Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week’s contest is dedicated to the next congressman representing the great State of Virginia’s 7th District, Dave Brat. Kudos!
The Council In Action!!
* Bookworm Room’s article Rand Paul Defends Constitution – Mounts Filibuster Against Drone Use *UPDATED*, was cited over at World Net Daily by Nat Hentoff.
* Debra Heine over at Nice Deb has a great new piece up at Breitbart, Report: WH Orchestrated Campaign of Threats and Intimidation Against Servicemen to Keep Them Quiet About Bergdahl.
This week, MidKnight Review, The Pirate’s Cove and Maggie’s Notebook earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an email address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- Liberty’s Spirit – Isolation as Personal Policy
- The Noisy Room – Ted Cruz: Blacklisted and Loving It — Right Into The White House
- The Independent Sentinel – EPA’s Most significant Private Property Grab in US History Is Imminent
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Stupid Shiz
- VA Right! – Predicting Tomorrow’s Dave Brat/Eric Cantor Primary Race
- Joshuapundit – Obama Is Aiding And Abetting Jihad Against The West – In Syria
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The Continuing Misunderstanding of Heinlein’s “Starship Troopers”
- The Right Planet – Thrilling The Taliban
- Nice Deb – Krauthammer Raises Possibility of “Witness Tampering” At German Hospital Where Bergdahl Is Being Treated
- The Razor – On Bergdahl’s Repatriation
- Rhymes With Right – Damn Do I Hate Book Snobs!
- The Glittering Eye – The World Doesn’t Stand Still
- Ask Marion – Cloward-Piven at Our Border…
- Simply Jews – Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust – a charity for would be martyrs?
- Bookworm Room – The 70th Anniversary of D-Day
- MidKnight Review – With two and half years remaining, Obama (again) declares that his presidency is all about………him and an illusionary legacy strategy we can call “manifest utopian fantasy.”
- Maggie’s Notebook – Reality
- The Pirate’s Cove – Obama Suggests Banning All Automatic And Semi-automatic Weapons
- Mark Steyn – A Non-Debating Society submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Michelle Malkin – Exclusive: The story you haven’t yet heard about Bowe Bergdahl’s desertion submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sultan Knish – The Long March Through The Republican Party submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- World Views/WAPO – Why The Pakistani Taliban Is Winning submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Conservative Tribune – Issa: IRS Illegally Gave Taxpayer Data to Holder to PROSECUTE Conservatives submitted by VA Right!
- Richard Baehr/PJ Media – Obama Thinks He Has It Rough Now? submitted by Joshuapundit
- Douglas Ernst – Chuck Dixon and Paul Rivoche call out an industry filled with moral relativists like Dan Slott submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Israel National News – Saving Sgt. Bergdahl: Allah in the Rose Garden submitted by The Right Planet
- Ace Of Spades HQ – New York Times Editorial Board: Republican Psychopaths are Smearing Bowe Bergdahl submitted by Nice Deb
- Reason.Com – We Should Ignore Michelle Obama submitted by The Razor
- Fantastical Andrew Fox – Post-War Lives of the Civil War Monitors submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Walter Russell Mead/The American Interest – Groping For A Reset submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Chad Felix Greene/American Thinker – Conservative Feminism: Truly Empowering Women submitted by Ask Marion
- Crime And Consequences – The Coming Bergdahl Pardon submitted by Bookworm Room
- Michael Totten – The Battle for the South China Sea submitted by The Watcher
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Three Strikes Against U.S. support for Fatah-Hamas Unity Agreement submitted by The Watcher
- KausFiles – Notes on Cantormageddon submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!
1 thought on “Watcher’s Council Nominations – Borders? What Borders? Edition”
Don’t count Dave Brat’s chickens yet. I would bet even money that the Republican establishment sabotages his effort even if it means a Democrat gets elected. No! You say. Well watch and see…