Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!!
- Tom White of VA Right continues his rise to blogging stardom… this week, he was the subject of a major feature in the Richmond Times Dispatch, as well as appearing on WLEE Mewstalk 990 AM for an interview on the Brother Craig show, which broadcasts during prime drive time. Talk about making waves!
- My latest is up at the Times of Israel. If I can be permitted a small boast, it’s currently their most read story as I write this.
- This week, Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion, The People’s Cube, The Pirate’s Cove and Seraphic Secret earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Noisy Room – The Muslim Brotherhood Calls For “A Long, Uncompromising Jihad” In Egypt After Meeting With US State Department
- The Independent Sentinel – This is what’s wrong with American Sniper and snipers in general
- Simply Jews – Saving a man or Aaron Dover on my couch
- Rhymes With Right – Obama Decries Decision That Keeps Government From Limiting Political Speech, Activity
- Nice Deb – Don’t Trust Do Verify: Questioning Corrupt and Politicized Climate Science
- Joshuapundit – Breaking: NYT Admits Obama Deliberately Manufactured Netanyahu Spat
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Foreign Policy Vacuum
- The Razor – Terf Wars
- The Right Planet – Man In The Mirror
- VA Right! – CCRC Chairman Don Williams Jeopardizing the GOP Committee’s Tax Exempt Status
- The Glittering Eye – In Which I Learn That I Am Not a Liberal
- Bookworm Room – Neo-Paganism is sweeping the First World – and that’s a bad thing *UPDATED*
- Ask Marion – Washington Times’ Bombshell Tapes Confirm Citizen Commission’s Findings on Benghazi
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Tom Cotton takes a hard stance on Iran
- The People’s Cube – Islamic State’s War on Women vs. Republican War on Women
- The Pirate’s Cove – Obama’s Unserious Budget Is Still Mostly About Creating A Fight
- Seraphic Secret – The American Sniper Effect: What it Says About the 2016 Election
- Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage Mag – The Ghosts of Auschwitz in the Muslim World submitted by The Noisy Room
- Nick Tell/NRO – Walker Squirms On Immigration submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Anne’s Opinions – Yemen insurgency shows the danger of the lack of a coherent US Middle East strategy submitted by Simply Jews
- Reason Blog – 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended for Using Lord of the Rings Magic on Fellow Student submitted by Rhymes with Right
- James Delingpole/Breitbart –Forget Climategate: this ‘global warming’ scandal is much bigger submitted by Nice Deb
- Michael Totten/City Journal – Chris Kyle wasn’t a savage; he killed savages. submitted by Joshuapundit
- Anka Pandit/The Diplomat – ISIS-Taliban Turf War in Afghanistan? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Reason.Com – The Voluntarily Unvaccinated Are Harming Other People in California Measles Outbreak submitted by The Razor
- James Lewis/American Thinker – Obama Is Openly Colluding with the Enemy submitted by The Right Planet
- Ace Of Spades HQ – Jordan: Hey, You Know How You Demanded We Release A Female Terrorist Prisoner In Exchange for Our Downed Pilot? submitted by VA Right!
- The Belmont Club – Learning To Hate submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Bloomberg/Megan McArdle – When Bread Bags Weren’t Funny submitted by Bookworm Room
- Liberty’s Spirit – Iran, the Bomb and Some Commentarysubmitted by The Watcher
- Jim Clifton/Gallup – The Big Lie: 5.6% Unemployment submitted by The Watcher
- Seth Mandel/Commentary – Scott Walker Rejects Your Premise submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that! And don’t forget to tune in Friday for the results!