One more Marxist wins office in Texas…a trickle that must be stemmed before it becomes a tide.
In a surprisedown-ballot election victory, Austin Democratic Socialists of America member and Sanders campaign activist, Julie Ann Nitsch, won her runoff for Austin Community College Board of Trustees on December 13th, running as a Democrat.
Nitsch started her campaign at a clear disadvantage, lacking name recognition or a political resume. She had never held a public office, or served on any local boards or commissions. Meanwhile, her strongest opponent had served as ACC trustee for the previous 6 years, had a long resume of community activism, and received endorsements from most local Democratic elected officials and leaders.
But Nitsch did have the strong backing of a huge Bernie movement in Central Texas, a DSA chapter whose large membership provided over 100 block walkers and phone bankers, and the full support of Our Revolution (the national organization that grew out of the Sanders campaign) in the runoff election.
After volunteering for the Sanders campaign in the summer of 2015, Nitsch became the Campaign Coordinator of Texans for Bernie for Travis County and, later, one of five Austin DSA comrades who served as Sanders delegates at the DNC.
Nitsch’s progressive vision and strong support base made for a vigorous, people-powered campaign. According to Austin DSA Co-Chair Danny Fetonte, “DSA members provided the foot soldiers for the campaign.” Nearly 300 DSAers staffed phone banks, attended Democratic Clubs and union meetings with Nitsch, block walked, did mailings, and put up signs at member’s homes and at friendly businesses.
Our Revolution also played a pivotal role in Nitsch’s victory. They sent over 51,000 text messages and made over 13,000 calls to supporters during the campaign. According to volunteers, many of the people that voted for Nitsch did so as a direct result of Our Revolution’s concerted efforts.
The Texas Democratic Party is being heavily infiltrated by Democratic Socialists of America Marxists, who are enjoying explosive growth on the back of the Sanders Presidential campaign and the anti-Trump movement.
In recent months, DSA has opened locals all over Texas, from Dallas to El Paso, Houston to the Brazos Valley and San Antonio.
Backed by union muscle and money, much of it from out of state, DSA aims to play a major role in the left’s rapidly expanding campaign to turn Texas blue.
This Marxist activism in the heart of Red State Texas should neither be ignored or underestimated. If Texas can be flipped back to the Democrats, there will never be another Republican or conservative President. America as we know it will be over.
3 thoughts on “Texas Marxist wins Community College Board of Trustees election: Socialism growing rapidly in “Lone Star” state”
The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened”. – Norman Thomas Presidential candidate, Communist Party USA
The following goals for AMERICA are from “The Naked Communist:”
1. Develop the illusion that total disarmament would be a demonstration of moral strength.
2. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, and healthy.”
3. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Socialist/Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
4. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
5. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
6. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
7. Provide US aid to all nations regardless of Socialist/Communist domination.
8. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
9. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
10. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
11. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
12. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish RACIST aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
13. Grant recognition of Red China and admission to the UN.
14. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of promises in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under UN supervision.
15. Prolong conferences to ban atomic tests because US has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
16. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the UN
17. Promote the UN as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. Note number of Communist/Socialist countries existing today
18. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Socialist/Communist Party.
19. Do away with all loyalty oaths. Note attempts to delete God in many.
20. Continue giving Russia access to the US Patent Office.
21. Infiltrate one or both political parties in the United States.
22. Use courts to weaken basic American institutions claiming activities violate civil rights.
23. Get control of the schools, teachers’ associations and textbooks. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum.
24. Gain control of student newspapers.
25. US acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
26. US willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
27. Use students to foment public protests against programs, individuals or organizations under Communist/Socialist attack. Chief of Police not being able to talk about “stop & frisk” Q&A.
28. Infiltrate press, book-review assignments, editorial writing, and policymaking positions.
29. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
30. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. “Eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.” Note all the weird shapes all over nation.
31. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.” Remember Christ in urine piece?
32. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.”
33. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, health care, etc.
34. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Socialist/Communist apparatus.
35. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
36. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions. Check backgrounds of leaders.
38. Infiltrate and gain control of big business. Check backgrounds of founders.
39. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat]. Check out “civilian” police force. See DHS on this.
40. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Socialist/Communist goals.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents. “Need a village to raise children.” Clinton
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use “united force” to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal. Carter gave Canal away.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the US cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.