My previous post made the case that “9/11 was an inside job” conspiracy theories are a Russian inspired disinformation stratagem designed to divide, discredit and weaken the U.S. conservative and libertarian movements.
Jones was one of 100 “prominent Americans” who signed an October 26 2004, statement circulated by 911Truth.org calling on the U.S. Government to investigate 9/11 as a possible “inside job”.
While some conservatives and libertarians endorsed the call, a significant proportion were overt or covert leftists
Van Jones’ Bay Area Marxist-Leninist outfit STORM had ties to Cuba. Jones personally also had close ties to the pro-Cuban, pro Vietnamese Communist Party USA splinter Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism.
Several signatories were associated with Democratic Socialists of America, a so called “social democratic” organization, which operates within all levels of the Democratic Party. Barack Obama himself has a thirty year history with D.S.A.
In reality D.S.A. is a crypto Marxist group which works closely with the Communist Party USA, Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism, Freedom Road Socialist Organization etc. One former leader of D.S.A. Kurt Stand, is currently serving a long prison sentence for spying for East Germany and the former Soviet Union.
D.S.A. is also closely connected to the far left Washington DC based Institute for Policy Studies – once described as the “perfect intellectual front for Soviet activities which would be resisted if they were to originate openly from the KGB.”
Many of the signatories of the October 26 2004 statement were also affiliated with I.P.S. and other leftist organizations.
- Ed Asner, actor, activist and long time Democratic Socialists of America member , former Communist Party USA front affiliate, and an advisory board member of the Rosenberg Fund for Children, which is run by the sons of executed Soviet “Atom bomb spies” Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.
- Medea Benjamin, activist, author, co-founder, Global Exchange and Code Pink – which is a partner organization of the Institute for Policy Studies. Benjamin also has been closely involved with the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism and is on good terms with Venezuela’s Marxist leader Hugo Chavez.
- Dennis Bernstein, investigative reporter, radio host of far left West Coast radio station KPFA
- Gray Brechin, Ph.D., author, environmental historian, professor, UC Berkeley. An affiliate of the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism run Center for Political Education
- David Cobb, attorney, national presidential candidate, Green Party USA
- Kevin Danaher, Ph.D., author, speaker, co-founder, Global Exchange . Husband of Medea Benjamin and a long time Institute for Policy Studies affiliate
- Daniel Ellsberg, author, Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers. A supporter of Democratic Socialists of America causes and of Progressives for Obama
- Jodie Evans, president, CODEPINK. On good terms with Venezuela’s Marxist leader Hugo Chavez. Serves on the Board of I.P.S/D.S.A. front Progressive Democrats of America
- Richard Falk, Professor Emeritus of International Law, Princeton University. Socialist Scholars Conference veteran and long time Institute for Policy Studies affiliate.
- Michael Franti, musician, filmmaker, human rights worker. Extreme leftist
- Bruce Gagnon, Chair, of the thoroughly communist infiltrated Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space. A Communist Party USA affiliate
- Stan Goff, 25-year Army Special Ops veteran, author, Full Spectrum Disorder. Former member of both the Communist Party USA and the Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- Thom Hartmann, radio host; author, Unequal Protection. Serves on the Board of I.P.S/D.S.A. front Progressive Democrats of America
- Richie Havens, singer, songwriter, performer, artist . Leftist and Advisory Board member of the Rosenberg Fund for Children
- Randy Hayes, founder, Rainforest Action Network.
- Georgia Kelly, executive director, Praxis Peace Institute. Progressives for Obama supporter
- Mimi Kennedy, actress, Dharma and Greg, “progressive” activist. Chairman of the Board of I.P.S/D.S.A. front Progressive Democrats of America
- David Korten, author, “When Corporations Rule the World”. Long time Institute for Policy Studies affiliate.
- Frances Moore Lappe, author, “Diet for a Small Planet”; founder, Small Planet Institute. Long time Democratic Socialists of America member
- Rabbi Michael Lerner, editor, TIKKUN Magazine, author, “Healing Israel/Palestine”. Long time Democratic Socialists of America affiliate
- Cynthia McKinney, former five-term Democratic Party Congresswoman from Georgia. Advisory Board member of the Revolutionary Communist Party front World Can’t Wait
- Mark Crispin Miller, media critic, author, professor, New York University. Democratic Socialists of America affiliate and Advisory Board member of the Revolutionary Communist Party front World Can’t Wait
- Michael Parenti, Ph.D., author, “Superpatriotism and The Terrorism Trap”. Long time Communist Party USA, Institute for Policy Studies and Niebyl-Proctor Marxist Library affiliate
- John Rensenbrink, professor emeritus, Bowdoin College, co-founder, Green Party USA
- Rosemary Ruether, professor of feminist theology, Graduate Theological Union. Democratic Socialists of America leader
- Chuck Turner, Boston City Council. Democratic Socialists of America member
- Howard Zinn, professor, historian, author, “A People’s History of the United States”. Former covert member of the Communist Party USA. Democratic Socialists of America affiliate
The U.S. Government has many faults, but blowing up buildings in the heart of its own financial center, with nuclear charges, to justify war the Middle East is not one of them.
These stories have done a lot of damage to America’s credibility abroad – especially in the “Third World”. They have also diverted attention away from America’s real enemies – Russia, China, Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, Vietnam, Lybya, Syria, Iran and radical Islam.
Why do you think that Russia and elements of the U.S. far left – many of who are in the “public information” business – have worked so hard to spread “9/11” conspiracy theories?