Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!
- Our esteemed colleague, Hube, shared some great news with us this week. In edition to his fine blog The Colossus Of Rhodey and his membership on the Council, Hube recently landed a job as Assistant Editor of The College Fix, an NRO-affiliated website. Council Akbar and a dozen whoo hoos!
- Elise Ronan at Liberty’s Spirit has a fine new piece up at the Times Of Israel, Mental Health Awareness: Wanted Compassion and Understanding.
- Debra Heine of Nice Deb, has a scintillating new piece up at Breitbart, In Defense Of Hashtag Diplomacy.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
*A note on this week’s selections – due to problems with their host server, The Colossus of Rhodey was unable to submit this week and Rhymes with Right was only able to do so by the lucky chance of finding a separate site that had cut and pasted one of his articles. We regret the omission and look forward to their return next week, as I’m sure all our readers do.
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- Liberty’s Spirit – Freedom and the Laws of Nature and Nature’s God
- The Noisy Room – The Silencing of American Christians
- Joshuapundit – Has Pope Francis Forgotten The Ten Commandments?
- The Independent Sentinel – There Will Never Be Another Secretariat: Thank you, Miss Penny
- Simply Jews – Black hats, white hats, grey hats: Mossad in Gore’s restroom or NSA in Bibi’s larder?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Power Projection
- Bookworm Room – Higher education: desperately selling a grossly overpriced, generic product in America
- VA Right! – Why Replacing Majority Leader Cantor with a Freshman Congressman is GOOD for the 7th District
- The Right Planet – Google Zaps Weasel Zippers!
- Nice Deb – Obama’s Rogue law Enforcement Unit Inside The EPA Comes Under Scrutiny (Video)
- Rhymes With Right – Denise Pratt Scandal Just Won’t Go Away
- The Razor – Prom Night Thoughts
- Ask Marion – Rats Deserting a Sinking Ship in Anticipation
- The Glittering Eye – Memory
- The MidKnight Review – (Updated) Patriots can celebrate the defeat of the Obama Doctrine
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Why Middle East Peace Initiatives Fail
- The Pirate’s Cove – Bummer: New Paper Proclaims Doom From Antarctic Melt
- The Mellow Jihadi – Money under false pretences…
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali/WSJ – Boko Haram and the Kidnapped School Girls submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Mark Steyn – #BringBackOurBalls submitted by The Noisy Room
- Kurt Schlichter – I Checked My Privilege, And It’s Doing Just Fine submitted by Joshuapundit
- Frontpage Mag – Obama’s Foreign Policy: One Big Coverup submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Jim Wald/Times Of Israel – On the Margins of the Holocaust: 70 Years On, High Time to Honor the “Absentees for Freedom” submitted by Simply Jews
- Politico – The Boko Haram – Benghazi Link submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Breitbart/Pamela Geller – Daily Beast:Boko Haram Terrorists Are Not ‘Islamic’ submitted by Bookworm Room
- Larry Sabato/Politico – How Big A Wave? submitted by VA Right!
- Bob Owens – What You’ll See In The Rebellion submitted by The Right Planet
- Becca Lower/IJ Review – 11 Most Badass Things Trey Gowdy Has Ever Said submitted by Nice Deb
- Big Jolly Politics – Ken Paxton campaign imploding as voters learn more about him submitted by Rhymes with Right
- PJ O’Rourke – Russian History Is on Our Side: Putin Will Surely Screw Himself submitted by The Razor
- Michael J. Totten/City Journal – The Last Communist City submitted by Ask Marion
- Ruth Wisse/WSJ – The Closing of the Collegiate Mind submitted by The Watcher
- Eli Lake/Daily Beast – So Many Jihadists Are Flocking to Libya, It’s Becoming ‘Scumbag Woodstock’ submitted by The Watcher