Watcher’s Council Nominations – Fall Back Edition
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to Gilad Shalit. Baruch shuvcha habayta, khayal shel Yisrael…
Our good friend Brian over at Snapped Shot has decided to devote his energies to other pursuits instead of blogging and has resigned his seat on the Council. It’s been great having him and we’ll all miss his good humor and insights on photojournalism.
But hey… looky what we got here! I’m proud to announce the debut of two brand new Council members, Sard from The Right Planet and The Mellow Jihadi, both of whom bring unique outlooks and writing skills to the group. Both have previously appeared as Honorable Mentions and non-Council nominees and if you’re not already familiar with them, then you’re in for a real treat.
You can too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and leave a comment with the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with the mandatory e-mail address in case I need to contact you (it won’t be published), no later than Monday 6 PM PST. Then simply return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week. Simple, no?
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, without further ado, let’s see what we have this week…
- Rhymes With Right – Democrats – Supporting The Terrorist Enemy Is Patriotism, Opposing Obama’s “Jobs Bill” Is Treasonous
- The Political Commentator – Some in the OWS movement, like the Nazis before them, say “Blame the Jews”
- Joshuapundit – Egypt Moves Towards The Abyss
- The Noisy Room – Lenin’s 99 Percenters
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Narcissism Indeed
- The Razor – Out of the Mouths of Babes Comes Gibberish
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Lord’s Resistance Army
- Bookworm Room – Is this the weasel way of saying “You smell bad and you scare me?”
- The Right Planet – The Surreality of Evil
- The Mellow Jihadi – Three Petty Officers of the United States Navy
- Right Truth – Who Are You, Who Who, I Really Wanna Know …
- VA Right! – Obama’s Teleprompter Stolen at Virginia Center Commons Mall
- The Glittering Eye – Austerity This Ain’t
- New Zeal – The Left Speaks Of War
- Simply Jews – Nikolai Valuev as female yeti
- Maggie’s Notebook – Occupy Wall Street Protestors Not Unemployed, Not Diverse – Are Radical Wealth Distributionist Left-Wingers
- Capitalist Preservation – Jose sez: “Si este hombre es mi hermano, yo quiero ser un hijo único.”
- Polipundit – Republicans Pulling To The Left? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Daily Caller – Red, White and Angry : Communist, Nazi parties endorse ‘Occupy’ protests submitted by The Political Commentator
- Melanie Phillips – Journalism? No, cruelty and propaganda submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sultan Knish – The Age Of Accounting submitted by The Noisy Room
- Common Sense Political Thought – Why Not Just Treat Everybody Equally Under The Law? submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Blog Maverick – The Mark Cuban Weblog – My Soapbox Advice to the OWS Movement and then some submitted by The Razor
- Global Spin – Obama’s Iran Dilemma: How to Respond to a Plot Seemingly Designed to Provoke Escalation? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Big Government – Journolist 2.0: Occupy Wall Street Emails Show MSM, Dylan Ratigan, Working With Protesters To Craft Message submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Ellis Washington Report – Lenin’s ‘useful idiots’ in Manhattan submitted by Right Planet
- Roger L. Simon/Pajamas Media – “Tahrir Envy” Meets “Tea Party Envy” on Wall Street submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Newsbusters – Will Other Journalists Follow Martin Bashir and Highlight Anti-Semitism at Wall Street Protests? submitted by Right Truth
- Human Events – Guess Where Over Half of America’s New Jobs Came From In June? submitted by VA Right
- Ziva Sahl/Babalu Blog – Remembering Laura Pollán submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Liberty’s Spirit – Face Of A terrorist submitted by The Watcher
- Tundra Tabloids – To Be Black In Iraq: They Still Call Me Abd (Slave)……. submitted by The Watcher
- Barry Rubin – The Middle East Today: Ha, Ha! It’s Too Funny! I Can’t Take It Any More! submitted by The Watcher
- Michael J. Totten – The Swing State of the Levant submitted by The Watcher