Texas Republican Congressman Will Hurd is a former CIA officer, and serves on the House Intelligence Committee, investigating Russian interference in the last elections. I don’t agree with him on everything he says, but he’s got Russia nailed.
From a CNN interview with Mark Preston
Hurd: Russia is our adversary. They are not our ally. The Russians, Vladimir Putin is very clear, he has one goal and that’s to re-establish the territorial integrity of the USSR. And he can’t do it militarily, he can’t do it economically, he has to use asymmetrical warfare and that means eroding the trust in democratic institutions. That’s the US That’s the EU. That’s NATO. And one of the issues, one of the ways that they do this is with disinformation or … covert influence operations. Which means we, the United States, have to have a counter-covert influence strategy, which we don’t have.
Preston: So you brought up Russia … I trust, as you have said, in these folks in the intelligence community [who say Russia tried to interfere in the US elections]. Is it frustrating when you don’t hear the White House really give a full-throated response behind that?
Hurd: I stand behind the intelligence community assessment of this as well. The Russians were trying to manipulate our elections. Now, did they impact the vote tallying machines? No. So, President Trump won the election fair and square, but that doesn’t change the fact that there was attempts of manipulation. The Russians have been doing this for decades in Europe, they’re doing it now and they are going to continue to do that. … I think it is frustrating when we allow the Russians to continue to win, and what do I mean by that? The Russians’ goal in their activity was to sow, was to drive a wedge, whether real or perceived, between the President, the intelligence community, and the American people. And by the discord that continues, that allows those goals to continue to be achieved.
In defending President Trump we must take care not to defend Putin or Russia. We should support the hardest possible line against the Putin regime.
Russia is America’s and President Trump’s number one enemy.
Go here for proof.
2 thoughts on “Texas Republican Congressman Will Hurd – Russia Is Our Enemy”
The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened”. – Norman Thomas US Presidential candidate, Communist Party USA
The following 45 goals for AMERICA are from “The Naked Communist:”
1. Develop the illusion that total disarmament would be a demonstration of moral strength.
2. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, and healthy.”
3. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Socialist/Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
4. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
5. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
6. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
7. Provide US aid to all nations regardless of Socialist/Communist domination.
8. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
9. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
10. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
11. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
12. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish RACIST aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
13. Grant recognition of Red China and admission to the UN.
14. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of promises in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under UN supervision.
15. Prolong conferences to ban atomic tests because US has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
16. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the UN
17. Promote the UN as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. Note number of Communist/Socialist countries existing today
18. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Socialist/Communist Party.
19. Do away with all loyalty oaths. Note attempts to delete God in many.
20. Continue giving Russia access to the US Patent Office.
21. Infiltrate one or both political parties in the United States.
22. Use courts to weaken basic American institutions claiming activities violate civil rights.
23. Get control of the schools, teachers’ associations and textbooks. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum.
24. Gain control of student newspapers.
25. US acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
26. US willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
27. Use students to foment public protests against programs, individuals or organizations under Communist/Socialist attack. Chief of Police not being able to talk about “stop & frisk” Q&A.
28. Infiltrate press, book-review assignments, editorial writing, and policymaking positions.
29. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
30. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. “Eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.” Note all the weird shapes all over nation.
31. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.” Remember Christ in urine piece?
32. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.”
33. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, health care, etc.
34. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Socialist/Communist apparatus.
35. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
36. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions. Check backgrounds of leaders.
38. Infiltrate and gain control of big business. Check backgrounds of founders.
39. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat]. Check out “civilian” police force. See DHS on this.
40. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Socialist/Communist goals.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents. “Need a village to raise children.” Clinton
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use “united force” to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal. Carter gave Canal away.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the US cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.