Watcher’s Council Nominations – Death And Taxes Edition
Ah… April is the cruelest month, they say. But if it is, nothing’s surer except that you’ll read about all of it right here like you will nowhere else.
Welcome to the inner sanctum of the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence anywhere. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the entire Council. Then we vote on the best two, with the results appearing on Friday in this very space.
This week’s contest is fondly dedicated to The Dark Lord… long may he continue to punish our enemies.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category and then return the favor by creating a post on your own site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – Hiding Behind Names
- The Political Commentator – North Korea Camp 14: Why rogue nations cannot be negotiated with!
- Joshuapundit – John Derbyshire And A Talk About Race
- Simply Jews – This is our dog, Peter Beinart!
- VA Right! – Tax Loopholes? Let’s End the Biggest Loophole of All – the “Earned” Income Tax Credit
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Pakistani Spring
- The Right Planet – The Obama-MSM Suicide Pact
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Obama makes an “uncharacteristic” gaffe — not like G.W. Bush
- Bookworm Room – The real threat that the Ann Romneys of the world represent to the statist Left
- Rhymes With Right – Who Is More in Touch With Average Woman – Ann Or Michelle?
- The Razor – Prescription Abuse and the Legalization of Illicit Drugs
- The Mellow Jihadi – An Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Korea, and Vietnam Vet
- The Glittering Eye – What’s Fair?
- Gay Patriot – Governments should leave us free to pursue happiness, not make its achievement a public policy goal
- The Independent Sentinel – Al-Qaeda Attorney Becomes Number Three Man in the DOJ
- Crime Victims Media Report – Al Sharpton: Why Doesn’t the Media Remember his “Whore” Moment?
- The Mental Recession – British Member of Parliament Puts $16 Million Bounty on President Obama, George Bush
- Right Truth – Anders Breivik Trial
- Sultan Knish – We Are All George Zimmerman submitted by The Noisy Room
- Family Security Matters – America and Titanic: A shared destiny? submitted by The Political Commentator
- Michael Totten – The Lost City submitted by Joshuapundit
- Harry’s Place – Ten Years Since Something That Never Happened: A Learning Moment for the Guardian submitted by Simply Jews
- Townhall/John Hawkins – The Seven Most Disturbing Moments So Far in Barack Obama’s Presidency submitted by VA Right!
- Free Range International – All Clear submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Right Scoop – The History of Political Correctness submitted by The Right Planet
- Truth Before Dishonor – Conservatives Understand Liberals submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Front Page Magazine/Bruce Bawer – Remembering Mike Wallace submitted by Bookworm Room
- Dr. Melissa Clouthier – War On Women Wisconsin Edition: Slut Shaming Is Okay When Feminists Do It submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Agitator – The Zimmerman Indictment: Reactions submitted by The Razor
- The Spirit Of Man – Sanction The Change submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- The Diplomad 2.0 – Summit of the Americas: A Typical Obama Disaster submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Against The Grain – Obama, Not Holding the Center An Us-Against-Them Message Won’t Work In A Center-Right Country submitted by Gay Patriot
- Breitbart.com – Obama Politicizes Trayvon For Latino Audiences submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- JewishMom.com – Their Second Childhood: A Visit with the Fogel Orphans submitted by The Watcher
- TNR/Eric Trager – The Muslim Brotherhood’s Mendacious Charm Campaign in Washington submitted by The Watcher