The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up.
Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran…should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth. – CAIR co-founder Omar Ahmad
Mohamed Akram, explained that the Brotherhood “must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and Allah’s religion is made victorious over all other religions. – Robert Spencer, Muslim Brotherhood in America
This week’s winning essay, The Noisy Room’s – The Muslim Brotherhood Calls For “A Long, Uncompromising Jihad” In Egypt After Meeting With US State Department, is a well written account showing yet again how the Obama Administration empowers and supports Islamists at every turn. Here’s a slice:
It couldn’t be more obvious to me that Obama and his Administration are in bed with the Muslim Brotherhood. This past week, they held a confab at the State Department concerning their ongoing efforts to oppose the current government of President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi of Egypt, who rose to power following the overthrow of Mohamed Morsi, an ally of the Brotherhood, in 2013. And that just pissed Obama off to no end. Not hard to tell where his allegiances lie and they certainly aren’t with Israel.
Waleed Sharaby, who is a secretary-general of the Egyptian Revolutionary Council and a spokesman for Judges for Egypt, a group reported to have close ties to the Brotherhood, posed for a selfie in front of the State Department emblem while showcasing the Muslim Brotherhood Rabia four-finger sign. The caption under the pic says, “Now in the U.S. State Department. Your steadfastness impresses everyone.” The sign is named after Rabia Square in Cairo, where a large anti-coup sit-in was held for about forty days before it was dispersed. The sign is meant to express solidarity with the thousands wounded, killed and burnt by the Egyptian army during the dispersal and persistence of the anti-coup movement, whereas pro-coup activists, figures and media consider the sign to be a terrorist sign. Or should that be called an ‘armed insurgent’ sign since we are not allowed to call the Muslim Brotherhood, the Taliban or CAIR the scum bag terrorists they are? Confusing, huh? Only certain terrorists are actually terrorists according to Obama. Only the ones he doesn’t snuggle with. Actually, doing away with the word ‘terrorist’ altogether is straight out of CAIR’s playbook. Radical Islamists of a feather and all that.
The delegation not only included Sharaby, it also had on board Gamal Heshmat, a leading member of the Brotherhood and Abdel Mawgoud al-Dardery, a Brotherhood member who served as a parliamentarian from Luxor as part of its makeup. Maha Azzam, who was also part of the delegation, proclaimed that the talks were ‘fruitful.’ Yeah, I bet they were. Azzam was speaking at the Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy (CSID). This is yet another group accused of having close ties to the Brotherhood. Azzam also declared that the State Department expressed openness to engagement. Quoi? Engage in what precisely? So, does this mean that the Brotherhood is now just another arm of our State Department? It’s sure beginning to look that way.
Any fool can see that Obama is still supporting putting the Muslim Brotherhood in power in Egypt and wants al-Sisi dealt with and gone. State Department officials would not comment on the content of the talks, several of which consisted of public get-togethers (by invitation) in Maryland and Virginia last week. I’m sure they had cocktails, while discussing the ouster of al-Sisi and the destruction of Israel.
From Patrick Poole:
Patrick Poole, a terrorism expert and national security reporter, said the powwow at the State Department could be a sign that the Obama administration still considers the Brotherhood politically viable, despite its ouster from power and a subsequent crackdown on its members by Egyptian authorities.
“What this shows is that the widespread rejection of the Muslim Brotherhood across the Middle East, particularly the largest protests in recorded human history in Egypt on June 30, 2013, that led to Morsi’s ouster, is not recognized by the State Department and the Obama administration,” Poole said.
“This is a direct insult to our Egyptian allies, who are in an existential struggle against the Muslim Brotherhood, all in the pursuit of the mythical ‘moderate Islamists’ who the D.C. foreign policy elite still believe will bring democracy to the Middle East,” Poole said.
Two days after the delegation meeting, the Muslim Brotherhood called for “a long, uncompromising Jihad” in Egypt. They released an official statement calling on their supporters to “prepare” for Jihad, according to an independent translation of the statement first posted on Tuesday.
In typical Muslim Brotherhood fashion, the releases in Arabic and English contradicted each other. Look to the Arabic translation for their true intentions. The English release is propagandic taqiyya for the infidels and nothing but lies:
A call for “a long, unrelenting Jihad” appeared on the Brotherhood’s Arabic language website Tuesday. The statement, first reported Friday by the Washington Free Beacon’s Adam Kredo, starts by invoking a passage from the Quran: “And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of God and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know but whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of God will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.”
On its English language website Friday, the Brotherhood struck a dramatically different tone in an article in which it “Reiterates Commitment to Non-Violence.”
The English posting says Brothers who stray from non-violence “no longer belong in the Brotherhood, and the group no longer accepts them, no matter what they do or say.”
Much more at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Michael Totten with a great piece in the City Journal – Chris Kyle wasn’t a savage; he killed savages., submitted by Joshuapundit. The film “American Sniper” seems to have sparked a visceral reaction in the Left, regardless of whatever cinematic or artistic merits it might or might not have. Michael Totten, as usual, cuts to the very bone of the matter. Recommended.
Here are this week’s full results. Only Ask Marion was unable to vote this week, but was not subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty for not voting:
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes! – The Noisy Room – The Muslim Brotherhood Calls For “A Long, Uncompromising Jihad” In Egypt After Meeting With US State Department
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Bookworm Room – Neo-Paganism is sweeping the First World – and that’s a bad thing *UPDATED*
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit – Breaking: NYT Admits Obama Deliberately Manufactured Netanyahu Spat
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Right Planet – Man In The Mirror
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – Nice Deb – Don’t Trust Do Verify: Questioning Corrupt and Politicized Climate Science
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – Ask Marion – Washington Times’ Bombshell Tapes Confirm Citizen Commission’s Findings on Benghazi
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – VA Right! – CCRC Chairman Don Williams Jeopardizing the GOP Committee’s Tax Exempt Status
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – Saving a man or Aaron Dover on my couch
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – Obama Decries Decision That Keeps Government From Limiting Political Speech, Activity
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Foreign Policy Vacuum
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – In Which I Learn That I Am Not a Liberal
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Michael Totten/City Journal – Chris Kyle wasn’t a savage; he killed savages. submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage Mag – The Ghosts of Auschwitz in the Muslim World submitted by The Noisy Room
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Anne’s Opinions – Yemen insurgency shows the danger of the lack of a coherent US Middle East strategy submitted by Simply Jews
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – James Delingpole/Breitbart – Forget Climategate: this ‘global warming’ scandal is much bigger submitted by Nice Deb
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Jim Clifton/Gallup – The Big Lie: 5.6% Unemployment submitted by The Watcher
- Fourth place with 1 vote – Seth Mandel/Commentary – Scott Walker Rejects Your Premise submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – The Belmont Club – Learning To Hate submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – James Lewis/American Thinker – Obama Is Openly Colluding with the Enemy submitted by The Right Planet
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Anka Pandit/The Diplomat – ISIS-Taliban Turf War in Afghanistan? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Reason Blog – 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended for Using Lord of the Rings Magic on Fellow Student submitted by Rhymes with Right
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the week’s nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere and you won’t want to miss it… or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.