestic policy.
No slice this week, since it’s short and sweet… go to the link, watch the message, read what I have to say and draw your own conclusions.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Professor Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit fame, writing in USA Today with Obama is a Laughing Stock, submitted by Joshuapundit. It’s about Syria and a masterful beat down of the president’s dangerously farcical performance. Do read it.
For those of our readers whom observe Yom Kippor, G’mar Hativa Tovah.
Okay, here are this week’s full results. Only VA Right! was unable to vote this week, but was not subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Joshuapundit – President Obama Sends Support Message To Radical Muslim Brotherhood Front Group
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – The Right Planet – The Rush to War — Examining the Evidence
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Simply Jews – Alireza Forghani: Obama’s daughter will be kidnapped and raped if America attacks Syria
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Obama’s escalation of ‘tail wagging the dog’ scandal smokescreens!
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Pacific Carrier Race
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – Nice Deb – Obama’s Smoking Gun Proof That Assad Was Behind Chemical Weapons Attack Was Doctored?
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – The Noisy Room – Never Let A War Go To Waste…
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Bookworm Room – How public schools’ war on boys has led to an increase in gun crimes
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – Is It To Be Isolationists vs. Militarists?
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Razor – Stupid Things
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – Interesting Legal News — Convicted Bomber, Drug Smuggler And Perjurer Sues Bloggers
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Liberty’s Spirit – Liberty’s Spirit: Protesting Minimum Wage-The Beginning of Class Warfare
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes! – Glenn Reynolds – Obama is a Laughing Stock submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Conrad Black/New York Sun – Collapse of American Influence Recalls Disintegration of Soviet Union, Fall of France submitted by The Right Planet
- Third place with 1 2/3 vote Richard Fernandez/ PJ Media – Being Your Own Man submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Pete Wehner/Commentary – In Stockholm, Obama Loses Touch with Reality submitted by Nice Deb
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Barry Rubin – Obama’s Seven New Pillars of Middle East Wisdom (Part Two) submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place with 1 vote – PJ LifeStyle – Rise of the Thought Police: Bullying Your Children Into Forsaking Their Values submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Ann Barnhardt – On Poland and Detroit. Not For the Faint of Heart submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Bret Stephens/WSJ – The Bed Barack and Kerry Made submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Daniel W. Drezner/Foreign Policy – Why the U.S. should treat the proposed Syria deal as a gift from the gods submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Ethics Alarm – Ethics Quiz: Playing Follow The Leader submitted by The Political Commentator
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – War On The Rocks – The Limits Of Security Cooperation submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Chateau Heartiste – The Nuts and Bolts of Cathedral Indoctrination submitted by The Razor
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited special guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day with short takes and weigh in… don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!