Watcher’s Council Nominations – Under Surveillance Edition
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Ch-ch-ch-Changes: Council Members Gay Patriot and The Independent Sentinel have departed the Council due to the need to concentrate on other pursuits, although they will still remain members of the WoW community. We’ve greatly enjoyed having them as part of our group and wish them well in their future endeavors.
But hey, just looky what we have here!
This week marks the stellar debut of Liberty’s Spirit and Nice Deb, two awesome writers we’ve been fans of for some time. They’re definitely going to add something special to the Council mix… check out their submissions this week and see if you don’t agree.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, without further ado, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Political Commentator – Connecting the radical dots in Boston!
- Simply Jews – More fun and games with Alice Walker
- The Noisy Room – Samantha Power: The Hand That Rocks A Nation
- Liberty’s Spirit – Autism-Meme as Political Insult
- The Razor – The Power of Islamic Propaganda
- Joshuapundit – The Anniversary Of A Miracle – Israel’s Victory In The Six Day War
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Poll Shows Support for Affirmative Action Dwindling
- Nice Deb – National Organization for Marriages John Eastman RIPS Democrats At IRS Hearing + Proof IRS Leaked Confidential Donor List to Political Rival
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Beirut Is The Next Benghazi
- The Right Planet – What Are Some Good Liberal Books?
- Bookworm Room – Game of Thrones and how the things that we watch reveal something about who we are and what we’ve become
- VA Right! – NSA Leaker Snowden: Hero or Traitor?
- The Glittering Eye – Weasels
- Rhymes With Right – A Long Distance Dedication To Obama Voters
- The Mellow Jihadi – My First Fist-Fight in the Navy
- Ask Marion – NSA Whistleblower Snowden in Exile as the Obama Scandals List Grows
- Right Truth – Soldier Who Read Conservative Books Faces Charges…
- The Pirate’s Cove – Bummer: NY Times Admits To 15 Year Pause In Global Warming
- Zero Hedge – Are Central Bankers Losing Control? submitted by The Political Commentator
- The Texas Scribbler – Our Creepy President submitted by Simply Jews
- Sultan Knish – We’ll Keep the Red Flag Flying Here submitted by The Noisy Room
- This Ongoing War: A Blog – Will Appeasing Hezbollah Work Better Now Than it Did With Nazi Germany? submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Victor Davis Hanson – Obama is Just Obama submitted by The Razor
- Mark Steyn – The All Seeing State submitted by Joshuapundit
- Reason.com – Obama’s Last Gasp at a Legacy submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Doug Ross @ Journal – The Complete IRS Scandal Timeline in Spreadsheet Format [Updated] submitted by Nice Deb
- The Long War Journal – Iran’s Latin American Terror Network submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The National Journal – NSA Spying Scandal: 2006 or 2013? submitted by The Right Planet
- Israel Thrives – The Nakba Stratagem submitted by Bookworm Room
- Michelle Malkin – Assimilation, Not Amnesty submitted by VA Right!
- Alexis Simendinger/RealClearPolitics – Privacy, Security and Obama’s Uphill Quest for Trust submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Red State – IRS lectures pro-life group on acceptable speech, practice of religion. submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Chicago Boyz – Peggy Noonan is figuring it out submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Gatestone Institute/Raheel Raza – On Israel’s President’s Conference submitted by The Watcher
- Ann Coulter – Tips For Right-Wingers On The IRS Scandal submitted by The Watcher