By: James Simpson
Right Side News
If you are a regular reader of Right Side News, you know that we bring you in-depth reporting on a broad range of issues in one convenient place. The last conference “The Most Important News Conference in History” was widely read and shared across the internet and social networks.
The following article details a day-long conference held by Accuracy in Media on September 19th. This conference on the eye-popping media bias in favor of President Obama brings much new information to the table. Please read it in its entirety.
Since 1969, Accuracy in Media has striven to bring accuracy and balance to media reporting. Given that the Left-driven mass media daily overlooks, misrepresents or suppresses the truth to serve their agenda, this has been a valiant, David vs Goliath, if not a Don Quixote effort. But AIM soldiers on, bringing to light countless articles and exposés that shine a light on press bias while providing in-depth reporting about the real issues.
With this in mind, AIM recently held a day-long conference, “Obamanation; a Day of Truth.” This conference highlighted the media’s alarming reluctance to report or investigate anything derogatory about President Obama, and cataloged the many instances where, to the contrary, they shamelessly hype the President and suppress embarrassing information, while collaborating to attack and discredit his political rivals. Lately this has included the unprecedented step of suppressing vital information about the nature of the Benghazi attacks merely to shield the President from embarrassing revelations so close to the election.
Conference presenters included the following list of prominent policy experts and public figures:
- Richard Benedetto, former White House correspondent, USA TODAY, national political correspondent.
- Deneen Borelli, Outreach Director for FreedomWorks, author of Blacklash: How Obama and the Left are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation.
- Pat Caddell, former Democratic pollster turned mainstream political critic, political film consultant, “The Hope and the Change,” 2012.
- Jack Cashill, investigative reporter, author of Deconstructing Obama and a host of other books.
- Artur Davis, former Democratic Congressman, and national co-chair for Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign.
- John Fund, senior editor, American Spectator, expert on voter fraud and the American election process, co-author, Who’s Counting?: How Fraudsters and Bureaucrats Put Your Vote at Risk.
- Frank Gaffney, president, Center for Security Policy, Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Policy under Reagan, co-author of Shariah: The Threat to America.
- Roger Aronoff, Editor of Accuracy in Media; producer/director of six documentaries, including “Confronting Iraq: Conflict and Hope.”
- Bishop E.W. Jackson, Sr., founder of Exodus Faith Ministries, Chesapeake, Va., candidate, U.S. Senate from Virginia, 2012, President of S.T.A.N.D.
- Cliff Kincaid, Director, AIM Center for Investigative Journalism.
- Edward Klein, former Newsweek Foreign Editor & NY Times Magazine Editor-in-Chief, author of The Amateur, the NYT bestseller about the Obama White House.
- Andrew McCarthy, journalist, author of The Grand Jihad & Spring Fever, former federal prosecutor, co-author, Shariah: The Threat to America.
- Dr. Betsy McCaughey, health policy expert, former Lt. Governor of New York, commentator on hazards of ObamaCare, President, Defend Your Healthcare.
- John Merline, Senior Writer Investor’s Business Daily.
- Katie Pavlich, Editor of TownHall.com and author of Fast and Furious: Barack Obama’s Bloodiest Scandal and the Shameless Cover-Up.
- U.S. Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX), chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, and the founder and head of Congress’s Media Fairness Caucus.
Full bios of all speakers can be viewed here. The forum was hosted by AIM Editor Roger Aronoff.
Each presenter gave a prepared statement for 15–20 minutes followed by a question and answer session. The more animated speakers are often people who at one time worked with the Left. This was certainly true for at least one of AIM’s guests.
America’s True Enemy
Longtime Democrat Pat Caddell, who worked for Democratic Presidential candidates from 1972 to 1992, presented what was not really a speech but more of an impassioned plea. He came right out and called main stream media “the Enemy,” citing by name the Washington Post, the New York Times, ABC, NBC and CBS.
Caddell said that journalists have been biased for decades but when they decide, “…what truth that you may know, as an American, and what truth you are not allowed to know, they have, then, made themselves a fundamental threat to the democracy, and, in my opinion, made themselves the enemy of the American people.” (Emphasis added.)
“I think we’re at the most dangerous time in our political history in terms of the balance of power in the role that the media plays in whether or not we maintain a free democracy… the overwhelming bias has become very real and very dangerous.”
