Watcher’s Council Nominations – VA Blues Edition
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action
- Debra Heine from Nice Deb has a great new piece over at Breitbart concerning Baghdad Jay Carney’s lies on the VA scandal, American Legion Official Slams Jay Carney’s VA Distortions: WH Spin ‘Disingenuous.’
- Rob Miller at Joshuapundit has a new piece up at the Times of Israel, What ‘Nakba Day’ Really Means – And Why Israel And The World Should Prohibit it. If you’ve ever wondered exactly what ‘Nakba Day’ is and what it really means, this will tell you.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an email address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week..
- The Independent Sentinel – 19 Nifty Ways to End Free Speech in America
- Liberty’s Spirit – The Fascist-Left and the Destruction of the Liberal Mind
- Joshuapundit – The Left’s Forked Tongue Brigade Continues To Circle The Wagons On Benghazi
- The Noisy Room – Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Has Uncomfortably Close Ties To The Chinese Government
- Simply Jews – Dear Canucks – please explain Doug Saunders. Please?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Joyeuex Anniversarie Little Satan!
- VA Right! – Cantor Trying to Hide His Record – Here is an Amazing Graphic that Shows Cantor’s Liberal Ideology
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Tim Tebow vs. Michael Sam
- The Right Planet – Alarmists Issue Fatwa on Renowned Climate Scientist
- Bookworm Room – Do you ever feel as if you’ve been worked over by your government?
- The Glittering Eye – Bleeding Illinois
- Nice Deb – Will Obama Reach Out To His Half-Brother Malik To Save Condemned Christian Woman In Sudan?
- The Razor – No Sympathy for Fast Food Worker Strike Here
- Ask Marion – Two Women, Two Paths… The Choice
- Rhymes With Right – Here’s Why The DREAM Act Is A Problem
- Yourish.Com – Let’s Destroy Israel. There’s an App for That
- Maggie’s Notebook – Joe Biden Visits Ukraine, Creates a Job: Son Hunter Biden Gets Job With Ukraine Gas Company
- The Pirate’s Cove – Good News: U.S. Ready To Evacuate Embassy In Tripoli
- Jewish American Patriots – Wonder Of Wonder
- Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage Mag – Never Again, Again submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Daniel Henninger/WSJ – Bonfire of the Humanities submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Iowahawk – In New York, Scrappy Local Newspaper Struggles For Survival submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sultan Knish – The Progressive Red Guard submitted by The Noisy Room
- Point Of No Return – Of Nakbas, fools and fingers submitted by Simply Jews
- Commentary – Want Peace? Change UN’s Refugee Policy submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Breitbart – Rand Paul: Do We Continue to Arm the Enemies of Israel and the U.S. in Syria? submitted by VA Right!
- The First Street Journal – “I told You So!” submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Mark Steyn – The Descent Of Mann submitted by The Right Planet
- The DiploMad 2.0 – Shaking Hand : A memory of Pakistan submitted by Bookworm Room
- The American Interest – The Real Policy Failure in Libya submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Watts Up With That? – Scientists Respond to the Obama Administration’s 2014 National Climate Assessment submitted by Nice Deb
- Casimir Yost/The American Interest – Out of the Quicksand submitted by The Razor
- PJ Tattler – A Millennial Trashes the Class of ’14 submitted by Ask Marion
- Allen B. West – Sam’s kiss was “brave?” Villanueva has a Bronze Star – now THAT’S brave submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Jews Down Under – Israel: Separated for Security submitted by The Watcher
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – The Narcissistic Creed submitted by The Watcher