Happy birthday, Mr. President. You have no idea how much we miss you.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
First off, Happy Birthday to our esteemed colleague, New Zeal’s Trevor Loudon. Let’s all hoist a tinny out of the esky in his honor… many more!
This week, Crazy Bald Guy, Maggie’s Notebook, The Independent Sentinel and Capitalist Preservation took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- Joshuapundit – Glorifying Evil
- Simply Jews – Tehran: HOT under the collar
- The Political Commentator – Obama: Are Jews finally catching on?
- The Noisy Room – On the Road to Armageddon – Moving Ragnarok to the Middle East
- VA Right! – For Unto Whom Much is Given
- Bookworm Room – The Narcissistic Mindset of Today’s World
- The Mellow Jihadi – Slab City, Navy Town
- Rhymes With Right – Is The Tea Party Dead?
- The Glittering Eye – Where the Wheel Hits the Road on Education
- The Razor – Automate This – The Nature of Work in the 21st Century
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Little Satan Paradox
- The Right Planet – Video: Obama Opposed Super-PACs, Before He Was for Them
- The Colossus of Rhodey – An “advocate” speaks
- New Zeal – “Iran’s Latin America Ties Pose Threat to US”
- Crazy Bald Guy – Mitt vs. Newt
- Maggie’s Notebook – Obama Blames Founders: He Can’t Force Congress: Founders Make it Difficult
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama Signed the Anti-Counterfeiting Treaty & Ceded Internet Rights to the UN
- Capitalist Preservation – Attention Christians: Barack Obama is on your side
- Niall Ferguson – Israel and Iran on the Eve of Destruction in a New Six-Day War submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sad Red Earth – ‘Israel Firster’: Anatomy of a Smear submitted by Simply Jews
- World Net Daily/Reza Kahlili – Ayatollah: Kill all Jews, annihilate Israel submitted by The Political Commentator
- Sultan Knish – A Tale of Two Republican Parties submitted by The Noisy Room
- Big Jounalism – Credit Where It’s Due: Tablet Calls Out Media Matters, Center for American Progress, J Street on Antisemitism submitted by VA Right!
- Michael Ramirez – “We’re behind you 100%” submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Chicago Boyz – To the Lifeboats submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- The Economic Collapse Blog – If The Economy Is Improving… submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The People’s Cube – The Teachings of Jesus and Obama: A Reference Chart submitted by The Glittering Eye
- James Delingpole – How Green Zealots Are Destroying The Planet submitted by The Razor
- ZenPundit – Nagl: “COIN is not Dead!” submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Natural Born Conservative – Manipulation 201: Playing With Unemployment submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Now Lebanon – Egypt’s Christians, post-Mubarak submitted by The Watcher
- Armed Forces Journal – Truth, lies and Afghanistan submitted by The Watcher
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali – The Global War on Christians in the Muslim World submitted by The Watcher
- Seraphic Secret – Three Notable War Movies submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!
1 thought on “Watcher’s Council Nominations – The Gipper’s Edition”
Reagan’s dead for God’s sake and no one’s going to take his place. Congress never quit spending even after Reagan’s tax cuts were passed, and THIS IS WHY WE’RE IN DEEP SHIT TODAY!!
If the problem of congress is never addressed, it doesn’t matter who is president.
Get real, wake up.
The debt clock represents money that is earned by US citizens and corporations that is stolen from them and spent by the US congress.
Do something about limiting congressional ability to tax and spend, and you will have accomplished something.
Stop dream about a return to Reagan. Ain’t gonna happen. It shows that you’re over the hill and irrelevant.