Caddell cited a Gallup poll showing that Americans have the least faith in the news of any time in history. 60 percent said they had little or no trust in the media to report news accurately and fairly. Not surprisingly this split is partisan: 58 percent of Democrats claim to trust the coverage while only 26 percent of Republicans do. Only 31 percent of independents have a high degree of trust, a fact that should alarm Obama and the Democrats.
The Audacity of Corruption
Calling his presentation “The Audacity of Corruption,” Caddell offered stunning examples of media silence regarding what should be major stories. For example, while Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans died due to virtually nonexistent security at the Benghazi consulate – a known hotspot – Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett continues to have a full-time Secret Service detail, even on vacations. Caddell revealed that just prior to replacing David Axelrod as Senior Advisor to President Obama, former Obama campaign manager David Plouffe was paid $100,000 by an Iranian front group to give two speeches in Nigeria. Caddell stated:
… here’s a man who’s being paid by an already named front group for… a terrorist regime, and is not asked about it, or queried about it!
Caddell made a number of stunning revelations and pointed observations:
- $16.4 billion – 80 percent – of Obama “Green Energy” loans went to firms owned or invested in by individuals “ who were bundlers, members of Obama’s National Finance Committee, or large donors to the Democratic Party.” No media coverage.
- Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s number one goal is to obtain release for Blind Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman, mastermind of the 1993 WTC bombing. No media coverage.
- An intelligence source asserts that the White House and State Department are negotiating that release now! No media coverage.
- White House National Security Advisor Tom Donilon, an unscrupulous political hack with no experience in national security, is the reputed White House leaker. No media coverage.
- The press gives Democrats hundreds of millions in in-kind contributions through their relentless bias and PR campaign for Obama.
- Republicans are unwilling to challenge the media. This needs to STOP.
- Too many Republicans, Like Romney advisor Ed Gillespie, who works with former Clinton attorney Jack Quinn, won’t rock the boat because they want to preserve relationships.
He noted the press response to Libya:
.. we’ve had nine days of lies over what happened because they can’t dare say it’s a terrorist attack, and the press won’t push this. Twenty American embassies, yesterday, were under attack. None of that is on the national news. None of it is being pressed in the papers. If a President of either party—I don’t care whether it was Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton or George Bush or Ronald Reagan or George H. W. Bush—had a terrorist incident, and got on an airplane after saying something, and flown off to a fundraiser in Las Vegas, they would have been crucified!
Caddell also lambasted the Romney campaign for its ineptitude in calling out either Obama or the media on these eye-popping lapses:
This is not without accomplices, because the incompetence of the [Mitt] Romney campaign, which I said a week ago is the—my God!—the worst campaign in my lifetime, and the Republican establishment in general’s inability to fight, has allowed these things to happen in part because they don’t [fight].
I urge you to watch Caddell’s presentation in its entirety. He delivers a message we cannot overlook.
Caddell was genuinely angry and one of the most animated speakers of the day, but he was not the only one.
Gaffney and McCarthy:
Muslim Infiltration into the United States
Frank Gaffney and Andrew McCarthy both spoke about Muslim infiltration into the United States. They covered too much ground to be adequately described in this essay.
(Andrew McCarthy transcript and video here: Andy McCarthy – “Holder’s Department of Injustice”)
Gaffney has created a free online video series titled, “The Muslim Brotherhood in America: A Course in 10 parts.” Each video is about 20 minutes and very well done. Points raised:
- Shariah is a totalitarian doctrine. Its adherents – notably, the Muslim Brotherhood – seek to bring it here.
- Shariah is principally about power, not faith. Accordingly, acting to realize its political end of overthrowing the U.S. government is seditious and must be prosecuted not treated as protected religious practice.
- In most countries where it operates, the Brotherhood is in a pre-violent phase.
- The Muslim Brotherhood’s strategic plan is a “civilization-jihadist process… a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within” by our hands.
- Civilization jihad is being pursued through stealthy means involving the penetration and subversion of civil society and governing institutions.
- The military calls “information dominance,” the Brotherhood’s effort to keep us ignorant of the threat. They have been increasingly effective at this over the past ten years.
- The Muslim Brotherhood was helped in its efforts to achieve information dominance over the George W. Bush administration, thanks to collaboration between al Qaeda financier, Abdurahman Alamoudi, and anti-tax activist Grover Norquist.
See Part I of 10: The Muslim Brotherhood in America below and all 10 Parts HERE.
