Our Watcher’s Council Nominations – Hitting The Jackpot Edition
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
We regret to announce the departure of our friend Brent of The Right Planet, who resigned his seat on the Council and is taking a hiatus from writing to concentrate on other matters. We all wish him well and will miss him, although we look forward to him continuing to be a valued part of the Council community.
That also means that there is now a vacant seat on the Watcher’s Council. Interested parties should leave their site names and contact info (which of course won’t be published) in the comments section.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an email address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- Joshuapundit – The Clinton E-Mail Scandal And How It Will End
- Bookworm Room – The single most important election issue in 2016: The Constitution!
- Fausta’s Blog – Colombia: Good luck with the U.N. monitors
- Puma By Design – FDNY Comm Despatches Two Crews to Shovel His Walkway as the Rest of NYC Waits (Revised)to Get Plowed Out
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Audie Murphy Day
- The Daley Gator – Why YES, some cultures ARE better than others
- The Noisy Room – Ted Cruz: “We Have Got The Drudge Report,” The Mainstream Media “Stranglehold” Is Over
- VA Right! – Analysis: GOP Nominations 2008, 2012 and 2016 – Polls vs Actual Outcome + My Prediction
- The Independent Sentinel – White House Pushes for Tyranny in 2016
- The Razor – The Detectorists – An Unearthed Gem of British Comedy
- The Glittering Eye – Taking Sides
- Nice Deb – El Chapo Found With ‘Fast and Furious’ Rifle Capable of Taking Down Helicopter
- Angelo Codevilla/American Spectator – America’s Ruling Class – And The Perils of Revolution submitted by Joshuapundit
- Bruce Kessler/Maggie’s Farm – Ted Cruzsubmitted by Bookworm Room
- Mexidata – Argentina’s Ambitious New Security Plan shows Real Promise submitted by Fausta’s Blog
- Doug Ibendahl/Republican News Watch – National Review just handed Donald Trump the Election submitted by Puma By Design
- David Nye/Real Clear Defense – 5 Legendary Battleships from U.S. History submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Moonbattery – Trump Emphasizes His Ability to Work With Democrats submitted by The Daley Gator
- Tech Times – AI Politics: How An Artificial Intelligence Algorithm Can Write Political Speeches submitted by VA Right!
- Sultan Knish – Conservatism Isn’t Dead submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Shikha Dalmia/Reason.Com – Did ISIS Make A Bad Move By Attacking Istanbul? submitted byThe Razor
- Kausfiles – 8 Theories in Search of an Establishment submitted by The Glittering Eye
- National Review – Conservatives Against Trump submitted by Nice Deb
- Nate Silver/Five Thirty Eight.Com – One Big Reason To Be Less Skeptical Of Trump submitted by The Watcher
- Twitchy.Com – Latest IG report on Hillary Clinton’s emails is DEVASTATING submitted by The Watcher