IDF soldiers sing before entering Gaza: “The whole world is a narrow bridge and you must not be afraid. Serve G-d with joy and come before Him with song. We have no one to rely upon except our Father in heaven.”
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
Ah, the big news today is that it’s party time…
Our own Courtney, GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD adds another year to the ledger. The actual date was Monday, but we’ll celebrate it today… especially since she managed to get through her birthday weekend in one piece and without any serious encounters with the authorities.
First, some flowers, just because…
Now this is a decadent rum cake… the alcohol’s cooked off, but that wonderful flavor of Mount Gay Bajan rum remains. And I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to mar that wonderful chocolate top with candle holes, but I’ll let the birthday girl decide that one… and how many candles.
And some chilled Veuve Cliquot on the side to wash it down…
Another year Courts, and you still crack me up with the joyful mayhem you perform on the defenseless English language in your articles and of course in our asides! Even better is the real substance in what you write that’s behind it. It’s a great pleasure to have you in the group and especially to have you as my friend… many, many more and keep treading the Narrow Way.
The Council In Action!!
My latest over at The Times Of Israel is up. When it comes to Hamas and Gaza, ‘demilitarization’ is the new buzzword and it gets mentioned frequently as a solution. In What ‘Demilitarization’ Really Means’, I revisit what happened the last time this carrot was held out to push a ceasefire with the full force of the ‘international community’ behind it.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Independent Sentinel – Armed BLM Gestapo Threatening Rural Citizens
- The Noisy Room – The End Of Immigration Enforcement In America
- Simply Jews – Lisa Goldman and the art of clipped narrative
- Joshuapundit – Obama Betrays Israel In A Last Ditch Effort To Save Hamas
- Bookworm Room – For John Kerry, when it comes to an American ally and a deadly enemy, it’s 1971 all over again
- The Razor – American Jews Need to Wake Up
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Strip Grind
- Ask Marion – SESSIONS: All Americans Must Help Stop Obama’s Dictatorial Threats to Expand Amnesty to Millions
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Absolutely Beyond Parody
- Nice Deb – Cruz: “Did President Obama Just Launch an Economic Boycott of Israel?” – Updated
- Rhymes With Right – FEC Asserts Authority Over Publishers
- The Right Planet – Blogging Pitfalls and the Dangers of New Media
- The Glittering Eye – Let the Courts Decide
- VA Right! – The Absence of Obamacare Credits in Federal Exchanges WAS INTENTIONAL – Designed to Force Compliance
- MidKnight Review – Is Obama about to go so far beyond Constitutional limitations as to force a Constitutional crisis (impeachment)? And, what if he wins that battle?
- Blazing Cat Fur – IDF: Palestinian casualties at Gaza’s Al-Shifa Hospital, Al-Shati Camp from terrorists’ rockets falling short
- Gates Of Vienna – A Blow to the Muslim Brotherhood
- Sultan Knish – Friday Afternoon Roundup submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Mark Steyn – Holiday Memories You’ll Cherish Forever submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fred Maroun – What Do Israel’s Critics Really Want? submitted by Simply Jews
- Matthew Continetti/Free Beacon – Israel Can Win – If Obama Doesn’t Save Hamas submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sam Harris – Why Don’t I Criticize Israel? submitted by Bookworm Room
- Adam Garfinkle, American Interest – Malice or Incompetence? submitted by The Razor
- Thomas Sowell/NRO – Cease The Ceasefires submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Isabel Matos/A Time For Choosing – Governor Sarah Palin Launches SarahPalinChannel.com submitted by Ask Marion
- Douglas Ernst – Jesse Jackson Sr. to go after Silicon Valley: Shakedown Rainbows never end submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Matthew Vadum, FrontPage Mag – Bracing For Amnesty submitted by Nice Deb
- David Bernstein/Volokh Conspiracy – Some Israel-Gaza Notes submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Liberty Counsel – One Jew’s Open Letter to the World submitted by The Right Planet
- Michael Cannon/Politico – The Flip-Flopping Architect of the ACA submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Ace of Spades HQ – WaPo’s Greg Sargent Devastates Halbig Case Against Obamacare Federal Subsidies With Bombshell Reporting (JeffB.) submitted by VA Right!
- PowerLine – Hamas’s big plan disrupted submitted by The Watcher
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – Downscale; Big government is bad for the little guy submitted by The Watcher