Watcher’s Council Nominations – Mr. Rand Goes To Washington Edition
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated fondly to Senators Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Marco Rubio and Ron Wyden… for remembering what it’s all about.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have on the menu this week…
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Do We Need Overseers To Make Sure We Don’t Destroy Ourselves?
- The Noisy Room – Beware the Droids of March
- The Political Commentator – CPAC 2013 Has Been Cancelled!
- Simply Jews – North Korea: The mistake of Lieutenant Novichenko
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Leading From The Shadows
- Rhymes With Right – What The Real Question Is In The Voting Rights Act Case
- Bookworm Room – Porn, comedy, and an increasingly jaded culture (but don’t give up all hope)
- The Glittering Eye – Why Hybrids and EVs Are No Solution
- VA Right! – Sequestration Pain: Necessary Service Reductions or Obama Temper Tantrum?
- Joshuapundit – New Egyptian Law Allows Unrestricted ‘Citizen’s Arrests’ Of Foreign Tourists
- Gay Patriot – Why didn’t Candy (Crowley) follow up with Nancy (Pelosi)?
- The Mellow Jihadi – A Navy Sailor Gets His Shots!
- The Razor – What If The Experts Are Wrong About North Korea?
- The Right Planet – 1.6 Billion Rounds of Ammo? 2,700 Armored Vehicles? For Homeland Security? Can We Talk?
- Ask Marion – Gabby Giffords’ Husband Buys AR-15
- Crazy Bald Guy – Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.
- The Pirate’s Cove – Socialist Worker Not A Big Fan Of Cap And Rebate AGW Scheme
- Buckhorn Road – Vice President Biden transitions from stupid to dangerously stupid submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Mark Steyn – Drones too convenient to keep overseas submitted by The Noisy Room
- FOX Health – Dr. Manny: I am completely against this new medical death test submitted by The Political Commentator
- The Passing Parade – The Rhinoceros, a meditation on theft and the modern world submitted by Simply Jews
- Tea Leaf Nation – Is the ‘China Dream’ Really a ‘Strong Military Dream’? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Hot Air – Trending: Sin tax proposals on guns and ammunition submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Jerusalem Post/The Warped Mirror – Who will tell the truth about the Masharawi tragedy? submitted by Bookworm Room
- Jeffrey Sachs/The Huffington Post – Professor Krugman and Crude Keynesianism submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Canada Free Press – The Obama chronicles: The deceptions, the murders and continuing ObamaGov terrorism submitted by VA Right!
- Victor Davis Hanson – Explaining the Inexplicable submitted by Joshuapundit
- Right Turn by Jennifer Rubin – Obamas approval sinking, for good reason submitted by Gay Patriot
- The Adaptive Curmudgeon’s Blog – A Beautiful Sequestration Quote submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Powerline – New Study Finds Firearms Laws Do Nothing to Prevent Homicides submitted by The Razor
- Freedom’s Outpost – John Brennan Sworn In On Constitution Without Bill Of Rights, Not Bible submitted by The Right Planet
- Gates Of Vienna – What May Not be Said in Britain submitted by The Watcher
- Michael Totten – The North is Ready to Blow submitted by The Watcher