Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to the World Champion St. Louis Cardinals… for not having the word ‘quit’ in their vocabulary.
This week, Liberty’s Spirit, Crazy Bald Guy and Capitalist Preservation took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status.
You can too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post a comment with the link and title of the piece you want considered along with a mandatory e-mail address (which won’t be published) no later than Monday 6 PM PST to be considered for our honorable mention category, and then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – If This Were An Actual Test…
- The Political Commentator – The Obama Doctrine: Is $1.5 billion in U.S. aid to Egypt funding an Islamic fundamentalist ending to the “Arab Spring”?
- VA Right – Virginia Right! Blogger Visits Occupy Richmond and Is Shocked by What He Finds
- Joshuapundit – President Obama’s Latest Horror – A Trillion Dollar Timebomb For America’s Economy
- The Mellow Jihadi – New York City Snow Storm Scatters Flakes on Wall Street
- The Colossus of Rhodey – I’ve argued for this for years
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Doing Syria
- The Right Planet – Occupy Phoenix Flyer: ‘When Should You Shoot a Cop?’
- Right Truth – Not The Herman Cain They Know – Updates
- The Glittering Eye – Fair Incomes
- The Razor – The Faces Change, But the Roles Stay the Same
- Bookworm Room – If I were the mayor, I wouldn’t move the Occupy protesters one inch
- Rhymes With Right – We May Need To Use The Second Amendment To Defend The First Amendment And Free Elections From #OWS Crew
- New Zeal – Socialist Trumka Backs Wall Street Protesters
- Simply Jews – 10 Mind-Blowingly Offensive Quotes From Ron Paul Newsletters
- Liberty’s Spirit – Snow-Days versus Terror-Days
- Crazy Bald Guy – My Very First YouTube Video
- Capitalist Preservation – “Ehhhhhhh, what’s up Barack?”
- Merrill Matthews/Forbes – Obama: Campaigning Like It’s 1936 submitted by The Noisy Room
- Mychal Massie – Murdered border guards cry for justice from the grave submitted by The Political Commentator
- Borderland Beat – Attorney General in Mexico: 200 Murders Result of Operation Fast and Furious submitted by VA Right
- Gates of Vienna – Slavery and Jihad submitted by Joshuapundit
- Castra Praetoria – …and it was a little bit frightening… submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Buckhorn Road – “There is no sight quite so terrifying as ignorance in action” -Johann von Goethe submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- At War – A Complicated Close for U.S. in Iraq submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- American Thinker – The Parasite Left submitted by The Right Planet
- Wired Danger Room – New Afghan War Plan Concedes the Surge Fell Short submitted by Right Truth
- Kenneth Anderson/The Volokh Conspiracy – The Fragmenting of the New Class Elites, or, Downward Mobility submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Katie Pavlich/Townhall – Former Soviet Citizen Who Confronted Occupy Wall Street Speaks submitted by The Razor
- Powerline – Is global warming causing hurricanes submitted by Bookworm Room
- Big Jolly Politics – One Man’s Letter to the Young Protesters submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Pagan Temple – Susan Bradford And The Shocking Case Of John McCain And Jack Abramoff submitted by The Watcher
- Victor Davis Hanson – Obama’s Target List submitted by The Watcher
- Doug Ross – Smoking Gun: Document Found That Touched Off The Mortgage Meltdown submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!