Alamoudi is currently serving a 23 year sentence for helping finance a plot to murder Saudi Crown Prince (now King) Abdullah. In the 1990s, Alamoudi’s American Muslim Armed Forces and Veterans Affairs Council received certification from the Defense Department to approve Muslim chaplains for the U.S. armed forces in the 1990s. He participated, with the ACLU in creating legal justifications for limiting Christmas celebrations in public schools.
- Norquist helped mainstream in the Bush campaign and/or administration five other Muslims with extensive ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. They were: the Islamic Free Market Institute’s Khalid Saffuri, CAIR’s Nihad Awad, Palestinian Jihad’s Sami al-Arian, the Fiqh Council’s Muzzamil Siddiqi and Suhail Khan, a former staffer for Rep. Tom Campbell of California.
- In his capacity as the de facto Muslim gatekeeper in the Office of Public Liaison under senior Bush advisor Karl Rove, and then as an assistant in the personal office of the Secretary of Transportation, Khan had, at a minimum, an opportunity to facilitate the penetration of other Islamists.
- Both during and after the Bush administration, Norquist has used various organizations to promote Islamist agendas. These have included Red-Green coalitions made up of radical and other leftists and Muslim Brotherhood front groups.
- Norquist has worked for years to “create relations with top political leaders and Muslims,” including running Muslims for elective office as Republicans. Three of his protégés – Kamal Nawash, Faisal Gill and Imad “David” Ramadan – have run for state legislative seats in Virginia.
- Norquist continues to support Islamist agenda items and to work to counter initiatives opposed by the Brothers. He has collaborated with radical leftists and Islamists in Red-Green Coalitions, the latter include Iranian influence operations.
- The precedents, personnel and policies promoted by Norquist and his friends during the George W. Bush administration have metastasized under President Obama.
- Notably, six Islamist-sympathizers have achieved positions within or advisory roles serving Team Obama: Special Envoy to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Rashad Hussein; Deputy Chief of Staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Huma Abedein; Presidential advisor Dalia Mogahed; FBI Citizens Academy graduate Kifah Mustafa; Homeland Security Advisory Committee Member Mohamed Elibiary and Homeland Security Countering Violent Extremism Working Group Member Mohamed Magid.
- Muslim Brotherhood successes include policies and directives emanating from the White House, and priorities and activities of: the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Departments of State, Justice, Defense and Homeland Security and even NASA.
There is an urgent need for rigorous congressional oversight and investigations aimed at exposing the extent of the civilization jihad – and the need for corrective action aimed at countering it, particularly by federal authorities.
McCarthy added that Muslims believe Shariah is Allah’s gift to the world. He quoted the President of Turkey, who said, “Democracy is the train to our destination.”
Gaffney left the audience with a final remark that the Strait of Hormuz may close shortly.
Betsy McCaughey: Death Panel Reality and the Destruction of Medicare
In-Depth AIM Interview with Betsy McCaughey
Dr. Betsy McCaughey is perhaps the foremost expert on Obamacare. She was also instrumental in defeating Hillary Clinton’s similar socialized medicine scheme back in 1994. She was the first health care policy expert to warn of the impending Obamacare proposals in 2009.
She revealed that Obama healthcare advisor, Ezekiel Emanuel, former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel’s brother, advocated what have become known as “Death Panels.” The media ridiculed Sarah Palin for warning about them, and McCaughey was similarly reviled in the press for spreading “false rumors.” Obamacare advocates and their media defenders disingenuously argued that the Obamacare bill contained no such provision.
The truth, McCaughey revealed, was that the framework for their creation was already codified in law through a provision snuck into the stimulus bill. Now, one of Obama’s closest advisors, former Car Czar Steven Rattner, is admitting that Obamacare will require rationing in a New York Times Op Ed subtitled “We need death panels.”
This is big news! Sarah Palin was right all along (we knew that of course.) Where is the media mea culpa? Where is the media coverage even?
In this conference, Dr. McCaughey described in detail how Obamacare is going to ruin Medicare. She again raised the specter of death panels and explained that Obamacare requires extreme cuts to Medicare that will necessitate commensurate cuts in healthcare services to seniors. Some of the life-saving procedures that are routine today will become completely unavailable, and the necessary rationing will begin. Some key points:
- Obamacare cuts $247 billion from hospital Medicare reimbursements over ten years.
- Since Medicare already reimburses hospitals less than service costs, this will necessitate service reductions.
- This and other budget cuts will reduce nursing and other hospital staff by 93,000.
- Beginning in October 2012, the Obama administration will reward hospitals that spend less on seniors and penalize those that spend more.
