Donald Trump’s amazing evolving positions on Amnesty are reminiscent of his amazing evolving positions on abortion, single payer health-care, the role of the government, federal land, and many other issues. While Trump uses the “Wall” as his “go-to applause line for sleepy crowds,” how does Trump really feel about Amnesty?
- 1991: “Trump…overlooked the use of the undocumented workers, who put in 12-hour days, 7 days a week and in some cases even slept at the site.”
- 2011: On O’Reilly, Trump said “you’re going to have to look at the individual people…” before making a decision. Here is the exchange:
TRUMP: I think right now you’re going to have to do something and, you know, it’s hard to generalize. But you’re going to have to look at the individual people. See how they’ve done. See how productive they have been. See what their references are and then make a decision.
O’REILLY: And then make a decision. All right, on case by case. It’s going to take a long time and a lot of people.
TRUMP: A long time, but, you know, you have some great productive people that came in.
- 2011: On Larry King, Trump said, “…And in many cases they’re great workers. The biggest problem is that you have some great, wonderful people coming in from Mexico, that are working the crops, they’re working, cutting lawns…They’re doing a lot of jobs that I’m not sure that a lot of Americans are going to take those jobs. And that’s the dichotomy, that’s the big problem. Because you have a lot of great people coming in doing a lot of work and I’m not so sure that a lot of other people are going to be doing that work. So it is a very tough problem.” Watch:
- 2012: In the wake of the Obama administration announcement that it would accept requests for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) for so-called “DREAMers,” Donald Trump tells Fox & Friends that “something had to be done.” Trump continued:
“For people that have been here for years, that have been hard workers, have good jobs, are supporting a family, it’s very, very tough to say ‘by the way, you know 22 years, you have to leave. Get out.’ So, a solution has to be come up with. It is a very, very difficult situation…how do you throw somebody out who has lived in this country for 20 for years?”
My @foxandfriends interview discussing @BarackObama‘s immigration policy, @VPBiden‘s China comments and 2012 election http://t.co/GU6tJzRC
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 18, 2012
- 2013: Donald Trump met with DREAMers. He told them, “You’ve convinced me.”
- 2013: Donald Trump tweets that “Amnesty should be done only if the border is secure and illegal immigration has stopped”:
Congress must protect our borders first. Amnesty should be done only if the border is secure and illegal immigration has stopped.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 29, 2013
- 2016: “…Donald Trump hires foreign workers for his club in Palm Beach and turns away nearly all American applicants for the same jobs. In this video, he tries to explain why — it’s because Americans just won’t do those jobs.” Watch:
- 2013 Flashback: Donald Trump meets with illegal immigration activists, says ‘You’ve convinced me’
- WATCH: Trump tells YUGE lie about position on federal land (video)
- 2015 FLASHBACK: Donald J. Trump says doctors make too much money (video)
- Does Donald Trump believe in limited government?
- 2012 FLASHBACK: Trump slams Santorum ‘these lost delegates show that he is badly organized and not a good manager’
- Photograph their families! Trump ally Gary Forbes plans to brutalize delegates, GOP leadership
- Oops: Donald Trump mistakenly touts poll showing that Cruz is gaining on him
- SICK: Trump tells supporters to attend ‘big protest march’ against Colorado GOP
- Donald Trump’s HUGE admiration for Globalists
- NOT SATIRE: Trump’s INSANE response to Ted Cruz’s win in Wisconsin
- Donald Trump’s vile response to fake #CruzSexScandal smear piece; Michael Savage responds
- WATCH: Trump’s donations to left-wing politicians (video)
- Donald Trump IS the establishment
- WATCH: How many more red flags do you Trumpsters need? (video)
- Report: Trump ‘openly praising’ Harry Reid on campaign trail
2 thoughts on “WATCH: Donald Trump’s evolving position on Amnesty (video)”