Watcher’s Council Nominations – Kaddish Edition
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This weeks’ Council nominations page is dedicated to Eyal Yifrach, Gilad Shaar and Naftali Frenkel, (HY”D).
ברוך אתה הו אדוננו אלוהים, השופט האמיתי
This week, Right Reason, Seraphic Secret, The Pirate’s Cove and TinaTrent.com earned honorable mention status with some great articles. In fact, the honorable mentions are especially good this week and will definitely reward your attention.
Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Independent Sentinel – Watch Out Fishermen, Obama Is Planning a Seafood Fraud Crisis
- The Noisy Room – Doubling Down On Operation Choke Point
- Rhymes With Right – Does Barack Obama Understand The Constitution?
- Simply Jews – Presbyterian divestment from Israel: The Dying Swan dance or a marketing gimmick?
- The Razor – SCOTUS Hobby Lobby Decision Proves Flaw of Employer Based Health Insurance
- VA Right! – An Analysis of the US Senate Races – Who Will Win Control in November?
- The Right Planet – Gut Check Iraq
- The Colossus of Rhodey – “Good thing he ain’t in government anymore”
- Joshuapundit – Three Funerals… And The End of The Beginning
- The Glittering Eye – What Do You Want Judges To Do?
- Nice Deb – Obama In MN: Pay No Attention To Those ‘Phony Scandals’ – They’re ‘Not On The Level’
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Coming Iran-Saudi War
- Ask Marion – Obama Racks Up a String of Judicial Losses at Supreme Court
- Bookworm Room – John Oliver manages to pack all the Left’s stupid Hobby Lobby arguments into one “comedy” shtick
- Right Reason – #King Coyote
- Seraphic Secret – Our Boys, the NY Times, Jodi Rudoren, PalNazis, and William Tecumseh Sherman
- The Pirate’s Cove – Are Corporations People?
- Tina Trent.com – Hillary Clinton and Thomas Alfred Taylor’s Underpants: It Takes a Village to Rape a Child
- Sultan Knish – Our Consensus Rulers submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Mark Steyn – The Morning After submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Federalist – Do Your Politics Require You To Oppose Bill Of Rights? That’s Not Good submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Isi Leibler – The Klinghoffer Opera and the American Jewish Establishment submitted by Simply Jews
- The American Interest/Bilahari Kausikan – A Nuclear Weapon Free World and Other Delusions submitted by The Razor
- The Daily Caller – Lois Lerner and Fellow IRS Official Announced Targeting At 2010 Conference The Same Month Their Emails Went Missing submitted by VA Right!
- Commentary – Mr. Piketty’s Big Book of Marxiness submitted by The Right Planet
- Douglas Ernst – Marvel’s Dan Slott stretches his bigotry muscles, tells Christians to build companies in ‘Christ-land’ submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Matt Walsh – Isn’t it mean and hateful to deport illegal immigrants? submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Borowitz Report – Moderate Syrian Rebel Application Form submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Charles C. Johnson/Got News – Cochran Campaign Manager, Staffer Busted in Illegal Vote Buying Operation submitted by Nice Deb
- John Podhoret/Commentary – The Secret of ‘Asymmetrical Warfare’ — There Are Two Actors… submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Washington Free Beacon – The Hillary Tapes: Part Two submitted by Ask Marion
- Prager University/George Gilder – Do you pass the Israel test? submitted by Bookworm Room
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – The Case for a Boring Man submitted by The Watcher
- Noah Pollock – Bias Against Israel submitted by The Watcher