Watcher’s Council Nominations – Summer Trip Edition
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to Bob Costas. Just because.
First off I want to share with you an excellent video made by our own multi-talented Tom White over at Virginia Right!, who’s working on getting George Allen re-elected to the Senate:
This week, The Pirate’s Cove, Ask Marion, Maggie’s Notebook and Appellate Sky took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some killer pieces they submitted.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category.
Then, just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week after it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
sigh… those Watcher’s Council entries just do something special to me…
OK, without further ado let’s see what we have this week…
- The Right Planet – Obama’s Islamic Agenda
- The Noisy Room – Romney Tells Israel: “You Built That!”
- The Independent Sentinel – U.S. Fast Becoming A Totalitarian State While the Media Ignores the Story
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The difference is coercion
- The Political Commentator – Is the Cold War being reheated by the Russians?
- Joshuapundit – The Obama Media And The Unbelievably Negative Coverage Of Mitt Romney’s Trip
- Simply Jews – Hungary: still too many Jews there, it seems
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Little Satan Factor
- Gay Patriot – Emmanuel Goldsteins Chicken Chain
- VA Right! – Obama: “I got Bin Laden BUT YOU didn’t Build that Business”
- The Glittering Eye – Acceptable Owners Only, Please (Updated)
- Rhymes With Right – Effete WaPo Columnist Fears Americans Will Believe It Isn’t Racist To Vote Against Obama
- The Razor – Break Up the Banks and Unleash the Future of Capitalism
- The Mellow Jihadi – A Marine Corps Mom Writes to Dear Abby
- Bookworm Room – More random observations from Japan
- Pirate’s Cove – Warmist May Not Have Children Because Of Globull Warming Fears
- Maggie’s Notebook – DOJ Top Appointees Stopped New Black Panther Voter Intimidation Prosecution – Must Pay Attorney Fees
- Appellate Sky – Prying My Insurance Card From My Cold Dead Hands: My Totally Rational Opposition to Obamacare
- Ask Marion – Must Reads Before Election 2012
- Daily Caller – Book says U. of Chicago Medical Center VP bribed Jeremiah Wright submitted by The Right Planet
- Sultan Knish – Invaders from Outer Space submitted by The Noisy Room
- Vision To America – NY Mag: Hitting Obama for You Didn’t Build That Is Racist submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Tablet – The Diplomat of Shoah History submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Townhall/Bruce Bialosky – Obama’s Second Term submitted by The Political Commentator
- Guri Weinberg – Why the IOC Will Never Memorialize The ’72 Munich Massacre submitted by Joshuapundit
- Richard Millett’s Blog – The cowardly Zionism of Jonathan Freedland. submitted by Simply Jews
- Danger Room Wired – Air Forces Mega-Bunker-Buster Bomb Is Finally Ready submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Da Techguy’s Blog – Can we stop calling the Washington Post a “newspaper” now? submitted by Gay Patriot
- Shark Tank – Wasserman Schultz Waiting for “More Favorable Political Environment” to Roll Back Gun Rights submitted by VA Right!
- Gene Expressions/Discover Magazine – We are all Anglo-Saxons now submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Big Jolly Politics – Doug Weiskopf: A Modest Proposal submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Breitbart.com – Does Obama Think U.S. Troops Use AK-47′s? submitted by The Razor
- TigerHawk – Should we bring back Congressional junkets? submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Daled Amos – World Bank Wakes Up To The Fact That A Palestinian State Is Not Economically Feasible submitted by The Watcher
- Paul Weston/Gates of Vienna – Olympic Opening Ceremony Hijacked by Far Left submitted by The Watcher