Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week, Ask Marion, The Blue Ridge Forum, The Pirate’s Cove and The Independent Sentinel earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- Liberty’s Spirit – New York City: Melting Pot or Plantation
- The Noisy Room – New York Gets The Communist Leader It Deserves
- Rhymes With Right – Archdiocese Of New York Explains What’s Wrong With ObamaCare Birth Control Mandate Intransigence
- Joshuapundit – Al-Qaeda Wins A Major Victory Over The Iraqi Army
- Simply Jews – PressTV, Gordon Duff and Quenelle
- The Political Commentator – An Amsterdam good time is giving beer to alcoholics!
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Merely saying “I’m not gay” isn’t enough
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Losing Iraq
- The Right Planet – All Incandescent Light Bulbs Declared Enemies of the State
- Bookworm Room – Solidarity with the nuns — a tipping point moment?
- Nice Deb – Video: Priests for Life Wins Emergency Relief From HHS mandate
- The Glittering Eye – Chicago’s Public Pension Problem
- VA Right! – Obamacare Targets Women: Pregnant Women Forced to Pay In Full BEFORE Delivery
- The Razor – The Entitlement Mindset
- The Mellow Jihadi – Business ethics & credibility BZ…
- Ask Marion – Election 2014 and 2016… All Sewn-Up or the Battle(s) for Americas Life
- Blue Ridge Forum – Stop The President’s Lawlessness Before It Stops Us
- The Pirate’s Cove – Good Grief: Cold Weather Events More Likely Due To “Climate Change”
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama Administration’s Hostile Takeover of the Little Sisters of the Poor
- Sandra Stotsky/WSJ – Common Core Doesn’t Add Up to STEM Success submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Matthew Vadum/FrontPage Mag – Comrade De Blasio Takes Over submitted by The Noisy Room
- Red State – Why Faith submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Powerline – Rachel Maddow Is Crazy, Too submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Sad Red Earth – Wrong on Both Counts: Academic Boycotts and Israel submitted by Simply Jews
- American Thinker – Leftist Jew-Hatred: From Marx to Dieudonne submitted by The Political Commentator
- National Affairs – The Brooklyn Burkeans submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- War On The Rocks – It’s an Anbar Thing submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Bleeding Heart Libertarians – Immigration, Eugenics, and the Minimum Wage submitted by The Right Planet
- Andrew McCarthy/NRO – Down the Times’ Benghazi Rabbit Hole submitted by Bookworm Room
- John Sexton, The Conversation – Now It Can Be Told: Obamacare Paves the Way for Single Payer submitted by Nice Deb
- Sean Davis/The Federalist – “Sorry, Comrade, But You Didn’t Just Discover The Secret To Making Communism Work” submitted by The Glittering Eye
- The Other McCain – Al Gore and the Big Climate Lie submitted by VA Right!
- Megan McArdle – Another Problem Obamacare Won’t Solve: Health Costs submitted by The Razor
- JustOneMinute – Obama Quit In Afghanistan submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!