Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council in Action…
Greg over at Rhymes With Right was instrumental in getting a resolution passed by his local county Republican Executive Committee coming out against ‘pay for play’ local endorsements.
Joshuapundit’s latest piece, Going Democrat-Lite will make GOP a permanent minority, is up at the Washington Examiner… and a shout out and thanks from me to all of you whom linked to it or tweeted it.
Noted author and Council Alumni Trever Loudon continues to burn up the ground with his book tour for his latest opus, “The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the U.S. Congress.” He’ll be appearing on the Glenn Beck Program on ‘The Blaze’ TV next month with taping scheduled for March 27th. And that’s not all:
Peoria IL TEA Party
Gateway Building, 200 NE Water St., Peoria, IL 61614
Thursday, February 13th — 6:30 pm
[RADIO] Roger Moore Interviews Trevor Loudon
WOAM 1360AM Talk Radio
Friday, February 14th — 7:00 am
Peoria IL TEA Party Morning Event
Sterling Restaurant, 4513 N. Sterling Ave., Peoria IL 61615
Friday, February 14th— 8:00 am
The DuPage IL TEA Party
Carriage Greens Country Club, 8700 Carriage Greens Dr., Darien IL 60561
Saturday, February 15th — 2:00 pm
[RADIO] Van The Radio Man
Monday, February 17th — 2:00 pm
AZ Red Mountain Patriots
Faith Christian School, 7464 E. Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85207
Monday, February 17th — 7:00 pm
The TEA Party Patriots of Arizona
Northgate Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phoenix, AZ 85086
Tuesday, February 18th — 6:30 pm
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- Liberty’s Spirit – When told they can’t use the word “bitch,” watch some male heads explode
- Simply Jews – John Kerry’s “stand with Ukraine’s people” and the staggering ineptness of State Department
- The Noisy Room – Idaho Opens the Door to Martial Law and Gun Confiscation – the Nullification of the Posse Comitatus Act
- Joshuapundit – The UN Reveals Its Cowardice And Hypocrisy By Attacking The Catholic Church
- Ask Marion – Beatles, Olympics, Leno, History, Perspective…
- The Razor – A Republican Reflects On a Kennedy
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Code Name: Johnny Walker
- Bookworm Room – Conservatives should take a page out of the Islamists’ book and disavow bad actors marching under their banner
- The Right Planet – David Carroll: Angry Blacks Confront DNC/MSNBC Slave Al Sharpton
- Rhymes With Right – Note To Michael Sam — I Don’t Care
- The Colossus of Rhodey – A Kickstarter idea which is not only unoriginal, but based on pure media bias
- The Independent Sentinel – Common Core Is Rewriting History Like a Tin Pot Dictatorship
- The Glittering Eye – It’s Not Our Salami
- VA Right! – Battered Obama Supporter Syndrome – B.O.S.S.
- Nice Deb – ACLJ Head Says Newly Discovered IRS Emails Are A “Smoking Gun” – Calls For Special Prosecutor
- The Mellow Jihadi – Flooding & the nine P’s
- Maggie’s Notebook – Diane Blair’s Hillary Papers: Hillary Furious Bill Ruined Presidency, Couldn’t Organize or Punish
- The Pirate’s Cove – Hooray! Warmists Find Excuse #8 For Pause
- Daphne Anson – Why Jordan’s Not Jumping for Joy: David Singer explains…
- Right Truth – Republican Punk – Book Review
- Oliver Bullough/New Republic – Sochi is Haunted by the Ghosts of a Forgotten Genocide submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- The Sad Red Earth – Academic Boycotts and Re-Colonization by Theory submitted by Simply Jews
- Diana West – A Nation of Laws, Not Men, Must Impeach Obama submitted by The Noisy Room
- Mark Steyn – America Takes Early Retirement submitted by Joshuapundit
- KingJester – Welcome to the Sochi Olympics… My Name is “Peggy” submitted by Ask Marion
- Michael Totten – The Truth About Che Guevara submitted by The Razor
- Small Wars Journal – General Patton as a Counterinsurgent submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Elder Of Ziyon – EoZ posters for “Apartheid Week” submitted by Bookworm Room
- Frontpage Mag – Union Gangsters: John Sweeney submitted by The Right Planet
- George Scott Reports – Veteran Texas House Lawmaker Eviscerates Pay To Play Slates As Destructive To GOP Future; Uses Schofield’s Race In District 132 As Example submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Minding The Campus – An update on the mess at Bowdoin submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- The Daily Caller – EPA ‘clean coal’ rule would increase power prices by 70 or 80 percent submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Robert Haddick/War On the Rocks – America Has No Answer to China’s Salami-slicing submitted by The Glittering Eye
- The Federalist – “Alex” Tokeville Has Some Choice Words For President Obama submitted by VA Right!
- Sipsey Street Irregulars – An Open Letter to Michael Lawlor, the CT Governor’s Hatchet Man on Firearms Confiscation. “How’s your KGB file hangin’, Mike?” submitted by Nice Deb
- Marc Thiessen/WAPO – Obamacare’s $70 billion pay cut submitted by The Watcher
- Victor Davis Hanson – An Immigration Morality Tale submitted by The Watcher