Mark Ritchie File 3 here
Minnesota’s Secretary of State Mark Ritchie, has been supported by some very radical people.
A quick view through Ritchie’s 2006 supporters list highlights five main interrelated socialist organizations and one highly influential family.
- Communist Party USA Four prominent members of the Minnesota/Dakotas Communist Party appear on the list – not surprising given given Ritchie’s high level ties to this organization.
- Democratic Socialists of America The US’s largest Marxist organization is represented by several known members and supporters .
- Institute for Policy Studies One of the most influential far left organizations in America. Brian Crozier, director of the London-based Institute for the Study of Conflict , once described I.P.S. as the “perfect intellectual front for Soviet activities which would be resisted if they were to originate openly from the KGB.”
- New Party A radical party formed by Democratic Socialists of America and the Institute for Policy Studies in the early 1990s. Its most successful candidate has been Barack Obama. Mark Ritchie was an early New Party “builder”.
- Students for a Democratic Society The leading leftist student radical organization of the 1960s. many of its leaders went on to work through the Institute for Policy Studies and Democratic Socialists of America. The S.D.S. also spawned a terrorist offshoot, the Weather Underground.
Key 2006 Mark Ritchie supporters included;
- Gar Alperovitz A fellow of the Institute for Policy Studies and a long time Democratic Socialists of America affiliate
- Barbara Baran A Democratic Socialists of America member
- Ann Beaudry An Institute for Policy Studies affiliate
- Jeff Blum A former Students for a Democratic Society leader, linked to the violent Weatherman faction
- Jeremy Brecher A former Northwest regional organizer for Students for a Democratic Society. Brecher was also an Associate Fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington, D.C. and co-editor of Left Mailings, a radical pamphlet series
- Steve Cobble An Institute for Policy Studies official and New Party founder
- Pam Costain In 1976 Pam Costain of the Twin Cities Women’s Union attended the Weather Underground and Prairie Fire Organizing Committee organized National Hard Times Conference Jan 30 – Feb 1 at the University of Chicago
- Kate Ellis A member of Democratic Socialists of America and supporter of Feminists for Peace and Barack Obama
- Jeff Faux Long time Institute for Policy Studies and Democratic Socialists of America affiliate
- Mark Froemke A leading Minnesota labor unionist and member of the Minnesota/ Dakotas Communist Party USA
- Karen Hansen A one time member of the Feminist Commission of Democratic Socialists of America
- Mark Hertsgaard An Institute for Policy Studies affiliate, now a Fellow with George Soros’ Open Society Institute
- Adam Hochschild A Democratic Socialists of America and Progressives for Obama supporter
- Victor Honig A member of the Publishing Consortium of Chicago based Democratic Socialists of America linked journal In These Times
- Frances Moore Lappe Author, Democratic Socialists of America member and Institute for Policy Studies affiliate
- Eleanor LeCain Boston Democratic Socialists of America affiliate. LeCain has appeared on “Oprah’ with Michelle Obama
- Michael Lerner Rabbi and Democratic Socialists of America member. Active in the early 1970s with the Weather Underground affiliated Seattle Liberation Front
- Doris Marquit A leading member of the Minnesota/ Dakotas Communist Party USA
- Erwin Marquit A leading member of the Minnesota/ Dakotas Communist Party USA
- Carlin Meyer Active in the Harvard Students for a Democratic Society
- Peter Molenaar A leading member of the Minnesota/ Dakotas Communist Party USA
- Bernard Rapoport A former insurance company executive and Institute for Policy Studies
- Miles Rapoport A long time Democratic Socialists of America and Institute for Policy Studies affiliate. Active in the Harvard Students for a Democratic Society with Carlin Meyer
- Joel Rogers Long time Democratic Socialists of America affiliate and New Party founder
- Juliet Schor A Democratic Socialists of America member
- Ellen Shaffer A member of the Students for a Democratic Society initiated 1969 Venceremos Brigade to Cuba
- Jim Shoch A former Democratic Socialists of America national director
- Sarah Siskind The wife of Joel Rogers. A New Party founder and lawyer. Works for the Wisconsin office of Barack Obama’s old law firm Miner, Barnhill & Galland.
- Jonathan Soros The son of currency trader and financier of leftist causes, George Soros
- Jennifer Soros The wife of Jonathan Soros
- Dan Swinney labor unionist, New Party “builder” and and Progressives for Obama supporter
- Margery Tabankin An early Students for a Democratic Society leader in Wisconsin
- David Tilsen In 1976 Tilsen attended the Weather Underground and Prairie Fire Organizing Committee organized Hard Times Conference Jan 30 – Feb 1 at the University of Chicago
- Rand Wilson A Boston Democratic Socialists of America member
- Daphne Wysham A current Institute for Policy Studies trustee
Socialists and communists seldom support politicians who are not sympathetic to their cause.
Why would Mark Ritchie be supported by some of the most militant socialists in America, if they did not consider him one of them?
Mark Ritchie File 5 here
4 thoughts on “Mark Ritchie File 4 Minnesota S.O.S. Supported by Communists, Socialists and Soros Family”
FYI: I created the Seattle Liberation Front as an explicit opponent to the Weathermen and the Weath Underground. When J. Edgar Hoover and John Mitchell brought an indictment against me and 3 other SLF members, they also simultaneously indicted 4 Weathermen as part of an alleged conspiracy in the trial that became known as The Seattle Seven–a brilliant attempt to link me and the SLF to the Weathermen, brilliant because we stood trial together even though we couldn't stand each other precisely because I had formed SLF to oppose the Weathermen. So what exactly do you get out of falsely associating me with them? Also, I was never a member of the Democratic Socialists of America. I founded an organization called the New American Movement in the early 1970s, then left it and 9 years later it merged with the DSA. I spoke at the conference at which those two merged, but never was a member of DSA.
Seeing this distortion in the account, I caution other readers of this blog to recognize that the information here is completely unreliable!
–Rabbi Michael Lerner
There is hope and it will come today…………please Lord, help America and its citizens, even the ones who were led astray with their left wing ideology.
Anonymous, you are so insightful! I agree with you 100% and I hope the worst chamber in hell has Soros' name on it!
Brought to you by the clown who stole a seat for Al Franken-stein.
I no longer drink but the day Soros dies I may.I know hell is all warmed up for him and his cronies.I don't get Gays or Commies but Gay is between them and God,not for me to judge, but Communism IS between Them and Us and it is Satanic to the core,religion for the godless if you will.Once an apple starts to rot I've yet to see it stop.