Whether its war in Syria or Libya or Lebanon or Iraq, illegal migration, those whom shall be targeted by the IRS or the wonders of climate change, Our Dear Leader has the answer, with no need to consult anyone or anything, especially not Congress. He has, in his wisdom, the phone, the pen and the executive order to cut through the senseless blather of a Constitution written by old dead white men.
The people have spoken (more or less). Down with the Republic and on to the new age of pottage, food stamps, idleness and the absolute rule of our elite Progressive betters!
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week, Seraphic Secret and The Pirate’s Cove earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Noisy Room – The Bear And The Dragon Encircle The Eagle
- The Independent Sentinel – Dem Congressman Says 40 ISIS Terrorists Have Returned to the US
- Rhymes With Right – When Educators Teach Students That The Constitution Does Not Apply To Them
- Joshuapundit – No Honor Among Thieves – Fatah Accuses Hamas of Stealing Millions in Gaza Aid
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Significant Strike
- The Razor – NFL – Not For Long
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Teach For America: Math is the ‘Domain of Old, White Men
- Bookworm Room – Socialized medicine and passive-aggressive genocide
- VA Right! – Republicans Missed a Golden Opportunity to gain Approval of Keystone Pipeline
- The Glittering Eye – Necessary
- The Right Planet – Obama’s Baffling ISIS Strategy
- Ask Marion – Republican-Controlled House Passes Continued Complete Funding for ObamaCare and Planned Parenthood
- Simply Jews – Gideon Levy: who shall I compare thee to?
- Nice Deb – Benghazi Annex Security Team Members Challenge Democrat Adam Schiff To A Debate (Video)
- Seraphic Secret – Obama: A Professional Diagnosis
- The Pirate’s Cove – Obama Looks To Stop Tax Inversions
- Sultan Knish – The Rationing Society submitted by The Noisy Room
- Gatestone Institute – Hamas and Fatah Already Fighting Over Gaza Funds submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran – Death Sentence for “Insulting the Prophet” on Facebook submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Angelo Codevilla/The Federalist – Washington’s Ruling Class Is Fooling Itself About The Islamic State submitted by Joshuapundit
- War News Updates – Are American Troops Already Fighting on the Front Lines in Iraq? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Roger Berkowitz/American Interest – Is America Coming Apart? submitted by The Razor
- The First Street Journal – Found On Facebook submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- James Lewis/American Thinker – The worldwide rise of sadistic political pathology submitted by Bookworm Room
- Daily Caller – Stingray Developer Misled FCC To Sell Cellphone Tracking Tech To Police submitted by VA Right!
- Matthew Barber/Syria Comment – If the U.S. Wanted To, It Could Help Free Thousands of Enslaved Yazidi Women in a Single Day submitted by The Glittering Eye
- NYR Blog – How al-Qaeda Changed the Syrian War submitted by The Right Planet
- All American Blogger – Why Is No One Bringing Up This Common Denominator In The NFL Domestic Violence Stories? submitted by Nice Deb
- Blazing Cat Fur – UK: Work with extremist Islamic groups, says expert submitted by The Watcher
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – The Rape Epidemic Is a Fiction submitted by The Watcher
- Phyllis Schlafly – The Liberal Newcomers submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that! And don’t forget to tune in Friday for the results!