Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Holy Gaea! Another Earth Day has come and gone. This cartoon (merci pour le lagniappe, Gerard) makes the salient point that the entire global warming, Gaea worshiping nonsense is merely the Left’s version of the worst excesses of the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages – with the antics of Pope Gore and today’s scams like carbon trading and Solyndra in place of the sale of indulgences, benefices and paid for dispensations for the well heeled making it a perfect parallel.
Talk to any of these True Believers and disagree with what amounts to their religion and many of them would happily burn you at the stake as a heretic in a nanosecond if they weren’t worried about increasing their personal carbon footprints! Besides, it’s a lot more lucrative for them to simply tax you into oblivion and use the money for their much more deserving selves and their personal pet projects.
On another subject, this week’s contest is dedicated to Levon, who just made the passage. Rest in peace, dear soul.
This week, Ask Marion, Crime Victim’s Media Report and Pirate’s Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great posts.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Colossus of Rhodey – “Progressive” liar set to return to comics
- Joshuapundit – Yom Hashoah – Reflections On The Holocaust
- The Political Commentator – Wall Street 101 For Progressives, Academics and Career Politicians!
- The Noisy Room – Iran + UN: The Incorrectly Included Datum
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama About to Cede Sovereignty of Our Oceans to Marxist UN
- The Mellow Jihadi – The Military Draft
- Simply Jews – There Are Judges In Jerusalem
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – PACRIM Airwar
- The Right Planet – Bloody Revolution and Cultural Suicide
- VA Right! – Hollywood Balks at Obama’s Financial Genocide!
- Rhymes With Right – Bishop Takes On Faux Catholic Politicians
- Bookworm Room – The California Open Primary has the practical effect of stifling Republican political speech in November, when it matters most
- The Razor – No One Wins In the Zimmerman Trial
- The Glittering Eye – The Amazing Even Alarming Ease
- Gay Patriot – What gay Republicans (should) expect from the state
- Ask Marion – Earth Day… How Did You Celebrate?
- Crime Victim’s Media Report – Occupiers Demonstrate… What’s Wrong With Self-Esteem Education
- Pirate’s Cove – Snap! Climate Change Is A Human Rights Issue Or Something
- The Weekly Standard – Civil Society Reconsidered submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Raymond Ibrahim – How the Media Whitewashes Muslim Persecution of Christians submitted by Joshuapundit
- Mychal Massie – More Obama Fairy Tales submitted by The Political Commentator
- American Thinker/Kim Zigfeld – Obama Suckering America into Loving Russia submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Washington Free Beacon – Paging Allen West: Gorbachev Says ‘I will Support Obama’ submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- House of Erathosthenes – Contradictions submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- The Passing Parade – Government Spending, Or Why I Am A Republican submitted by Simply Jews
- The Last Stand – Afghanistan III (still circling the bowl) submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Blaze – Are We Headed Toward the Constitution or the Communist Manifesto? This Breakdown Tells You submitted by The Right Planet
- Freemarket America.org – If I Wanted America to Fail submitted by VA Right!
- The DC Trawler – Obama Bites Dog submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Politic/Shaun Tan – Dangerous Liaisons submitted by Bookworm Room
- Taki’s Magazine – 10 Hatefacts for Those Who Hate Facts submitted by The Razor
- Jim Treacher/The Daily Caller – I don’t know if you guys have heard, but Obama eats dogs submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Commentary Contentions – The Fake Iranian Nuclear Fatwa submitted by Gay Patriot
- The Sad Red Earth – Israeli Ambassador Fears 60 Minutes “Hatchet Job”; Bob Simon Protests, Then Delivers submitted by The Watcher
- Mark Steyn – Grope And Change submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!