The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results 06/17/11
From: The Watcher’s Council
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week, carved eternally in the records of cyberspace.
This week’s winning piece, An American Descent Into Hell by The Noisy Room definitely sees the glass as half empty in her take on what she thinks America is on the way to becoming. Here’s a slice:
It’s hard not to see the signs all around us that America has begun a cataclysmic downward spiral in finances and morality. It’s like watching a slow motion murderous wreck, all the while denying that it is actually occurring. I assure you, what is unfolding in the US now is all too real. It’s a reality that is about to smack Americans full frontal in the face and many will never even see it coming until it is way too late.
It is hard for me to imagine how people cannot see what is happening in finances and in politics in their own country. It is in the news if you look at all… It is on the Internet for all to see… It is whispered by many all around us if you just listen.
The stock market has gone down for the last 6 weeks in a row. And if stock futures are to be believed at all, things will not be good Monday morning this next week. The last time the stock market dropped seven weeks in a row was in 2001 when the dot.com bubble burst. I have said for a long, long time that the stock market is fiction and is being manipulated. But they are running out of ways to fake recovery and growth – they can’t hide forever just how bad things are about to become. We are in free fall economically and stand to not only enter another great depression, but a great, great depression in the next twelve months. Only this time, we don’t have manufacturing or a winnable war to bring us out of it. Obama has ensured that – he has masterfully implemented Cloward and Piven at every turn and we have just sat here allowing him to do it.
China claims that we are already defaulting on our debt and we are virtually owned by them. Between borrowing everything but our soul (and that may be included as well) and letting the Chinese in to build cities along with business, we are the prize fools on the planet. Our Asian overlords will come knocking to collect and considering the regard they hold us in, I don’t think it will be what our elites would consider ‘civilized.’
And as inflation and high gas prices are just clearing their throat, we are in for one hell of a ride.
In our non-Council category, our winner was Sultan Knish’s Redistributing Freedom To Tyranny submitted by New Zeal, a piece that dealt with how the West is outsourcing its traditional culture and freedoms in favor of multicultural and ‘international’ norms that are far different from ours.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 4 1/3 votes! The Noisy Room – An American descent Into Hell
- Second place with 2 votes – The Colossus of Rhodey – “X-Men: First Class,” Israel, and the line between good and evil
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – New Zeal – Why Panetta? Is Slashing Defense the Real End Game Here?
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Simply Jews – Matthew Hess: rabid, but how rabid he is indeed?
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – VA Right! – Obama Visits NC Plant That Used $39 Million Stimulus to Make $127 Light Bulbs and Pays CEO $4.2 Million
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Blunt Reality
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – Whistle A Happy Tune
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – Say What?
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Snapped Shot – Sense of Humor
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Is it an “Arab spring” or a winter of discontent?
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Bookworm Room – It’s not what you believe; it’s what you do with those beliefs that counts
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Joshuapundit – The Weiner Affair And The Disintegration Of Our Politics
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes! – Sultan Knish – Redistributing Freedom To Tyranny submitted by New Zeal
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes – Zombie – How A teacher’s Rally Made me Anti-Education submitted by Joshuapundit
- Third place with 2 1/3 votes – Line Of Departure – Our Once And Future Kings submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place with 1 2/3 vote – American Digest – Overseen In The Library submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place with 1 vote – Civil Candor – Will Obama Punish Alabama for Fair New Immigration Law? submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place with 2/3 vote – Harry’s Place – Hamas Funder IHH on Tolerance: No Way! submitted by Simply Jews
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Yourish – Obama ramps up the pressure on Israel submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – American Thinker/James Lewis – Barracuda Snakecharmer Sarah and the Mob submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – El Pais – A Valley For All Of The Fallen? submitted by Right Truth
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Dirty Spending Secrets – Dirty Spending Secrets submitted by Bookworm Room
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Doug Ross – Narcissistic rage, envy and revenge at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue submitted by VA Right!
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Tablet – Spring Break submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Optimistic Conservative – Erdogan: Ottoman echoes growing louder submitted by The Watcher
See you next week… and Happy Father’s Day!