Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week, Simply Jews, The Gates Of Vienna and Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Noisy Room – Obama Strangles the Monroe Doctrine and Embraces Latin Dictatorships, Communists and Fascists
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Touchy Turkey
- Joshuapundit – A Change In The Weather – Looking At The Current GOP Field
- The Right Planet – RFRA Madness!
- Bookworm Room – Are members of our military the most romantic people in America?
- VA Right! – If Presidential Candidates were Hairstyles Hillary Would Be a Mullet
- The Independent Sentinel – U.N.-Led EPA Condemns Congress for Interfering With Their Fiats
- The Glittering Eye –Our Lousy Tax System
- Nice Deb – Daaaang: Dems and Repubs Strike Deal to Ensure Congressional Role in Iran Deal
- Rhymes With Right – Effort To Censor Pro-Military, Pro-American Film Nearly Succeeds At Michigan
- The Razor – Gay Married Couples Subject to the Marriage Penalty
- Ask Marion – GOP Has Great Hopefuls… Needs Strategy
- Don Surber – Chelsea Called Secret Service Pigs?
- Simply Jews – Why Israel’s a magnet for foreign journalists
- Gates Of Vienna – The Senate Stands up to Obama on Iran
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – The Obama Administration’s Nonproliferation Hypocrisy
- Mark Steyn – Treason and Corruption submitted by The Noisy Room
- The National Review Editors – Marco Rubio Has the Right Ideas, and More submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Andrew McCarthy – Obama’s Iran ‘Framework’ Is a Chimera submitted by Joshuapundit
- Alan Caruba/Warning Signs – Only Fools Trust Obama or the Iranians submitted by The Right Planet
- Mitch Ginsburg/Times of Israel – How I learned to stop loving Obama and worry about the bomb submitted by Bookworm Room
- Judicial Watch – ISIS Camp a Few Miles from Texas, Mexican Authorities Confirm submitted by VA Right!
- Daniel Greenfield/ FrontPage Mag – Judge accuses little girl of racism for fearing black men after armed robbery submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Austin Bay – Obama’s Iran Understanding: The Verifiable Facts submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Jack Cashill/American Thinker – Hasn’t Al Sharpton Heard of Waco? submitted by Nice Deb
- Maureen Mullarkey/First Things – RFRA And My Wedding Ring submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Reason.Com – What Does Hillary Clinton Stand For? submitted by The Razor
- Brad Heath/USA Today – U.S. Secretly Tracked Billions of Calls for Decades submitted by Ask Marion
- Andrew Malcolm – Rubio: ‘We must change the decisions we are making by changing the people making them’ submitted by Don Surber
- Powerline – The Crusades Haven’t Been In The News Lately submitted by The Watcher
- Brett Stephens/WSJ – Hillary and the Liberal Way of Lying submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that! And don’t forget to tune in Friday for the results!