Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to Mia Love, the child of Haitian immigrants, the mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah, the next congresswoman to represent Utah’s 4th congressional district and someone who has an innate understanding of what America is all about and exactly why it’s worth saving.
And of course, to Mrs. Ann Romney, who has always been proud of her country.
This week, Ask Marion, Raising Asbergers Kids, Maggie’s Notebook, Right Truth and The Pirate’s Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some excellent pieces.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category.
Then just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
OK, lets take a look at what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – The DNC Embraces Radical Islam
- The Independent Sentinel – Dems Using Every Trick In The Book To Distract From The Economy
- The Political Commentator – Two pictures that define Barack Obama and one that defines a leader! (Video)
- The Razor – The Democratic Party’s War on Children
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Offensive Meat
- Joshuapundit – Speaking Of Rape – Democrats Oppose Mandatory Sentences For Child Rapists
- Simply Jews – Al Qaeda recruiting via the Internet – and I know why
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – “Least Horrible”
- The Right Planet – The Fascism of Sustainable Development
- VA Right! – Homemade Video: ‘Remember” (A Remake of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’)
- Bookworm Room – Democrat gaffes, nastiness, and sheer ignorance – just a few highlights from the Democrat side of the aisle
- The Glittering Eye – Why We Must Change
- Gay Patriot – Why do some Americans who favor ‘smaller government with fewer services’ continue to back Democrats?
- The Mellow Jihadi – Mitt Romney’s Puppet Sticks Out
- Rhymes With Right – To Gain Farm Votes, Obama Will Drive Up Food Prices For Working Americans
- Ask Marion – The Real War on Women… WoW
- Maggie’s Notebook – Movie Review – 2016: Obama’s America – The Focus on One Hyphenated Word
- Raising Asbergers Kids – A Righteous Man… My Father
- Right Truth – 1972 Olympics Massacre – Germany’s Secret Contacts to Palestinian Terrorists
- The Pirate’s Cove – What Say To Muslim Extremists Praying At The DNC?
- Sultan Knish – Countdown in Tehran and Jerusalem submitted by The Noisy Room
- Yid With Lid – Why Does Obama Have Anti-Israel Activists On His List of Rabbi Supporters? submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Alan Caruba/Family Security Matters – Destroying our military from within submitted by The Political Commentator
- Taki’s Magazine – No Brain, No Vote! submitted by The Razor
- Weekly Standard – Smart Writing submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- P.J. O’Rourke – Of Thee I Sigh: Baby Boomers Bust submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Contentious Centrist – On Hypocrites and Double Standards submitted by Simply Jews
- Danger Room – Top U.S. General: We Don’t Know Why Afghan Troops Are Killing Us submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- FrontpageMag.com – A Disturbing Event: The American Conservative Union Embraces an Islamist submitted by The Right Planet
- Doug Ross – Urgent Memo for the Mayor of New Orleans submitted by VA Right!
- PowerLine – The Outside Story of the Obama Campaign submitted by Bookworm Room
- Jim Treacher/The Daily Caller – Obama pays tribute to Neil Armstrong, the only way he knows how submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Jennifer Rubin – Is the liberal echo chamber a trap? submitted by Gay Patriot
- Atlas Shrugs – Bulletin Of The Oppression Of Women submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Big Jolly Politics – Harris County Democrats: no diversity, no tolerance submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Iowahawk – Stars Get In Your Eyes submitted by The Watcher
- Raymond Ibrahim – Ramadan: Islam’s ‘Holy Month’ of Christian Oppression submitted by The Watcher