Qatar Awareness Campaign – Miramax @StopQatarNow
QATAR AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
Harvey and Bob Weinstein
c/o Miramax Films
375 Greenwich St.
New York, NY 10013
Dear Harvey and Bob Weinstein:
This letter is being sent to you on behalf of the Qatar Awareness Campaign Coalition. The purpose is to inform you and the public of the activities of Qatar. The film company you founded, Miramax, is largely owned by the Qatar Investment Authority, the sovereign wealth fund operated by the Qatari state. Qatar has proven itself the primary sponsor of terror and genocide in the Middle East and North Africa.
In 2010, Disney sold Miramax to Filmyard Holdings, a joint investment group which included the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), private equity company Colony Capital and construction company Tutor-Saliba Corporation. QIA was the largest shareholder. In January 2013, Ron Tutor of Tutor-Saliba sold his stake in Miramax to the Qatar Investment Authority, leaving Miramax in the hands of Colony Capital and Qatar exclusively.
Although you two had left Miramax for a time, in December 2013 Miramax announced a 20 year deal with The Weinstein Company for “a multi-year co-production and co-distribution deal covering movies, TV and stage for titles in the Miramax library.” This reunites the company with its founders; and unites the Weinstein brothers, Miramax and Qatar – a prolific state sponsor of terrorism across North Africa and the Middle East – in one corporate entity.
So the public understands how conflicts of interests occur when terrorist financing commingles with Hollywood, here are some more facts concerning Miramax, Qatar, al Qaeda and other revolutionary and murderous movements:
- In 2010, the Weinstein Company, produced Miral, a movie about a Palestinian orphan. The film was criticized by many as pro-Palestinian/anti-Israel and the journalist Daniel Greenfield called it a “terrorist propaganda flick.”
- In 2004, Miramax released the Michael Moore film Fahrenheit 9/11, which pushed the specious idea that then-President George W. Bush was somehow involved with the September 11 attacks. It’s hard to imagine a better piece of terrorist propaganda and disinformation.
- Miramax has a history of distributing films by the Spanish director Pedro Almodovar. Miramax distributed two of Almodovar’s movies in the early 1990s, Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! and High Heels.
- One of Almodovar’s actresses for a period of time was Maria Ayuso. This “chica Almodovar” later married Abu Dahbah, the Al Qaeda mastermind of the Madrid train bombings in 2004.
- Abu Dahbah was also acquainted with Abu Musab al-Suri, a Syrian who once resided in Spain and one of the most prolific authors of jihad for Al Qaeda.
Additionally, Qatar is involved in Taliban narcotics trafficking through a relationship with the Pakistani National Logistics Cell and profits from operating a virtual slave state. The Arab Spring, a Qatari and American-backed program to install Islamists across the Middle East and North Africa, has led to a veritable diplomatic “ crisis” with Israel. John Kerry’s attempt to force Qatar’s (who backed Hamas) hatched peace terms on Israel, has caused the only democracy in the region to question America’s allegiance to their security.
The QAC Coalition and petitioners ask that you consider the attached sourced report on Qatar’s activities. The links cited are vetted and credible sources. We hope you take the time to verify the truth of the statements for yourself.
After doing so, the Coalition of the Qatar Awareness Campaign calls on you to exert due influence on the Qatari government and the Muslim Brotherhood to cease any type of involvement in all forms of Islamic terrorism, slavery, and drug trafficking!
Lt. Col. Allen B. West (US Army, Ret)
Frank J. Gaffney, Jr.
Center for Security Policy
Paul E Vallely, US Army (Ret)
Chairman, Stand Up America
New Zeal **
& the entire Qatar Awareness Campaign Coalition.
Qatar Research Report: http://www.stopqatarnow.com/p/research-report.html
Sign the Petition! Visit www.stopqatarnow.com
Facebook: Stop Qatar Now
** Select signatures as of 9/27. The Qatar Awareness Campaign Coalition is comprised of more than 25 journalists, national security experts, publishers, and independent researchers. To view all Coalition participants, please visit the Campaign’s website.