Watcher’s Council Nominations – Happy Birthday, Mr. President Edition
This Sunday was President Obama’s 52nd birthday (I believe) and it’s only fitting that we recognize the occasion here at the Watcher’s Council.
It’s become quite obvious over the last 5 years that our president has a leadership style unique in our history, one that involves a high level of personal responsibility:
His hard work on our behalf is legendary:
So is his cool. I mean, who else would have the elan to announce a major al-Qaeda threat this weekend, then take off to go golfing and leave it to his team to handle, knowing the country was in good hands!
His entire administration has been characterized by a transparency unique in American history, just like he promised us:
Yes, this is one special president and the American people are not worthy of his leadership. Happy birthday, sir!
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – Waking Up To War
- The Political Commentator – Scandal Obama-style: A cross between the ‘Rope-a-Dope’ and the ‘Four Corners Stall Offense’!
- Liberty’s Spirit – The Israeli-Palestinian Peace Push Ignores Reality
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Orson Scott Card vs. Roman Polanski
- Simply Jews – Nothing as open as Open Zion or Ali Gharib for Hassan Rouhani
- Joshuapundit – Ropes Of Sand – Why The Latest Round Of MidEast ‘Peace Talks’ Will End In Failure
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – On The Run
- The Razor – What a Survey of 1,400 Sued Doctors Can Tell Us About Health Care Reform
- The Mellow Jihadi – Two Lists: Chiefs and Lieutenant Commanders
- VA Right! – Washington Post Sold to Libertarian. Will it Make a Difference?
- Bookworm Room – Government of the people, by the people, and for the people has perished in America
- The Glittering Eye – Will a Return to Yesterday’s Labor Policies Bring a Return of Yesterday’s Wages?
- Rhymes With Right – How Long Until This Sort Of Gay Marriage Litigation Comes To America?
- The Right Planet – Smashing The Establishment Meme
- Nice Deb – Extortion 17: Navy SEALs Dad Hammers Regime: THEY SET UP MY SON TO BE EXECUTED (Audio)
- Gates Of Vienna – How Muslims Did Not Invent Algebra
- Wolf Howling – This Is No Way To Run Intelligence
- Ask Marion – Now Is The Time…
- Caroline Glick – Bibi and the true believers submitted by The Noisy Room
- City Journal – The Indebted States Of America submitted by The Political Commentator
- Michael Gurfinkiel/Mosaic Magazine – You Only Live Twice. Is there a future for Jewish communities in Europe? submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- The Chronicle of Higher Education – When Hollywood Held Hands With Hitler submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- CIF Watch – CiF asks Palestinian supporter of ‘armed resistance’ her views on the peace process submitted by Simply Jews
- Villainous Company – Racism, Conversations, and the Sound of One Hand Clapping submitted by Joshuapundit
- War Is Boring – The Navy’s New Stealth Battleships submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Reihan Salam/NRO – Is GOP Opposition to the ACA a Campaign of Self-Sacrifice? submitted by The Razor
- Amil Imani – The Challenge of Racism submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Doug Ross@Journal – BOMBSHELL REPORT: Valerie Jarrett Gave the Orders on 9/11/2012 and Blocked Rescue in Benghazi submitted by VA Right!
- Elbert Guillory – Elbert Guillory Announces the Free at Last PAC submitted by Bookworm Room
- Abu Muqawama – Banquo in Bandit Country submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Alan Colmes/Liberaland – How Liberals Have It Wrong About Rush And Sean submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Lame Cherry – Is Obama Sunni or Shia Muslim? submitted by The Right Planet
- White House Dossier – Obama is at Two Dozen Scandals and Counting submitted by Nice Deb
- Seraphic Secret – The New-Old Jew-Haters of the European Union submitted by The Watcher
- Victor Davis Hanson – Obama’s Watergates submitted by The Watcher