In , published in January, I exposed the SEIU’s agenda behind the sweet-sounding “Immigration Reform”. In June 2009, Executive Vice President of the mega-union, Eliseo Medina spoke of turning the millions of new citizens into progressive voters. A few days ago, on April 6, 2010, the KeyWiki Blog has the story on another of the SEIU’s Executive Vice Presidents, Gerry Hudson. I have crossposted this below…
(DSA) is an highly influential organization.
While only 6,000 strong, DSA has considerable strength in the labor movement, non profits, education and inside the Democratic Party. While Marxist based, DSA’s innocuous sounding name, allows the organization to operate in ways and places that their allies in the the Communist Party USA cannot.
After using its clout to push through “healthcare reform” DSA is now using its influence in the giant union SEIU, to promote “immigration reform”.
On April 6, 2010 at the McShain Lounge in McCarthy Hall Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. the DSA controlled Dissent magazine sponsored a seminar “Labor, the Left, and Progressives in the Obama Era”, summed up as follows:
After the success of health care reform, what’s next on labor’s agenda? How can the labor movement grow and engage with a progressive movement that speaks to the Obama era? What is the role of younger workers, workers of color, and women? Is there a new “New Deal” on the horizon?
- Barbara Ehrenreich, a writer/activist and formr DSA co-chair.
- Christopher Hayes, Washington editor of the the DSA infiltrated Nation magazine and former writer for the DSA dominated In These Times.
- Gerry Hudson, executive vice-president of the SEIU. A long time DSA member.
- Michael Kazin, co-editor of Dissent magazine and co-author of a history of American communism with DSA member Maurice Isserman. Kazin traveled to Cuba in 1970 to cut cane for Castro, with the infamous Venceremos Brigade.
- Harold Meyerson, columnist for the Washington Post. A DSA vice chair.
- Liz Shuler, secretary-treasurer of the AFL-CIO
The seminar worked on ways to sell “immigration reform” to workers – a tough job, especially in a time of high unemployment.
SEIU leader and veteran of the Communist-led Black Radical Congress, Gerry Hudson, promoted the idea of manipulating anti-Latino immigrant black workers. This would be achieved by exploiting and stoking their fear of white “f**king rabidly racists”. To Hudson it seems to be a legitimate tactic to promote anti white feeling among blacks, in order to get them to support immigrant Latinos.
Hudson cynically wants to ally black workers with Latinos against these white “f**king rabidly racist” workers.
But why, in a time of high unemployment, do DSA labor unionists want to legalize illegal immigrants and open US borders to still more low skilled labor competition? How is that in their members interest?
The answer is simple. The members’ interests don’t matter… (Continue Reading)