- Cuts will eventually cause an estimated 40 percent of hospitals to operate at a loss.
- 15 percent of hospitals may stop accepting Medicare patients.
- An estimated 35,000 seniors will die annually as the result of reduced care.
Bishop E.W. Jackson, Sr.: The Constitution, Founding Fathers and Religious Freedom
Bishop E.W. Jackson, Sr. campaigned for Virginia’s U.S. Senate seat in the GOP primaries. He spoke on religious liberty and the Constitution, noting how the Obama administration demonstrates contempt for the Constitution every day. “I think we are being led by people who don’t respect our Constitution. They just fundamentally don’t think it’s important,” he said.
He quoted EEOC Commissioner Chai Feldblum who has said “Sexual freedom must always win over the First Amendment.” Even though sexual freedom’s not mentioned in the Constitution and the First Amendment is the first right that’s recognized by the Constitution, she says, “No, no, no, the First Amendment liberties of the American people must give way.”
Jackson said that Republicans have an historic opportunity to reach out to blacks due to this administration’s radical stances on abortion and gay marriage, which most blacks strongly disagree with.
Bishop Jackson’s presentation can be viewed in its entirety and transcript, here, or watch below.
John Fund: Voter Suppression and the Corrupt Machines
John Fund has written two books on voter fraud and is an acknowledged expert on the issue. Fund discussed the Left’s effort to mischaracterize voter integrity efforts as minority “voter suppression,” resurrecting yet again the race card. The sad truth he explained, is that inner city minorities do suffer voter suppression because those areas are usually controlled by corrupt leftist political machines. Reform democrats have attempted to change the system but have been prevented from doing so by the corrupt machines. Minorities suffer poor schools, poor services, with high taxes and high crime, while their votes are literally stolen by corrupt politicians. The idea that voter ID laws suppress the minority vote is absurd. 75 percent of voters favor photo ID laws for voting. Even liberal democrats favor voter ID laws.
Jack Cashill has published many books and wrote a series of articles asserting that Obama neighbor and domestic terrorist Bill Ayers wrote Obama’s “autobiography” Dreams from My Father. Despite impeccable journalistic credentials, including ghostwriting books for other authors, Cashill’s stories have been completely ignored by the media – even conservative media. Subsequently, Author Christopher Andersen interviewed people who knew Obama for his biography. They said that Obama was unable to meet deadlines and submitted tapes, notes and a partially written manuscript for Ayers to complete. So Cashill has been vindicated, but the media will still not acknowledge the truth.
Cashill says, “Obama did not write Dreams. Period.” In his research, Cashill stumbled across Ayers’ book, “Fugitive Days” and surmised that Ayers had the same ghost writer as Obama because the writing was so similar. Then he learned that Ayers had exemplary writing skills, and due to his time as a merchant seaman, uses many nautical metaphors – metaphors which appear repeatedly in Dreams. The few original works credited to Obama, e.g. his anti-war essay from Columbia, were fraught with errors.
Klein is a former New York Times writer with impeccable credentials. He has written a book about Obama titled, “The Amateur.” He thoroughly researched the book, including an interview with Obama’s controversial pastor, Jeremiah Wright. He spent three hours with Wright, who said that Obama representatives visited him numerous times in secret trying to convince him to shut up. Klein’s book makes the case that Obama is “Temperamentally unsuited for executive leadership.” Klein quotes Majority Leader John Boehner as saying that Obama “doesn’t know who makes decisions, how they make decisions or who is in charge.” Klein added that Obama is “in revolt” against the system that elected him, and that, “Every single black businessman I spoke to said they were disappointed with Obama’s performance.”
Katie Pavlich has written an authoritative book on the Fast and Furious scandal. She reported that the recent DOJ Inspector General report regarding the scandal was written largely by longtime Eric Holder friend, former IG Cynthia Schnedar, even though it is signed by the current IG, Michael Horowitz, an employee in the job only five months. With Fast and Furious, the goal was to regulate gun stores out of business, not legislate them out of business. Katie’s entire presentation can be viewed here. Roger Aronoff has written a good summary, here.
In the coming days, videos of all presenters will be available at the AIM website, here.
James Simpson is a freelance journalist, businessman and former White House budget analyst. His writings have also been published on Right Side News, Big Government, Big Peace, Emerging Corruption, American Thinker, Washington Times, WorldNetDaily, FrontPage Magazine, Soldier of Fortune and others. His blog is Truth & Consequences.
1 thought on “The Media is the Real Enemy”