The Washington Times: Support rodeo clown Tuffy Gessling’ soars on Facebook
Alea iacta est… the Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and we have the results for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up.
“A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation.”
― Ronald Reagan
“The happy and powerful do not go into exile, and there are no surer guarantees of equality among men than poverty and misfortune.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America
“Illegal immigrants are to immigration what shoplifters are to shopping.”
― Jerry Agar
This week’s winner, The Noisy Room’s Capsizing the Republic – Cloward and Piven on the Southern Border, is a look at the illegal immigration issue from an interesting standpoint – as a tool of a Cloward-Piven strategy to destroy the American Republic.
Here’s a slice:
Glenn Beck pointed out last week that we, as a nation, are being ruled by 535 people in the Congress – 535 politicians are forcing 350 million into accepting Amnesty and the majority don’t want it. Why are we letting this happen? When will enough be enough and we stop the insanity? Essentially, they are erasing our borders and overwhelming our Republic with illegal aliens. It’s an invasion that is being invited in by treasonous individuals on both sides of the political aisle who stand to gain from the destruction of America, the plundering and redistribution of our resources, and the subjugation of the freest society the world has ever known. Why would they do it? The answer is as old as time itself: money and power.
In a clever plan that was communist in its inception and by its design, the Cloward and Piven Strategy has been used successfully in regards to Amnesty. David Horowitz of Discover the Networks defined it succinctly:
The strategy of forcing political change through orchestrated crisis. The “Cloward-Piven Strategy” seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse.
And that is exactly what Amnesty will do and in fact, is already doing here in America. Now, due to a loophole, a literal flood of so-called “asylum seekers” are surging across the border, overwhelming the border authorities, while using predetermined code words that will get them protection here in the US:
And this has been on the rise recently. From Gateway Pundit:
A loophole is allowing hundreds of immigrants across the Mexico border in to the United States.
Immigrants are being taught to use “key words and phrases” to be allowed to enter and stay in the country.
Just this past Monday, Border Patrol agents say about 200 people came through the Otay Crossing claiming a quote: “credible fear” of the drug cartels.
So many were doing this that they had to close down the processing center and move the overflow by vans to another station.
“They are being told if they come across the border, when they come up to the border and they say certain words, they will be allowed into the country,” said a person who did not want to be identified on camera. “We are being overwhelmed.”
Pete Nunez, former U.S. Attorney and immigration expert says, “This will swamp the system.”
In our non-Council category, the winner was Mark Steyn with Know Thine Enemy submitted by The Noisy Room. It’s Steyn at his best examining the Major Nidal Hassan military trial and what it says about the state of our western society. Do read it.
Okay, here are this week’s full results. Only The Mellow Jihadi was unable to vote this week, but was not subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 votes! – The Noisy Room – Capsizing the Republic – Cloward and Piven on the Southern Border
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – Liberty’s Spirit – These are the times that try men’s souls…
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Bookworm Room – Of Norway, petrodollars, free education, etc.
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit – The Celebration Of The Rattlesnakes
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Simply Jews – Apple vs Samsung: he said, she said, so what will Obama do now?
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 vote – VA Right! – ObamaCare Intent Revealed – Single Payer Ultimate Goal and Why Our Current (old) System Was Better
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Mellow Jihadi – For the love of Ginger
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Nice Deb – Overpasses for Obama’s Impeachment – Missouri Represents
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Razor – You Know Your Cause is Lost When Your Action Plan Includes Disrupting Funerals
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Right Planet – Florida State Capitol Displays Mural of George Zimmerman Shooting Trayvon Martin
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Conservatives, Tea Party and GOP: Can we find some way to get along just a little bit?
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Mark Steyn – Know Thine Enemy submitted by The Noisy Room
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Daniel Schwammenthal/WSJ – The Mufti Of Berlin submitted by The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – War On The Rocks – The Wrong Debate: Reflections On Counterinsurgency submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Walid Shoebat – Does Jailed Brotherhood leader have goods on Obama? submitted by The Right Planet
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Does John Kerry worry about a Palestine that reveres such monsters as the murderer of Nissim Toledano? submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Blazing Cat Fur – Toronto Masjid Conducting Prison Da’wah Throughout North America Hates You, Your Society, Your Religion & High Heels submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Techdirt.com – Jennifer Hoelzer’s Insider’s View Of The Administration’s Response To NSA Surveillance Leaks submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – John Sexton, The Conversation – Lois Lerner Discusses Political Pressure on the IRS in 2010 submitted by Nice Deb
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Jewish Review Of Books – What Jesus Wasn’t: Zealot submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Patterico’s Pontifications – Pelosi’s Faux and Feigned Outrage submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Walter Williams – Black Self-Sabotage submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote – EAG News – Father of molested student talks about his outrage toward seven teachers who supported the rapist submitted by VA Right!
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited special guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day with short takes and weigh in… don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!
2 thoughts on “The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results – 08/16/13”
Council not spoken