Watcher’s Council Nominations: Turkeys With Two Left Wings Edition
That time of year is here again and all of us here at the Watcher’s Council wish you and yours a simply wonderful Thanksgiving… with the exception of the turkey-in-chief pictured above.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing here on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to that eminent Marxist, Harpo… honk, honk!
First and foremost, hearty congrats to our fellow Council mate Trevor Loudon of New Zeal for successfully sneaking into America, wowing the natives with a whirlwind book tour, scoring radio interviews and rave reviews from the likes of Glenn Beck and sending his new book Barack Obama And The Enemies Within to #87 on Amazon! Well done, bro!
This week, Liberty’s Spirit, Monkey In The Middle, Maggie’s Notebook, Tundra Tabloids and Capitalist Preservation took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title, a link to the piece you want considered, along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – Once They Own Your Kids, What’s Left?
- The Political Commentator – Congressional Super Committee – In the spirit of bipartisanship, I declare that ALL of these guys suck!
- Simply Jews – Professor LeVine, the UCI chameleon, strikes again
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Do these idiots even have the slightest clue what they write?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Aegypt Aflame
- Bookworm Room – Personal Morality And Responsibility
- The Right Planet – Drudge: ‘Eu: Water Does Not Hydrate’
- Joshuapundit – Egypt Explodes
- Rhymes With Right – Hey Girls — Equality Sucks, Doesn’t It
- Right Truth – Did you hear about the latest terrorist?
- The Glittering Eye – So What?
- VA Right! – Hey Republicans. It’s a Trap! Democrats Plan to Use Tax Increases to Win in 2012
- The Mellow Jihadi – Rhodes Scholar: Woody Allen and Mia Farrow’s Kid
- The Razor – The Case For Romney
- New Zeal – SEIU to Support Obama 2012 – But for What Price?
- Liberty’s Spirit – Honor Killings: Where is the Outrage?
- Maggie’s Notebook – Solyndra: $14.3M Federal Aid Approved Because China UnderCut Price of Solyndra Panels!
- Monkey In The Middle – Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You
- Crazy Bald Guy – The Cain Conundrum
- Tundra Tabloids – Norwegian Rap Band Claims It’s Not Anti-Semitic, Then Goes On To Prove it is
- Capitalist Preservation – Uh, yeah, Country music always comes to mind when I think of Michelle Obama: I Think He’s A Nancy Boy
- Michelle Malkin – Obama’s Half-Billion-Dollar Crony Drug Deal; Related non-shocker: SEIU endorses Obama submitted by The Noisy Room
- American Thinker – Islam Was Not For Me submitted by The Political Commentator
- The Last Exile – Massaging History submitted by Simply Jews
- Natural Born Conservative – National Debt Bomb | 1976 to 2011 submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Contentions – The Dangers of Post-Conflict States submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Maggie’s Farm – University of California President Protects OWSers But Not Jews submitted by Bookworm Room
- American Spectator – Heroes Forgotten, Lessons Unlearned submitted by The Right Planet
- Eli Lake – Israel’s Secret Iran Attack Plan: Electronic Warfare submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sister Toldjah – Los Angeles to #OccupyLA : ‘Please take this land in tribute and don’t hurt us!’ submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Blazing Cat Fur – The City Of Toronto’s Kaliphate Kabbie Kollege Of Islamic Knowledge submitted by Right Truth
- Watts Up With That – Climategate 2.0 emails – They’re real and they’re spectacular! submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Creeping Sharia – Obama’s Muslim Advisers Block Middle Eastern Christians’ Access to White House – submitted by VA Right!
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Wolf Blitzer’s Terrible Burden submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Via Meadia – Duke of Edinburgh Calls Wind Farms Useless submitted by The Razor
- Doug Ross – Weird Coincidence: Obama bundler Corzine got a range of regulatory “gifts” before his firm collapsed submitted by The Watcher
- New English Review/Bat Ye’or – The Palestinization of UNESCO submitted by The Watcher