Poster: Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn as Boris and Natasha
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up.
“This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
“In keeping people straight, principle is not as powerful as a policeman.” – Abel Hermant, Le Bourgeois, 1906
“Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn’t matter which color does the hating. It’s just plain wrong.” – Muhammad Ali
This week’s winner, The Right Planet’s #Ferguson: Facts Don’t Matter Anymore, is an excellent rundown on the Michael Brown shooting and the subsequent riots in Ferguson, Missouri by someone fairly close to the action. Here’s a slice:
Facts and details are starting to leak out concerning the shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri—albeit slowly. But facts don’t seem to matter anymore in our idiocracy, i.e. mobocracy. If they did, I doubt Ferguson would be in flames right now. But I digress.
Earlier this week, I was listening to a caller on the Dana Loesch radio show who allegedly had spoken with the spouse of Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson—the officer who shot Michael Brown. The caller claimed Michael Brown became involved in an altercation with Officer Darren Wilson, and even tried to take his gun—which allegedly went off during the struggle. The caller also stated Brown bum-rushed the police officer.
Additionally, an audio of some alleged eyewitnesses to the lethal shooting of Michael Brown has recently come out and seems to corroborate the details provided by the caller on Dana Loesch’s radio show.
Here’s the audio from both sources (hat tip: Representative Press):
Now, an autopsy report published in the New York Times seems to corroborate the two aforementioned sources, showing Michael Brown was shot from the front, not the back, as is alleged by some who claim Officer Darren Wilson mercilessly “executed” Michael Brown simply because he was black.
The notion Michael Brown was simply an innocent 18-year-old “child” who was ruthlessly “executed” by a “trigger-happy, racist white pig” was brought into question when surveillance video appeared to show Michael Brown committing a strong-arm robbery of a convenience store, roughing up the store’s owner and brazenly walking off with approximately $50 worth of Swisher Sweets cigars in the process.
The suspect in the video shoving the store’s proprietor is wearing the exact same clothes and shoes as Michael Brown, and matches Brown’s physical description, when he was shot.
I’m sorry, for the doubters out there, if that isn’t Michael Brown, my name is Barack Obama. Michael Brown was no “child”; he was a young man who stood 6’4″ tall and weighed 292 pounds, and he apparently had an attitude to boot.
Despite these important details that are now starting to come out, the city of Ferguson, Missouri, has been plunged into utter chaos and mayhem for the past week. Last night, the situation in Ferguson escalated to a point where Missouri Governor Jay Nixon felt it necessary to call in the National Guard.
The Wall Street Journal reported:
Traffic opened again in downtown Ferguson along West Florissant Avenue, the center of an hourslong running battle between heavily armed police and hundreds of protesters Sunday evening that started at about 8:30 p.m. Police said Molotov cocktails thrown at them, as well as shootings throughout the neighborhood, forced them to respond with smoke devices and tear-gas canisters.
Before anything was really known about the circumstances surrounding the shooting of Michael Brown, a throng of “outside agitators” flocked to Ferguson to inflame an already volatile situation—namely, the main-stream media, who apparently seems hellbent on creating even more racial strife by stirring the pot and fanning the flames. This is what “social justice” looks like, and it has nothing to do with the rule of law, but it has everything to do with furthering a cynical political agenda.
Much more at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner by a nose was Kurt Schlichter with The GOP Needs to Return to a “Feared By Our Enemies” Foreign Policy, submitted by Joshuapundit. I nominated this, quite simply, because it’s one of the best short capsulizations of what I think America’s foreign policy direction ought to be that I’ve read in quite some time. Short, sweet and simply superb.
Okay, let’s get to this week’s full results:
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes! – The Right Planet – #Ferguson: Facts Don’t Matter Anymore
- Second place with 3 votes – The Noisy Room – Communists and the New Black Panthers Gin Up Violence and Racial Conflict in Ferguson
- Third place with 2 2/3 vote – Bookworm Room – Israel’s friends need to keep a very close eye on Obama in the coming days
- Fourth place with 1 vote – VA Right! – Obama, Holder, Sharpton and Jackson fan the flames in Ferguson
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Joshuapundit – Hamas Breaks Ceasefire -Missiles Fired At Tel Aviv , Aimed At Airport
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Razor – The Danger to Civil Society Posed by Militarized Police
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – Rick Perry Indicted For Vetoing Tax Dollars For Office Of Dangerous Drugged And Drunk Driving DA.
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – Andrew Sullivan / Sam Harris debate: making sense of thereof
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – The Limits of Academic Freedom
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Independent Sentinel – Obama’s plan to not assimilate new immigrants
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Nice Deb – Lt Col Ralph Peters On ISIS: ‘We’re Dealing With a Death Cult’ (Video)
- *First place with 2 votes! – Kurt Schlichter – The GOP Needs to Return to a “Feared By Our Enemies” Foreign Policy submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – The Atheist Jew – What The Hell Is Wrong With Some Of You submitted by Simply Jews
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Bryan Preston/PJ Media – Who Are ‘Texans for Public Justice,’ and Why Does Their Role in the Perry Case Matter? submitted by Nice Deb
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Mark Steyn – Cigars, But Not Close submitted by The Watcher (hat tip, Terresa at The Noisy Room)
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – Sultan Knish – How To Write About Israel submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Allen West – Coptic bishop: witnessing heinous cleansing of entire Christian population in Middle East submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Ileana Johnson/Freedom Outpost – Hamas Invested $90 Million in Tunnels to Attack Israel While Their People Live in Squalor submitted by VA Right!
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Passing Parade – Something there is about a wall, that wants it down, or not, as the case may be submitted by The Watcher (hat tip, Snoopy at Simply Jews)
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – American Spectator – The Collapse Of The Liberal World Order submitted by The Right Planet
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Victor Davis Hanson – Living Out Critical Legal Theory submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rachel Lu/The Federalist – Yes, People Believe Abortion is Murder submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – T.X. Hammes/War on the Rocks – Israel & the Demise of Mowing the Grass submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Walter Russel Mead – Ferguson: A Fire Alarm in the Night submitted by The Razor
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum as the Council and their invited guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day and weigh in… don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!