Watcher’s Council Nominations – Post New Year’s Eve Edition
The New Year is upon us and the taxman cometh! Best wishes from all of us for a prosperous happy and healthy 2013, and here’s hoping the current antics of the people we voted for to watch the store haven’t totally knocked the holiday spirit out of you!
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
First off, congrats to Bookworm Room for winning the title of Conservative Blogress Diva in Waiting in the The Grande Conservative Blogress Diva competition.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then, just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. Pretty cool, eh?
So, let’s take a look at what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – When the lights go out in America
- The Colossus of Rhodey – More media hypocrisy on guns
- The Political Commentator – God, country, family, party and partisan politics!
- Joshuapundit – Let’s Give Up on the Constitution!
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Velayet 91
- The Right Planet – Musings About The Trees
- Simply Jews – Dmitri Yakovlev bill – the cannibal’s mistake
- The Glittering Eye – We Have a Social Disease
- The Mellow Jihadi – Corporals of the United States Marine Corps
- The Razor – Alinksy Tactics Used Against Legal Gun Owners
- VA Right! – Betrayed! Only 5 Republican Senators Voted ‘NO!’ to a Tax Increase
- The Independent Sentinel – Tax Ammo As If It Were Cigarettes
- Rhymes With Right – When The Free Press Advocates For Abrogating Rights, Suppressing Speech, And Murdering Dissenters
- Bookworm Room – Found it on Facebook: a story about a mass murder that didn’t happen
- Gay Patriot – Now that they’ve raised taxes on the wealthiest Americans, what is the Democrats’ plan to address nation’s debt crisis?
- Liberty’s Spirit – I Support the Pro-Israel Lobby: Bring it on Bitches
- Right Truth – Obama Hammers and Sickles America – Obama’s Coup: The final chapter
- Tina Trent – Naomi Wolf, Aaron Greene and Morgan Gliedman: Retro Radical Chic
- The Pirate’s Cove – Bummer: Some Dealers Say “Nyet!” To Carrying Chevy Fuego, Er, Volt
- Sultan Knish – First Plane Out Of Benghazi submitted by The Noisy Room
- Cato@Liberty – The Stephen Glass Problem in Intelligence Oversight submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sultan Knish – Someone Else Will Pay submitted by The Political Commentator
- Dave Barry – Dave Barry’s Year in Review 2012 submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Diplomat – A Frightening Prospect: War in the East China Sea submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- ConservativeDailyNews.com – The Climate of Fear & Powerlessness submitted by The Right Planet
- Jonathan Spyer – A Nation Once Again? submitted by Simply Jews
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Extra-constitutional power is what they’ve always wanted (Update — blaming those ancient “white dudes”) submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Too Young To Be A Curmudgeon – You Better Think About It Before You Start Packing submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Mike Hunt – Demand A Plan? Demand Celebrities Go F*ck Themselves [Extended Cut] submitted by The Razor
- Shark Tank – Allen West Calls Senate ‘Fiscal Cliff’ Compromise “Illogical and Disrespectful” To Americans submitted by VA Right!
- Doug Ross – President Obama’ Fiscal Cliff Olive Branch To The GOP: “You Get Nothing” submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Bob Owens – What You’ll See In The Rebellion submitted by Rhymes with Right
- P.J. O’Rourke – Dear Mr. President, Zero-Sum Doesn’t Add Up submitted by The Watcher
- NRO Symposium – Crystal Ball 2013:Looking ahead submitted by The Watcher