From: The Watcher’s Council
This week’s results are dedicated to Glenn Beck, Restoring Courage and Israel.
I am an Israeli!
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week, carved eternally in the akahshic records of cyberspace.
It’s been a rough week in the Middle East for Israel and this week’s winner, Right Truth‘s superb Israel In The Crosshairs, focused not only on the ongoing attacks on Israel’s people but the obscene hypocrisy in how the media is reporting it. Here’s a slice:
This headline from the Jawa Report, “Israel ‘Ignites’ Violence By Defending Itself”, seems to sum up the media’s spin on the latest attacks on Israel and Israel’s response. USA Today reports that ‘militants in the Hamas-ruled Gaza strip‘ (isn’t that redundant) bombarded southern Israel with rockets and mortars Sunday and Israel hit back with an airstrike. Actually Israel hit back more than once and rounded up 50 Hamas activists in the West Bank.
Israel blamed The Popular Resistance Committees for Thursday’s attack and killed its top commanders in an airstrike later that day, igniting cross-border exchanges after months of relative quiet under an informal cease-fire with Hamas.
“Relative quiet,” of course, meaning Israel looked the other way as Palestinian militants lobbed hundreds of rockets into Israeli territory. (Jawa Report)
Some might excuse the media reporting on Israel and blame it on lack of knowledge or lack of understanding of the situation. But the truth is their bias is purposeful and it is all about placing blame on Israel and not on those terrorists who are actually guilty.
… let me make it perfectly clear: Glenn Beck, who is holding several rallies in Israel this week, has a better grasp of Middle East politics than most Western experts, not to mention Western leaders.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Victor Davis Hanson with Obama’s Paradoxes submitted by Joshuapundit, an examination of the many contradictions between what the Obama Administration claims it wants and what it actually does. Very much worth the detour, as most of Dr. Hanson’s pieces are.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes! – Right Truth – Israel In The Crosshairs
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Simply Jews – New Russians and their old tricks
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – Bookworm Room – Bright line bureaucratic rules that make no sense
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – Joshuapundit – A Lefty’s Heart Breaks So Easily…
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – The Political Commentator – Barack Obama et al: When you get a chance, can you give these domestic and national security issues a little attention?
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – The Razor – Fighting Good For The GOP’s 2012 Prospects
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – Rhymes With Right – More On Rick Perry And Gardasil
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – VA Right! – Warren Buffett Pays More in Taxes Then He Realizes
- Fourth place with 2/3 vote – The Noisy Room – Of Secrets, Jobs and Tea
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Colossus Of Rhodey – There is such thing as a free lunch
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – Battle Of The Billionaires
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Revo Guards Rise
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – New Zeal – Rebuild the Dream: IPS Steals the Phrase ‘American Dream’
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Victor Davis Hanson – Obama’s Paradoxes submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Yid With Lid – I have Proof That God Still Performs Miracles submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 vote – Sultan Knish – Time for an American Spring submitted by The Noisy Room
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 vote – The Blaze – Did the White House ‘Cleanse’ References To Jerusalem, Israel From Its Web Site? submitted by The Political Commentator
- Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Glenn Greenwald/Salon.com – The Libya War Argument submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth Place *t* with 1 vote – Liberty’s Spirit – Sometimes Israel’s real friends also need to know when to be quiet… submitted by New Zeal
- Fourth Place *t* with 1 vote – Prairie Pundit – Journalist quakes writing about religion submitted by Snapped Shot
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Ed Driscoll/Pajamas Media – Two Men Say They’re Jesus, One of Them Must Be Wrong submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Mick Hartley – Hope In The Pipeline submitted by Simply Jews
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Foundry – DOJ’s Troubling Trend of Political Uniformity in Hiring submitted by VA Right!
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Big Government/Jeannie DeAngelis – A ‘Windshield Rancher’ and the Nouveau Riche submitted by Right Truth
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – IDF Reports – Terror Groups Operating From Sinai submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Foundry – O, Canada! The Greenies Are On the Attack! submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Peter Berkowitz/WSJ – College Rape Accusations and the Presumption of Male Guilt submitted by The Watcher